DX grunt
31st May 2012, 08:37 AM
Here's my camp bed when the missus comes camping with me. :clapping:

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/Gruntsden003.jpg

Take care out there.

Rossco

Winnie
31st May 2012, 08:44 AM
That's a bloody good setup! My Pa has a similar setup in his ex-Telstra Patrol. He's about 7' tall though so extended the rear of the pod haha

Stropp
31st May 2012, 10:56 AM
thats a good setup, when you are in the doghouse with the old girl you will be comfy ha ha. I used to work for the big T and used to do a lot of bushwork in the nt and thats where we slept.

wildgu6
31st May 2012, 12:06 PM
Old fellas need comfort hahaha
Lookin good there Rossco, nothin but 5 star all the way mate, nice work

Yappa Tappa Doo

megatexture
31st May 2012, 12:06 PM
so the stuffed dog is for when shes not there i take it, nice set up would be good for touring just pull up and sleep no setting up

DX grunt
31st May 2012, 08:17 PM
so the stuffed dog is for when shes not there i take it, nice set up would be good for touring just pull up and sleep no setting up

The stuffed dog is DX grunt. lol

The BigFella
31st May 2012, 08:51 PM
The stuffed dog is DX grunt. lol

the stuffed dog "makes DX Grunt",,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The BigFella
31st May 2012, 08:59 PM
Here's a pic of the bed I made by removing the drivers side rear split seat, this allowed me to get the required leg room (6f3i) tilt the front seat for sleeping and all is good! Window shade are a new purchase and have proven fantastic keeping the light out and also insulating against the cold glass! Bit squeezy for two, but perfect for single sleeping!

megatexture
31st May 2012, 09:57 PM
how’s the insulation go against the heat ?also who supplied them a name/ link would be great.
Been thinking of something like that for the rear 4 windows as I’ve got a clear rubber/plastic on my cargo barrier so the air-conditioning is more effective in the front though now I’m thinking the back may get hot and unnecessarily work the waeco harder.

DX grunt
31st May 2012, 09:58 PM
When I'm by myself, I just chuck a swag in the boot. lol.

Winnie
31st May 2012, 10:11 PM
You'd get a lot of condensation build up over night when you sleep in the pod yeah?

DX grunt
31st May 2012, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I do, actually. Was gunna try and insulate the pod, but I think it would end up going mouldy. I've been dripped on a few times. lol Any ideas???????

Stropp
31st May 2012, 10:50 PM
Rosco when I was with Telstra the best thing we found was to install a boat air scoop vent on the roof facing forwards, helps pressurize the pod when driving and being a boat one also has run off slots for water and helps at night to stop the condensation.

Clunk
31st May 2012, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I do, actually. Was gunna try and insulate the pod, but I think it would end up going mouldy. I've been dripped on a few times. lol Any ideas???????

We used to camp out in my mares old transit van, had the same problem with condensation. So we ended up carpeting the roof and walls. No issues with mould either

megatexture
1st June 2012, 12:52 AM
Rosco when I was with Telstra the best thing we found was to install a boat air scoop vent on the roof facing forwards, helps pressurize the pod when driving and being a boat one also has run off slots for water and helps at night to stop the condensation.

Isn’t that reducing condensation by venting the pod and getting it the same temperatures inside as out ? so if it was a cold night you would get cold inside also? Not really a problem that can’t be fixed with more blankets

What about a fly (like a tent has)i know when i park my car outside it gets alot on the front window but under our carport the windows fine on a morning

The BigFella
1st June 2012, 07:02 AM
Marine carpet on the roof sounds the go,,,,,,,, easy to install and has some insulating properties?

The BigFella
1st June 2012, 07:05 AM
how’s the insulation go against the heat ?also who supplied them a name/ link would be great.
Been thinking of something like that for the rear 4 windows as I’ve got a clear rubber/plastic on my cargo barrier so the air-conditioning is more effective in the front though now I’m thinking the back may get hot and unnecessarily work the waeco harder.

Hey megatexture, there's a link for the shades in another post "Sarina to Perth". They are awesome at keeping the heat out. We have a Waeco and it runs a lot smoother.

Winnie
1st June 2012, 08:07 AM
I get heaps of condensation in my swag, I hate my swag.

megatexture
1st June 2012, 08:56 AM
Cheers mate

my third 256
1st June 2012, 10:06 AM
here is the info on the shades
SOLARSCREEN
PO BOX 8 CARINA QLD 4152
Phone/Fax +61 7 3398 5500
Email: sales@solarscreen.com.au

dsmith
31st July 2012, 09:16 PM
This is my sophisticated set up. Set up takes about 2min 30sec.

MEGOMONSTER
31st July 2012, 09:38 PM
This is my sophisticated set up. Set up takes about 2min 30sec.

I love it. A camp tent with a garage.

DX grunt
31st July 2012, 09:42 PM
I love it. A camp tent with a garage.

x2 Quick, easy and practical. I love it!

DX grunt
31st July 2012, 09:43 PM
I get heaps of condensation in my swag, I hate my swag.

Stop pharting in it then. PML

CAPTAIN
14th February 2013, 05:03 AM
Normally wake up with ton water on outside toasty inside but my swag just has 2 pull ova flaps