PDA

View Full Version : What things need to be done for a 4'' suspension lift

Mattonpatrol
27th May 2012, 07:40 PM
Hey guys i drive a 97 GU ST patrol with stock suspension, and i am coming real close to installing a lift for it.... I am real keen to go for a 4'' lift, as i do love getting into some rough stuff and love to see some flexing, My main question with a 4'' lift is...
what are all of things i would need to change or modify for it in terms of drive lines, brake lines etc.... In the end i want it to be done properly and as safe as possible with no problems later on with my "Pride and joy".
And i do understand i have to get a engineers certificate for it also.....
Between me and my 4wd club i will be doing this all in my garage, as its hard to find a shop that will actually lift a 4wd more than 2''.. And i am also don't want to be charged an arm and a leg for someone else to install it for me...
Thanks guys!!

growler2058
27th May 2012, 07:51 PM
Radius arms or drop boxes extended trailing arms adjustable f/r panhards save a coupla $'s and use your standard rear brake line to replace the front then only buy extended rear. Extended brake proportioning valve bracket. Use original nissan bushes where possible. Go rubber everywhere else will help with flex

Tapp tillya Crap

Lieney
31st May 2012, 07:43 PM
Agree with growlers71gq. A lot to do and I'd be contacting an engineer before. I wanted 3" & 35" tyres in Vic & nobody would sign off that I could find. Settled for 2" & 32" tyres. If an engineer's on board, you can usually buy complete kits from varying places with every part u need. Do the research & u won't b disappointed. Also consider insurance, including 3rd party that comes with rego(depending on state). Good luck