PDA

View Full Version : Devastated

markmclauchlin
4th June 2012, 08:06 PM
Hi All,

Well here is my crappy post, totally devastated.

Had the GU all packed for the long weekend, last minute drive to Bunnings to get a few more tie down straps and here is the result....

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qAmnvM9XXbk/T8x1b6R7G1I/AAAAAAAAA48/FbAVXmMb_yM/s640/IMG_0855.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Jy0Ue7fblK4/T8x1ae-gRzI/AAAAAAAAA44/tXGlMzDHUZE/s640/IMG_0857.JPG

My new steering dampner

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-O8_YTEu-D4c/T8x3IZ8KFUI/AAAAAAAAA54/bIAXh57isag/s640/IMG_0863.JPG

Bent steering arm and dampener

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-zlmEaWGKyAs/T8x3Gi-NVoI/AAAAAAAAA5w/u1YXCb3Vf5g/s640/IMG_0862.JPG

I spent Saturday and Sunday in Royal Perth with a neck collar on flat on my back, still have a tingling in my fingers and toes.

Underage (17 yr) old driver, no license, not his car and no insurance decided it was a good idea to run a red light, I hit him (t-boned), ran half way over his bonnet which set of both his airbags and wrote his car off. Police charged him with a few offences, which doesn't help my cause.

I get left with a broken car and the access to pay (6 weeks approx. to repair). Him not having insurance means mine has to cover it, so premium goes up, $450 access to pay, no car for the duration.

OH and on the yellow sticker they tell me to take the fishing rod holder off, doesn't matter that I was embarking on a fishing trip!!

So very angry........finally though luck was changing.....

Cheers

Stropp
4th June 2012, 08:13 PM
Bugger mate that's not good, bloody uninsured unlicensed drivers are a pain and it should be mandatory jail time, there is no real consequence except a fine and loss of a license they dont have anyway! Hope things get better mate.

DX grunt
4th June 2012, 08:18 PM
As long as you're ok, Mark, the rest will sort itself out.

Take care.

Rossco

Clunk
4th June 2012, 08:21 PM
Mate, that's justbloody gut wrenching, specially when the other party get hit with pretty much f all. They should be forced to sell off what ever they have in order today for damages.

Taps a lot!!!!!!

growler2058
4th June 2012, 08:22 PM
What a prik the little sh1t and the copper!!

the ferret
4th June 2012, 08:22 PM
MMMMMMate, that fairly SUCKS, You will need to take Civil action if your insurance won't come to the party, Yellow sticker, what a rort and unfair set up.
Cheers, the ferret.

markmclauchlin
4th June 2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks Guys,

Kinda really p&*^ at the world right now, spent so much time lately getting the rig just how I want it, all ready to spend a weekend out with the family and this happens. Grrrrrr

AB
4th June 2012, 08:28 PM
Mate, I'm so sorry to see that....heart wrenching indeed!!!!!!!!

Lost for words mate, DISASTER!!!!!!!!

Woof
4th June 2012, 08:30 PM
As I have said on the club forum Mark, hang in there mate it could have been a lot worse.

ghostrider_oz
4th June 2012, 09:23 PM
Really bad luck mate - but as they say you can fix cars as long as you are going to pull through, and once your all better & the trols all sorted go find the little scrot and give him a bit of a pull through with a snatch strap

macca
4th June 2012, 09:27 PM
Its all been said by others, sending good thoughts over to you mate.
Macca

Winnie
4th June 2012, 09:28 PM
Absolutely devastating mate... and that cop must have been a real piece of work to then give you a canary. Unbelievable.

Woof
4th June 2012, 09:36 PM
Hey Mark, please don't let this put you back mate, if you need someone to talk to just send me a PM

wildgu6
4th June 2012, 09:48 PM
I know it sux coz we work bloody hard for what we got and some little turd comes along and F@($ it all. It's happened to me and I would say many others. The system is wrong and it needs to change to protect the innocent party's. As long as your gunna be ok buddy the trol can be fixed. Hope it all works out for ya mate,

Yappa Tappa Doo

megatexture
4th June 2012, 09:54 PM
That is shocking!. Also you shouldn’t have to cover squat it should be the insurance that covers it and they should flip the bill for court fees to get it back off the hoon. Man that $#!+'s me off sorry to hear mate but its lucky it wasn’t the start of your trip with the family in the car ! Hope you recover soon.

markmclauchlin
4th June 2012, 10:14 PM
Thanks guys.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1j5wo5

markmclauchlin
4th June 2012, 10:15 PM
Hey Mark, please don't let this put you back mate, if you need someone to talk to just send me a PM

Thanks mate. Been a rough few days especially in hospital. Brought back some bad memories. Cheers

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ueaxlo

Clunk
4th June 2012, 10:53 PM
Thanks mate. Been a rough few days especially in hospital. Brought back some bad memories. Cheers

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ueaxlo

As soggy said mate, if you ever need to lend an ear, just give us a shout man

Taps a lot!!!!!!

growler2058
4th June 2012, 10:54 PM
As soggy said mate, if you ever need to lend an ear, just give us a shout man

Taps a lot!!!!!!

Aw soggy doggy bet that stinks;-)

Clunk
4th June 2012, 10:57 PM
Aw soggy doggy bet that stinks;-)

Oooooops, I could go and fix it.....................

But I'm not

Taps a lot!!!!!!

lil regy
4th June 2012, 10:58 PM
as it was a police reported incident you shouldnt have to pay anything to the insurance company. Doesn't matter if the other party wasn't insured there is police reports and evidence he was at fault and the insurance company has to persue him. Good to see the WA Police at their finest... f*****g pathetic.

Best of luck with the recovery mate.

Silver
5th June 2012, 12:14 AM
Gut wrenching. Hope your neck etc comes good asap, that Karma catches up with the grub, and your patrol comes back better than new.

Richo460
5th June 2012, 03:53 AM
The insurance company will definately mke him pay, i was in an accident once with no insurance and i had to pay, bit by bit, as if being an apprentice wasn't bad enough. Your excess shouldn't go up as it was not your fault and they get their money back from the other person, you may be able to claim criminal compensation for the injuries and lost time at work. Definately worth checking out. I know another bloke who got compensation in WA for an accident.

The BigFella
5th June 2012, 07:37 AM
Many kind word have already been said in here, hope you heal quick. And remember mate, it could have been oh so worse.
You are still walking, your family weren't hurt! Keep safe dude,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sir Roofy
5th June 2012, 11:53 AM
cant say any more except get well and take care

White Elephant
5th June 2012, 04:01 PM
Terribly unfortunate mate. The good news is that you're ok. The car can be repaired. Hope you get back on the road sooner than later.

timbar
5th June 2012, 04:19 PM
NOT GOOD MATE hope all works out in your favour in the end mate get better soon.......some laws are just F@CKED UP !!!!

markmclauchlin
6th June 2012, 08:20 PM
Thanks again everyone,

Finly Owner
6th June 2012, 10:28 PM
Hey Mark,
I feel for you.

Me I've beenon both sides of the coin. So I can offer a balanced view. Yes, you're insurance company will get you to pay the excess. But the patrol will be repaired or replaced.

As for the unlicenced mongrel, you can take civil action against him for loss of income, the excess payment, any holiday booking fees lost, and the Yellow Canary Ticket that youwould notreceived if you had been on your way with rods in it.

At the moment any words will seem shallow, but they say that looking at ifs and butsdon't help. We have to se the positives, and the biggest is your family still have YOU in one piece.

With sincerety I write this and send this with a note of positiveness, not meant with any maliciousnes.

Tim

Antznz
6th June 2012, 11:17 PM
So sorry for your loss. Perhaps the only comfort wold be to get the driver of the her car and use him as a tree protector and practice some winching. Nice truck by the way and I like the rod holders.... Obviously a cop on a bad day to give you that sticker. U wouldn't get one in good old NZ just a thumbs up!!!

markmclauchlin
9th June 2012, 11:36 PM
Thanks Tim

Hey Mark,
I feel for you.

Me I've beenon both sides of the coin. So I can offer a balanced view. Yes, you're insurance company will get you to pay the excess. But the patrol will be repaired or replaced.

As for the unlicenced mongrel, you can take civil action against him for loss of income, the excess payment, any holiday booking fees lost, and the Yellow Canary Ticket that youwould notreceived if you had been on your way with rods in it.

At the moment any words will seem shallow, but they say that looking at ifs and butsdon't help. We have to se the positives, and the biggest is your family still have YOU in one piece.

With sincerety I write this and send this with a note of positiveness, not meant with any maliciousnes.

Tim

NissanGQ4.2
10th June 2012, 07:21 AM
x 50 on what everyone else has already said mark, yes one would be very p!ssed of about the insurance and yellow, but at the end of the day your alive and that's all that matters.

A lot of families out there that no longer have there loved ones with them because of some stupid driver. Even drivers that aren't at fault, have not been injured but have been involved in a fatality, can end up with there lives completely destroyed.

Have a look @ this link: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2098-xmas-message-that-hits-home&highlight=crash%3A+truck

Post # 10

I still don't think he has driven a car since

Chin up mark and count yourself as one of the lucky ones, luck was on your side that day.

Cheers

Todd

taslucas
11th June 2012, 04:53 PM
Hadnt seen that yet Todd. Thats not good at all...... All the best to him

perni_a
12th June 2012, 08:59 PM
+1 for mandatory jail time for unlicenced / uninsured / unregistered drivers.

cookpa
29th June 2012, 10:25 PM
shocking luck there mate ,unlicenced should be jailed ,and those fishing rod holders are totaly banned here in NSW i didnt think it was in other states too !

Biscuits
30th June 2012, 11:00 AM
I feel for you mate, I agree with the guys that say you shouldn't have to pay the excess, a couple of months ago We were rear ended by a drunk driver @ 10 in the morning, unlicensed, unregistered, uninsured. doing twice the posted speed limit. Seeing as he was at fault, He was responsible for the entire lot!!! My insurance had to take him to court for it, but as an unemployed gentleman... $55,000 at $15 a week will take them a while to recover it :(

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/428629_10150688480590972_1033146547_n.jpg

Where the lady on the far left is where the nose of my car was parked
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/402094_10150688569840972_57270025_n.jpg

THE ALL NEW FALCON HATCHBACK :(
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/396335_10150688920570972_1587756235_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/407144_10150688920255972_550665597_n.jpg

Sprattman
20th July 2012, 10:28 PM
That really sucks. I hope you are back to full health and the troll is getting fixed up well.
I agree with the ferret. take that lil prick to court and milk him for all he is worth. even if he cant pay you back he will have to declare bankrupt, then he will remember how much of a fool he was for a long time.

chevracer383
25th August 2012, 09:31 AM
That sux mate. Your truck should hopefully be all fixed by now. Hope you feeling better. Neck injuries aren't fun.

vk3mnm
9th September 2012, 11:45 PM
I feel for all people involved in a collision whan they are not at fault, insurance companies are some of the biggest scammers among us, I was hit by lady once totally her fault, funny thing was we were both with GIO, the shifty buggers tried to get an excess out of the both of us, me because she said I ran a red light and her because she turned in front of me on a red arrow.
Hope it's all sorted for you guys without too much hassle.
Cheers Illya

GQ TANK
10th September 2012, 07:12 PM
My wife was driving down the road, a lady backed up of a car park on the other side of the road, doing a reverse u-turn and t boned her.

The insurance claimed it was half my wifes fault

I agrued that the ladyhad made a illegal u turn, and did give way to oncomming traffic. - they still hit us for excess

Chris79
10th September 2012, 10:23 PM
Hope your feeling better mate.

Agree the insurance companies are pricks, I had a head on on a dirt road with another 4wd that overshot a corner because he hit the skids and went strait.
Same thing, 50/50 blame because there was no center line. I was expected to miraculasly manoeuvre my car out of the way.

77gze
8th October 2012, 12:52 AM
Thats so shit, the little bastard

Pukie83
11th October 2012, 05:44 PM
he should be paying your excess!

Ben89
11th October 2012, 08:03 PM
Man that's crap, Hope your rig is back on the road asap

myzathreeby
28th October 2012, 09:20 AM
Mate, my work is doing repairs for insurance companies (building), and there is no way they should increase your premiums or your excess because you made a claim.