PDA

View Full Version : GQ Standard rebound distance

Kristian
9th June 2012, 07:05 PM
Hi ppl ... I have a 6" lift in my GQ Patrol and want to restore the rebound distance between my bump stops. I have heard that 80 series bump stops go in the front with little mods and the rear is easily restored from my beliefs.

My questions is 'What is the standard rebound distance between the bump stops?' I know i can go 1/3 over the standard distance, BUT what is the standard rebound distance for a GQ Y60 Patrol LWB ?
Any help or info will be appreciated ..... Kris
P.S I have Googled without any joy.

Ben-e-boy
10th June 2012, 09:44 AM
you should duck over to the introductions first and tell us about yourself and your rig. you need to explain what your are trying to do a bit better too. is it for longer shocks??

Kristian
10th June 2012, 05:01 PM
Ok sorry mate ... I thought intros was 'in' another section of the forum lol I was planning on posting pics and introducing my rig and myself when I'm acctualky logging 'in' from a Pc.

My intention is to try and get my rig mod plated here 'in' QLD for the 6" lift kit. In QLD they say you are not to exceed 1/3 over or under the factory distance between your bump stops, 'in' my case I have increased this distance with the lift kit. My question is 'what is the standard rebound distance from factory for a GQ lwb Patrol ? ' Once I have the factory distance, I can work on modifying my bump stops to bring myself into the '1/3 over' factory range.

BigMav
11th June 2012, 11:32 AM
I understand exactly what you are saying but why don't you just use some shorter springs to come in under the 1/3 rule if you are worried about it? I have a feeling that queensland transport won't allow the modified bumpstops anyway, they won't make it that easy!

To answer your question though yes both front and rear can be modified easily. 80 series in the front, and spacers in the rear.

Ben-e-boy
11th June 2012, 12:04 PM
Ok sorry mate ... I thought intros was 'in' another section of the forum lol I was planning on posting pics and introducing my rig and myself when I'm acctualky logging 'in' from a Pc.

My intention is to try and get my rig mod plated here 'in' QLD for the 6" lift kit. In QLD they say you are not to exceed 1/3 over or under the factory distance between your bump stops, 'in' my case I have increased this distance with the lift kit. My question is 'what is the standard rebound distance from factory for a GQ lwb Patrol ? ' Once I have the factory distance, I can work on modifying my bump stops to bring myself into the '1/3 over' factory range.

no worries mate. I dont know the exact measurement. I would measure the distance between the bump stops and take off the extra lift. I think that would be your best bet. The best thing about the low bump stops you can fit massive shocks in

Kristian
11th June 2012, 01:49 PM
no worries mate. I dont know the exact measurement. I would measure the distance between the bump stops and take off the extra lift. I think that would be your best bet. The best thing about the low bump stops you can fit massive shocks in

Certainly makes sense mate ... I'll try that n see what I come up with. Cheers mate

Xtreme 4x4 Sport
13th June 2012, 09:19 AM

Hi, welcome to the forum.

If you are trying to make it legal go back to a 2" - 3" lift.

What you are trying to do to make it legal won't help at all.

The rebound bump stop height as per Queensland Transport for measuring vehicle height on a live axle vehicle is the length of the shock absorber on full travel then take away the compressed length and you can increase that total (FT minus CL) by a third shared evenly up and down. So on a Patrol that works out to between 50 & 70mm

Cheers
David

Kristian
13th June 2012, 09:47 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum.

If you are trying to make it legal go back to a 2" - 3" lift.

What you are trying to do to make it legal won't help at all.

The rebound bump stop height as per Queensland Transport for measuring vehicle height on a live axle vehicle is the length of the shock absorber on full travel then take away the compressed length and you can increase that total (FT minus CL) by a third shared evenly up and down. So on a Patrol that works out to between 50 & 70mm

Cheers

David
Ok that's the info I was after !!! I have read something similar on a suspension forum but couldn't find it again .... Thanks David great help

Rick111
22nd June 2012, 10:50 AM
Can somebody please tell me what particular model of 80 series has the longer progressive rear bump stop that fits the front of the GU. Every 80 series I've looked at has a wedge style bump stop similar to the GU.

Cheers, Rick