PDA

View Full Version : MudMAP / VMS

oncedisturbed
7th June 2012, 01:48 PM
As of today, I have become a beta tester for MudMAP / VMS for the iphone / ipad.

I have created this thread for those who use these apps to assist gaining info for possible inclusions / ideas that I can pass through to the developers who can then view the info and look at incorporating them into following release updates / patches.

This could include things such UI changes, areas that may streamline user mapping, possible mapping inclusions (these will be limited to mapping providers allowing incorporation into the apps) and whatever else can be thought of.

I will pass these on to the developers who will review the items and can then allow the beta testers to run user trials on it to see if they will be a benefit or a hindrance.

Jason

oncedisturbed
20th April 2013, 10:55 PM
Just a heads up and assume Li from MUDMaps will post more info upon it's release BUT MUDMaps 2 is currently in it's BETA testing stage which includes several maps in it's bundle and will now allow users to UPLOAD THEIR OWN MAPS, so all those with maps such as Ozi or HEMA (Ozf format) as an example, can now utilise these in the new app.

I am currently trailling the new app and so far pretty happy with it. UI is easy to use and it isn't cluttered like a lot of gps apps / units can be and transferring files across is easy as well. I will loading more maps in over the weekend (touchwood) to trial them. The app gives a GPS location of +/- 10m which is pretty good again in comparison with other apps / units.

NP99
20th April 2013, 11:20 PM
I have Mudmap on iPhone. Happy to help out.........

gu8 patrol
21st April 2013, 11:20 AM
i have just started using mud map on my iPad,i am leaving for the kimberleys next sunday for 2 months so should be interesting to see how this goes out in the bush

oncedisturbed
21st April 2013, 12:06 PM
Should be fine through there, have used it through Collie, Harvey and Murchison without any issues.

Enjoy the trip and get lotsa picces, we all lub dem here :)

Tap, Tap, Taparoo

Maxhead
21st April 2013, 02:38 PM
One suggestion which could be made to mud-maps is android app, currently only available for Iphone/pad to my knowledge.

97EK1
21st April 2013, 03:57 PM
Will my purchases move from mud map to the new one? FYI I had the original VMS app that got canned.

oncedisturbed
22nd April 2013, 10:20 AM
One suggestion which could be made to mud-maps is android app, currently only available for Iphone/pad to my knowledge.

From what I understand is that a version is coming for android but no release date has been set

Tap, Tap, Taparoo

oncedisturbed
22nd April 2013, 10:22 AM
Will my purchases move from mud map to the new one? FYI I had the original VMS app that got canned.

The purchased maps from VMS to MudMAPS HD could have been transferred across after advising staff there. MM 2 is a seperate app again and currently stands alone from the others.

Tap, Tap, Taparoo

97EK1
22nd April 2013, 11:19 AM
Yeah I've got the hd one with all of my vms stuff just sucks that it won't transfer to the new stuff

MudMap
3rd October 2013, 01:18 PM

Hi guys,

Just to clarify you can transfer any maps purchased on any MUDMAP apps to new apps free of charge so you won't need to pay for them again. This is because your purchase history is attached to your MUDMAP account, so as long as you log in to your MUDMAP account via the new app you will be able to download all the maps you have previously purchased for free.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions please ask me any time.

Warm Wishes,
Maria from MUDMAP