PDA

View Full Version : TB42 to TD42 conversion

BUZNBI
28th May 2012, 06:35 PM
Hi guys I am doing a conversion on my dual cab maverick,from a tb42 to td42 n/a for the moment but will be chuckin a turbo on it later on, i have come across a fair few helpful posts thanks, il be changing diff centers as well as I have 3:9's I have my fingers crossed everything will go smoothly I have my fingers crossed.
Any info will be greatly appreciated
Thanks George

taslucas
28th May 2012, 07:14 PM
hi mate, not sure if you found this thread: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?5432-Diesel-conversion-%28TD42-from-TB42%29

taslucas
28th May 2012, 07:16 PM
Here is another:http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?5103-tb42-to-td42-engine-conversion-wiring-loom

AB
28th May 2012, 07:23 PM
The above links are pretty good mate, your A/C will be different as well and the will need new lines, etc.

BUZNBI
29th May 2012, 06:12 AM
Thanks guys really helpful I was thinking Of putting in 4:11 diffs as well

BUZNBI
29th May 2012, 03:51 PM
Hey guys I was just wondering what is a good price to sell my tb42 complete engine with gas system?

AB
29th May 2012, 04:00 PM
How many km's on it mate?

My mate sold his on gas with 410,000km's for $500. You don't get a hell of a lot for them unfortunately.

BUZNBI
29th May 2012, 04:33 PM
Ok cool it's done 290000 but 230000 of them were by my grandfather. Was that with converter gas tank and all?

BUZNBI
29th May 2012, 07:29 PM
Hey guys I am contemplating to change my diff ratios I don't do any 4x4ing I pretty much use my car for interstate and work driving, what do yous think if I leave my ratios as 3:9's
Should I do the install of the engine and see how they go or just change them?

taslucas
29th May 2012, 07:38 PM
Swap the engine and see how you go with the diff ratio. You can easily change the ratio later. But why do you have a patrol only to drive it on the highway??? Buy a buzz box for the price of the engine swap and use it on the freeway and on your days off, get the trol in the mud THEY LOVE IT!! oh and take photos too lol

BUZNBI
29th May 2012, 08:35 PM
Hahaha I used to do a fair bit 4x4ing and I still might get out once in a while, but I kinda do alot of hunting interstate. I guess I can change the ratios later, I just thought someone else is running the same gears. They are great cars. Did you want photos is the conversion or the mud?lol

taslucas
30th May 2012, 06:41 AM
lol, we love all pics here!

BUZNBI
30th May 2012, 12:35 PM
Are the exhausts the same between the petrol and diesel or will I have to change it as well?
And can I alter my wiring loom the tb42 or
Would I need a td42 wiring loom?

BUZNBI
30th August 2012, 09:50 AM
Hey guys i ended up working everything out I got the car running and did the vicroads changeover, I noticed a slight ticking noise that got a little louder each week so decided to get it comp tested and cylinders 2&5 were low and cylinder 3 had deep scores in it, not the news i wanted to hear,so I took it back out,and it's at the mechanics now gettin a full rebuild with turbo.
How do u upload photos on here as you guys like them I can't work it out.

AB
30th August 2012, 09:17 PM
Hey guys i ended up working everything out I got the car running and did the vicroads changeover, I noticed a slight ticking noise that got a little louder each week so decided to get it comp tested and cylinders 2&5 were low and cylinder 3 had deep scores in it, not the news i wanted to hear,so I took it back out,and it's at the mechanics now gettin a full rebuild with turbo.
How do u upload photos on here as you guys like them I can't work it out.

Good to hear mate sorry no one could sort you out earlier.

If you press "Go Advanced" on the bottom right of screen it gives you more options when posting.

Then just click on the http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/editor/attach.png symbol to attach an image to the post.

Has to be under 1.9mb in size. If your images are bigger than that then read this
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1412-Picture-sizes-and-how-to-reduce-the-size.