PDA

View Full Version : fixed window fitting on my GQ LWB

cookpa
2nd June 2012, 02:56 PM
Today i pulled the slide rear side windows out of my patrol it took just 1 hour and 15 minutes including set up locate tools and clean windows ,i use venetian blind cord to pull the rubbers in on the first window i used wd 40 to lube the rubber and rope to help slide the rubber in place but on the second window i used car wash as the wd 40 made the rope to hard to handle ,i picked up the fixed windows on ebay for $250 inc rubbers the actual car frame had a bit of dirt between it and the rubbers but no rust which worked out perfect heres a few photos of the progress i did with the help of my 12 year old son

cookpa
2nd June 2012, 03:15 PM
thought i would put a couple of full size photos in too

cookpa
2nd June 2012, 07:11 PM
my second and third effort for today was to install my modified hyundai v6 air box to my snorkel , followed by fitting the new correct hi beam turn signal switch ,yay now i dont have to turn of the indicator manually (if i remember) evry time i turn right ,Now to do front and rear pads and rotors ,
All thats left to get is the front shocks and steering stabilizer and i think i am done ,

Bigrig
2nd June 2012, 09:32 PM
Top effort mate!! About to do the rear windows in mine also, so hearing it wasn't too stressful is a little bonus for me!!

AB
2nd June 2012, 09:49 PM
They look good mate, a job needing to be done myself one day!!!

Clunk
2nd June 2012, 10:25 PM
X3 on the above, looks good and good to hear they weren't difficult to do....... Gonna get me some new sliders one day soon

Taps a lot!!!!!!

timbar
2nd June 2012, 10:33 PM
I cheated i rang instant windscreens and they done mine .....but then again mine were broken and i have full glass cover on my insurance hahahah

cookpa
3rd June 2012, 01:47 AM
I cheated i rang instant windscreens and they done mine .....but then again mine were broken and i have full glass cover on my insurance hahahah

cool i like that idea :-)

pngboy45
4th August 2012, 03:46 PM
How exactly did you pull them out cookpa? I want to do mine but not sure how to?

riskset
15th August 2012, 11:34 AM
pngboy45, they come out surprisingly easy. just start gently pulling the interior rubbers away and the window will remove externally. its often the removeable windows that rust out, and the body of the patrol is in top condition. cheers,

2020 Cape Trip
15th January 2018, 12:39 AM
Hi mate
can you confirm where you got the turn signal switch from, getting tired of turning my off as well

barn_find_GQ
20th September 2019, 09:34 AM
Love this man, I will eventually do this to mine aswell. Sounds easy enough. Thanks man.