PDA

View Full Version : Forum crashed!

AB
7th October 2010, 07:55 PM
Short Story.

I stuffed up!
All posts are lost from yesterday 06.10.10 @ 3pm....Thankgod i backed up then
Nightmare of a day, I'll explain in more detail soon.
Only just came back online now, Please let me know if you find anything not working.
More to come soon!

89GQ
7th October 2010, 07:57 PM
Short Story.

I stuffed up!
All posts are lost from yesterday 06.10.10 @ 3pm....Thankgod i backed up then
Nightmare of a day, I'll explain in more detail soon.
Only just came back online now, Please let me know if you find anything not working.
More to come soon!I just noticed ! all day thought it was me!!lol All seems to be working AB, Just a few from yesterday missing

Maxhead
7th October 2010, 07:58 PM
Haha, I just posted in another thread saying "did you kill it backing up"...haha
Well, not funny but gladf it's all back up

AB
7th October 2010, 08:04 PM
guys i have gone through hell and back today!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me check a few things.

Maxhead
7th October 2010, 08:09 PM
All mucking around aside, if there's anything we can do to help, just yell out.
I can appreciate the time and effort put into this and seeing it go down would be hell as you said.

Mate, all the work is definitely appreciated

NissanGQ4.2
7th October 2010, 08:10 PM
i had a heart attack when the forum wouldn't load, i started asking myself the question....why don't i have Andy's mobile number so i could ring him and go what the F, where's the forum gone!!!!! All good now......heart back to normal.....sorry to hear you have been to hell Andy......personally i enjoy the place *L* lucky you backed up yesterday and are back online now :) :) :)

89GQ
7th October 2010, 08:11 PM
All mucking around aside, if there's anything we can do to help, just yell out.
I can appreciate the time and effort put into this and seeing it go down would be hell as you said.

Mate, all the work is definitely appreciatedX2 Cant imagine what a headache it could be. Good work AB.

AB
7th October 2010, 08:12 PM
LONG STORY

Thank god i backed up yesterday!!!

Ok, all posts from 3pm onwards yesterday are gone until 5 minutes ago which is not too bad. Apologies to the posts last night.

If anyone remembers who they helped or what they posted I'm sorry but if you remember please re post them.

I got an email from my provider that said we were just about to run out of memory so I upgraded to the next plan. Rushing as always I upgraded but it upgraded to an entirly new server. I rung up and the person said you cannot restore the old database and you have lost EVERYTHING!!!

I freaked out but thank god i backed up yesterday at 3pm after reading the stories about other forums loosing data...lol

I could'nt restore the forum the normal way because this forum exceeds the memory to do the normal back up so my provider had to set up new codes and systems to enable a large restore thing...bla bla bla.

Anways, it looks ok and this is a huge relief for me. You wouldn't believe how stressed I was today!!!

I have spent over 5 hours on the phone, trying all different things bla bla bla.

Sorry guys, It's amazing how one little button could potentially ruin everything!!!!

AB
7th October 2010, 08:13 PM
Everytime someone tried to log in i would get an email error sent to my email addres....I now have 2768 emails in my inbox...lol....Thats great though!!!

Thanks guys, if you see anything not working just yell out!

89GQ
7th October 2010, 08:15 PM
No need to be sorry mate, I dont know the computer jive but sounds tricky! Atleast some members would have got jobs done today!!

Maxhead
7th October 2010, 08:17 PM
Mate, glad you're on the ball and have backed up! GOOD WORK

You can now crack open a coldie and put your legs up! You deserve it

Maxhead
7th October 2010, 08:18 PM
Didn't miss much anyway, just the usual dribble from the usual suspects!...lololol

AB
7th October 2010, 08:19 PM
Mate, glad you're on the ball and have backed up! GOOD WORK

You can now crack open a coldie and put your legs up! You deserve it

Cracked one right now and I'm happy....stress is slowly rolling away!

IF YOU SIGNED UP YESTERDAY 06/10/10 OR TODAY 07/10/10 YOU WILL HAVE TO SIGN UP AGAIN

Chops
7th October 2010, 08:36 PM
That was lucky you did the backup. I have a copy of some pages, going to see what I have.

Woof
7th October 2010, 08:40 PM
Ross and I are so happy that this happened as we really went to town on you lot last night while you all were getting your beauty sleep, ay Ross:smiley_thumbs_up:
Seriously AB, well done to get the forum back up and running mate, should not stress mate these things happen (says he who went into major stress mode when the Club website crashed, spent some time talking to some idiot USA trying to get it going)

Beer O'clock mate:cheers:

AB
7th October 2010, 08:41 PM
That was lucky you did the backup. I have a copy of some pages, going to see what I have.

Chops, I actually have you to thank as you mentioned the other forum lost 3 months of data and I didn't back up for a few weeks and did it yesterday after your message...Million thanks mate!!!

Chops
7th October 2010, 08:43 PM
Thought as much, I rang work late this afternoon, then rang the mobile to see if you needed help, but you were obviously busy.

AB
7th October 2010, 08:44 PM
Ross and I are so happy that this happened as we really went to town on you lot last night while you all were getting your beauty sleep, ay Ross:smiley_thumbs_up:
Seriously AB, well done to get the forum back up and running mate, should not stress mate these things happen (says he who went into major stress mode when the Club website crashed, spent some time talking to some idiot USA trying to get it going)

Beer O'clock mate:cheers:

Thanks doggie, to be honest I'm so happy its back to normal now!!!!!!!

Big day, I don't much about forums as they use php coding, etc and I was just guessing my way through it but at the end of the day common sense got it back online.

Funny thing, the forum was way too big to restore normally and my provider also had major dramas when I tried to back up the entire forum..haha....I think we caused issues on their side too when I tried to restore all of this...

deep breath....arrrgggh!!!!!!!!

Woof
7th October 2010, 08:45 PM
Job well done there Chops, we are slowly teaching these Easterners mate:bigthumbup:

AB
7th October 2010, 08:47 PM
Thought as much, I rang work late this afternoon, then rang the mobile to see if you needed help, but you were obviously busy.

Did you ring my mobile, how do you know my mobile number????

The number on the website is my home number which runs another business which just goes to a message bank as my misses signed up to too many fish n chip shop win a holiday contests and now we get a million telemarketers...haha.

Chops
7th October 2010, 08:51 PM
Did you ring my mobile, how do you know my mobile number????

Cant remember where I got the mobile, but don't worry, I'm not a stalker. :tongue:

See if the mobile comes up with a 0899 number.

Woof
7th October 2010, 08:54 PM
OK I'm going to ask the question AB, you said that you had to upgrade........so my question is, how do I put this............this site is your baby and we have all seen it grow and we are all proud of it so is there anyway that we can help out, maybe just donate a few dollars each.
Yeah I know what your going to say, but just have a think about it first before replying mate.
Without you getting this up and running we would not have met each other and have such a great time.

AB
7th October 2010, 08:55 PM
Cant remember where I got the mobile, but don't worry, I'm not a stalker. :tongue:

My phone didnt ring today though with an unknown number.

Oh, my domain name may be listed under an old work mobile if it doesnt end with 247 then my domain names must be under an old number.

NissanGQ4.2
7th October 2010, 08:56 PM
Everytime someone tried to log in i would get an email error sent to my email addres....I now have 2768 emails in my inbox...lol....Thats great though!!!

Thanks guys, if you see anything not working just yell out!
2768 emails........I sent you 100,000 emails asking what was going on with the forum, guess you haven't received them yet.

My 4 year old daughter just came in to say goodnight and wanted to know how come the man was bashing his head against the computer, couldn't help but crack up laughing, i just said that's how Andy's day was 2day.

AB
7th October 2010, 08:56 PM
OK I'm going to ask the question AB, you said that you had to upgrade........so my question is, how do I put this............this site is your baby and we have all seen it grow and we are all proud of it so is there anyway that we can help out, maybe just donate a few dollars each.
Yeah I know what your going to say, but just have a think about it first before replying mate.
Without you getting this up and running we would not have met each other and have such a great time.

Really appreciate the offer Doggie but It's ok mate. It's only an extra $15 a month and I know it all adds up etc, but It's all good mate.

We'll see how we go for a few months mate.

NissanGQ4.2
7th October 2010, 08:59 PM
Agree with The Dogman, u need to set up a donate facility Andy....let us help you so you can help us!

Chops
7th October 2010, 09:03 PM
Oh no, I lost all the posts I made last night, I mean at 2am this morning, all that work gone.:icon_bonk:

AB
7th October 2010, 09:11 PM
Oh no, I lost all the posts I made last night, I mean at 2am this morning, all that work gone.:icon_bonk:

Sorry mate, if you remembered what you did we would appreciate them back again...lol

Big lesson learnt on my side!

Chops
7th October 2010, 09:17 PM
Its all good Andy, don't let it worry you, at least this happened now, when the forum is young, and we could have lost a lot more than this.

the ferret
7th October 2010, 11:35 PM
Is this You Andy? you have been busy I hear.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/smoke.jpg

DX grunt
7th October 2010, 11:39 PM
It's cool. Thanks for all your time and effort you put in to getting us back online.

The only crap last night was about League. No great loss. lolol

Finly Owner
7th October 2010, 11:41 PM
Bull pit do you know how many welcomes I have to redo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well here I go again,,, you're forgiven andy. Now how do I send you $5?

Chops
7th October 2010, 11:44 PM
I just gave myself a pat on the back, I just realized what a legend I am. :p

DX grunt
8th October 2010, 12:14 AM
Ross and I are so happy that this happened as we really went to town on you lot last night while you all were getting your beauty sleep

Infraction material - big time. lololol

DX grunt
8th October 2010, 12:18 AM
Agree with The Dogman, u need to set up a donate facility Andy....let us help you so you can help us!

The DX trust fund c/o Switzerland will suffice. lolol

Seriously, I'll help out too.

Nissan Kid
8th October 2010, 02:40 AM
OMG does this mean Paul's post count has gone backwards :p

Quick everyone, its our chance to catch up.....

AB
8th October 2010, 08:48 AM
Is this You Andy? you have been busy I hear.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/smoke.jpg

That was me when I was ont he phone yesterday and the lady said "Sorry but all of your data is gone and you can not retrieve it"...lol

Thanks god thats over now!

DX grunt
8th October 2010, 08:59 AM
That was me when I was ont he phone yesterday and the lady said "Sorry but all of your data is gone and you can not retrieve it"...lol

Thanks god thats over now!

Damn. I missed another Kodak moment. lol - not.

AB
8th October 2010, 01:55 PM
Getting shiploads of emails from Members who signed up on the 6th after 3pm.

If you are a new user and signed up from the 06/10/10 to around 12noon on the 07/10/10 and you can not sign in then you will have to register again.