PDA

View Full Version : My Gu Series 7

molongmick
5th October 2010, 09:44 PM
HI there, here is my new truck. Getting excited with all the modifications I would like to do.

DX grunt
5th October 2010, 09:50 PM
Nice truck Mick.

It's exciting that you're excited. I still am. You have to work out your wants and needs.
If you're into 4wd'ing, I'd suggest proper front & rear recovery points and all the proper
recovery stuff.

Make a list of wants and needs and go from there.

Take care out there and enjoy.

Ross
DX grunt

AB
5th October 2010, 09:51 PM
Good stuff Mick, nice clean looking set up.

Just yell out if you need any help with the mods mate.

molongmick
5th October 2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks guys, just put in new uhf today, icom 440, no room to hide the unit, so it is sitting under the passenger seat at the moment.

Woof
5th October 2010, 09:55 PM
Very nice Mick, get out there and enjoy it mate.
Is it the CRD?

Bigcol
5th October 2010, 10:06 PM
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

very nice.........

my want new patrol daddy ........NOW! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

BBQ Troll
10th October 2010, 06:31 PM
Nice looking truck, looking forward to the build up.

Maxhead
11th October 2010, 07:29 AM
Good looking truck mate, enjoy the build up and post some pics too.

Doggie, yes it's a CRD

patch697
11th October 2010, 02:17 PM
Top Rig Mick, can't wait to see what it's like after you start playing with it.

Keep us posted with some pick if you would please.

Cheers
Paul

Finly Owner
11th October 2010, 11:53 PM
Nice starting point mate.

Chops
12th October 2010, 12:22 AM
Cant believe how popular the GU series are.

Maxhead
12th October 2010, 07:20 AM
Cant believe how popular the GU series are.
Yep, every man and their dog has one, but there's heaps of GQ's getting around as well still.

molongmick
18th October 2010, 10:21 PM
Just added some photos into my album of a quick trip into the snow at Mt Canobolas.

This is when I sarted to come up with a list of items I would like, these are:
1. Winch done
2. Decent recovery points done
3. Dual battery, (already have the isolator installed, just need the tray and battery) Done
4. Raised suspension (nothing too major, about 2" I think is enough for me) done
5. Roof mounted DVD for the kids (for those long trips) Done
6. Diff lock front,
7. Decent compressor, (ARB) done
and as a maybe Diesel gas conversion

molongmick
29th January 2011, 10:27 AM
Finally got around to installing 2nd battery. Just finished wiring up a 2nd outlet for the fridge in te cargo area.
I wired in an override switch and fuse into the small access panel on the left hand side of the cargo area., all up the cost of 2nd outlet was $40.00
The battery, 75amp marine grade and cradle with wiring cost $440.00:gossip:
Anyhow, it has started, the first of the additions, now I need to save up for the next, which will leave one of the following:
1. Winch
2. Decent recovery points
3. Raised suspension
4. Roof mounted DVD for the kids

Here are some pictures:kewlpics:

patch697
29th January 2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks for that last post, the more info & ppl's ideas on here the better.

Clunk
29th January 2011, 07:00 PM
thanks for that Mick, have been meaning to do to put an extra outlet in mine......... neat looking job mate

Woof
29th January 2011, 07:42 PM
Very tidy job there Mick, well done mate

molongmick
29th January 2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys.

I'm now thinking of putting in a second outlet to run lights etc with override switch.

It all works well, no dramas. Fridge runs well and uses bugger all power, overall very happy with the end result. Just like a bought one.

AB
29th January 2011, 10:55 PM
Very neat job mate, good photos, excellent!

KINGRAT502
5th February 2011, 12:48 PM
nice unit mick,,,

molongmick
14th March 2011, 07:42 PM
Next mod has been done. Installed roof DVD for the kids while I was in Qld. Got it half price at Autobarn in Bundall. After arriving home I decided to price winches yet again and got What I thing is a good deal, a TJM 12000lb Ox winch installed for $1300. Winch will be installed on Wednesday next week, ready for a good weekend out. Will post pictures when winch is installed.

MudRunnerTD
15th March 2011, 12:58 AM
Hey Mick nice looking rig mate.

Love the GU Series 4 onwards, great looking.

I never stop looking at my IV in the driveway and its just awesome.

Have a rethink on the rear locker mate, you will find the LSD in the back of the late model GUs is awesome and your money will be far better spent on the front Locker.

To be honest though your money will be far better spent on a second set of wheels and 285 muddies, if you do this look for some 16s cause they will be far cheaper and easier to get when touring on them too.

Good work mate, looks sweet. Nearly bought a white one as the Polar White is wicked in the late models..

nowoolies
15th March 2011, 05:47 AM
onya Mick now the dollars start to dissapear on the bus
good looking rig dont fer git yer stickers
NISSANPATROL.COM.AU

growler2058
15th March 2011, 08:33 PM
Cool truck mate, gotta love the modification and accessories bug when it takes hold.

molongmick
15th March 2011, 08:36 PM
Cool truck mate, gotta love the modification and accessories bug when it takes hold.

I've been bitten bad I think.

big_fletch
15th March 2011, 09:47 PM
I've been bitten bad I think.

Haha yer but its a good feeling.. let us know how you go with the winch as I am looking at a tjm models as well so would be interested in your thoughts of it..

Fletcha

molongmick
27th March 2011, 06:22 PM
Yeah, got the winch and recovery plate fitted to the truck.

Winch simply bolted straight in, thankfully, however the recovery plate was a bit more difficult.

I needed to remove a corner of the plate with the angle grinder so the plate fitted correctly. It simply bolted straight on with out too much difficulty.

The solenoid box is hidden inside the bar with the connection for the remote located on the drivers side of the bar in front of the headlight.

racey000
27th April 2011, 09:50 PM
nice starting point, now for some big mods :D

molongmick
6th December 2011, 07:20 PM
After some though and consideration, the next mod is happening in two weeks.

I will be getting a two inch OME lift.

I have read many reports and various comments on many different shock and suspension systems, but for peace of mind and back up service I feel that the OME is the wisest choice for me.

All up the fitting, wheel alignment and 2" lift with springs and coils, will cost about $1300, compared to other quotes of similar price, these systems are supposed to be "tuned" to work with each other.

Well time will tell.

I will post some before and after pictures later on.

Bigrig
6th December 2011, 07:26 PM
After some though and consideration, the next mod is happening in two weeks.

I will be getting a two inch OME lift.

I have read many reports and various comments on many different shock and suspension systems, but for peace of mind and back up service I feel that the OME is the wisest choice for me.

All up the fitting, wheel alignment and 2" lift with springs and coils, will cost about $1300, compared to other quotes of similar price, these systems are supposed to be "tuned" to work with each other.

Well time will tell.

I will post some before and after pictures later on.

Looking forward to the snaps mate!!!

MudRunnerTD
6th December 2011, 07:35 PM
Your going to love the OME mate. It is awesome!!

BenB
28th February 2012, 10:50 PM
Nice Gu7, what's the manuf date?

molongmick
28th February 2012, 11:07 PM
Nice Gu7, what's the manuf date?

Aug 10, From memory

molongmick
28th February 2012, 11:13 PM
Some pictures of the suspension lift, I thought I had already posted these, but hey, I must be getting old.

Bigrig
28th February 2012, 11:22 PM
Some pictures of the suspension lift, I thought I had already posted these, but hey, I must be getting old.

Nice height mate - very clean looking unit, and far better stance with a couple of added inches!!!

Maxhead
29th February 2012, 06:25 AM
Looking good Mick, going for a bigger tyre as well?

molongmick
29th February 2012, 08:33 AM
Looking good Mick, going for a bigger tyre as well?

Will probably go one size up, but definately a better tyre than the OE cr@p Nissan put on.

Rip'n'Shred
29th February 2012, 09:07 AM
Looking great mate, well done. I agree with mudrunner, you only need a front locker. Well thats what I will be going with.

Tweakedoffroad
29th February 2012, 01:43 PM
Hey mate great build up agree with mudrunner and rip'n'shred you dont need a rear locker because of the lsd in there the front is the way to go I would go a set of tyres first keep the pics comeing lovn em