PDA

View Full Version : I can't sign up, the forum says I'm a spammer

AB
27th May 2012, 10:15 PM
Hi All,

I installed a new system to combat our spam problem.

It blocks people on their IP address or their email address or their Username chosen from an anti-spam database.

I have had a few emails from people saying they got rejected when signing up. Most of the problem is your chosen username.

I just took the username part off so everyone should be ok to register to the forum now, apologies for that!

If you can still not sign up then send me an email at info@nissanpatrol.com.au

megatexture
27th May 2012, 10:55 PM
it only takes me 2 mins to change my ip address

Woof
27th May 2012, 11:10 PM
When I read the thread name I nearly fell off my chair laughing at the thought of you being locked out mate...lol

NissanGQ4.2
28th May 2012, 06:34 AM
So is the forum going 2 get hit by loan, cash etc..............members again???

AB
28th May 2012, 08:53 AM
So is the forum going 2 get hit by loan, cash etc..............members again???

It is possible mate some will sneak through. It will block their email address and their IP but as said above you can change IP pretty easy.

The problem being when it was set to username it was blocking people trying to use general names such as Freddy or Johnno, etc, I'm at a cross roads now...LMAO

I will do a log today and see if It's still working or not or which ones snuck through...

NissanGQ4.2
28th May 2012, 05:30 PM
It is possible mate some will sneak through. It will block their email address and their IP but as said above you can change IP pretty easy.

The problem being when it was set to username it was blocking people trying to use general names such as Freddy or Johnno, etc, I'm at a cross roads now...LMAO

I will do a log today and see if It's still working or not or which ones snuck through...

But with the user names can't you add what you want blocked, eg: "LOAN" "CASH" etc so any name with loaner, cashbank etc will only get blocked???