PDA

View Full Version : Kinglake/Toolangi 7th July 2012 - Victoria Meet up

krbrooking
27th May 2012, 01:39 PM
Hey all, as I have only just moved here and dont really know anyone with a four wheel drive and dont really want to go out by myself incase something should go wrong I was hoping there would be a few people inreseted in meeting up for a day cruize one will hopefully be on the 7/8th of July, still have to clarify dates with the old man who is flying over from Perth. The other one will be in August sometime when my mate fly's over will also have to confirm dates though but will also no doubt be on the weekend sometime. I live in Whittlsea so thought around the area's mentioned would be a good start but am open to any other spots that may be good for a day trip.

AB EDIT:

Meeting at my place at 9:30am on the Saturday 7th July followed by a BBQ at my place afterwards.

Everyone is welcome to come along for a fun day out!

I live at Christmas Hills (5 mins from Yarra Glen, towards Eltham area).....PM AB for exact address. (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?1-AB)

Head off at 10am from my house but try and be there at 9:30am.

Bigrig
27th May 2012, 02:20 PM
Went through there with the Vic boys at Christmas (I'm from QLD though, so probably won't make these trips!! lol).

Top spots and no doubt you'll get some company for the days out ... make sure they take you up Rocky Track (or whatever it's called - AB and the boys know the one I mean).

Bob
27th May 2012, 02:21 PM
Hey all, as I have only just moved here and dont really know anyone with a four wheel drive and dont really want to go out by myself incase something should go wrong I was hoping there would be a few people inreseted in meeting up for a day cruize one will hopefully be on the 7/8th of July, still have to clarify dates with the old man who is flying over from Perth. The other one will be in August sometime when my mate fly's over will also have to confirm dates though but will also no doubt be on the weekend sometime. I live in Whittlsea so thought around the area's mentioned would be a good start but am open to any other spots that may be good for a day trip.

It is fairly quiet on the Forum today Mate. Somebody should be interested and reply in the next couple of Days.

healy
27th May 2012, 02:24 PM
yeah might be up for that

krbrooking
27th May 2012, 02:57 PM
I will let everyone interested of the exact dates as soon as I know them myself.

AB
27th May 2012, 03:29 PM
Hey mate, I'll keen for a day run up there. My neighbour in his GQ will be too, possibly Timbo on the forum in his GU and another bloke in a Disco.

Let us know the dates later on mate but we'll be keen for sure. Possible BBQ afterwards could be in order too I think!!!

krbrooking
10th June 2012, 09:05 AM
Here you go fellas meet the 7th July if ya all want, I have already contacted you AB via a P.M. Hopefully you are still up for it.
Looking forward to it mate. If anyone else is interested just yell out.

AB
14th June 2012, 05:28 PM
Hey mate, just changed the title of this thread.

We're having a little day trip up at Kinglake/Toolangi area on the 7th July folks so more than welcome to catch up for a day trip followed by a bbq at my place afterwards if you wish.

I'm only 15 minutes from that area heading back to Melbourne so don't be shy....

MEGOMONSTER
14th June 2012, 06:10 PM

We're having a little day trip up at Kinglake/Toolangi area on the 7th July folks so more than welcome to catch up for a day trip followed by a bbq at my place afterwards if you wish.

I'm only 15 minutes from that area heading back to Melbourne so don't be shy....

No lift, no lokkas, no winch, no tyres
Will I be able to get through

MEGOMONSTER
14th June 2012, 06:13 PM
Sorry just realized its a saturday

Sir Roofy
14th June 2012, 06:29 PM

what time, where do you want to meet, what to bring?

AB
14th June 2012, 06:53 PM
No lift, no lokkas, no winch, no tyres
Will I be able to get through

Yes mate, most of the hard parts you can go around easy. We have a lot of people with standard Patrol's who do fine.

You can then laugh at us when we get bogged and need a hand...LMAO

AB
14th June 2012, 06:56 PM
what time, where do you want to meet, what to bring?

Good question...

Let's meet at my place at 9:30am.

For those of you who haven't been to my house then PM me and I'll give you the address. It's at Christmas Hills which is only 5 minutes at the top of the hill from Yarra Glen township.

Aim for 9:30 then we can leave at 10am from my place, etc.

BBQ....Just bring some meat for yourselves and I'll organise the big salads, etc....

AB
14th June 2012, 06:58 PM
Just updated the first post to reflect times and meeting place...

MudRunnerTD
14th June 2012, 07:34 PM
I'd be all over this but the Desert is calling my name. Have a great day guys!

AB you got that shelter sorted yet mate???

big_fletch
14th June 2012, 07:36 PM
I will try to make it AB, and might see if i can bring Tur7le as well.. Cant confirm at this point yet though lol

AB
14th June 2012, 08:15 PM
I'd be all over this but the Desert is calling my name. Have a great day guys!

AB you got that shelter sorted yet mate???

Well umm....kind of...LMAO

The posts are notched, the gables have been made and cut to size...Just need to borrow my mates crane to put in place, battens, tin, walls, pavers, bar, seating, tables, etc...

Arrrr.....Who am I kidding, I'm miles off Dazz...LMAO

I've been busy mate, give me some slack!!!

AB
14th June 2012, 08:15 PM
I will try to make it AB, and might see if i can bring Tur7le as well.. Cant confirm at this point yet though lol

No probs mate, hope you can make it though and bring the Ninja Turtle for sure!!!!

healy
14th June 2012, 11:56 PM
Yeah I'm up for this for sure

AB
15th June 2012, 07:14 AM
Yeah I'm up for this for sure

Good stuff mate, look forward to seeing some new faces. Let's hope the weather holds out for us!!!

Sir Roofy
15th June 2012, 07:38 AM

hope you can make it fletch turtle and dont forget dan

TUR7LE
15th June 2012, 10:23 AM
hope you can make it fletch turtle and dont forget dan

Dan don't have a roadworthy 4x4 any more :(

AB
15th June 2012, 10:30 AM

Still jump in with Fletch Turtle....

Sir Roofy
15th June 2012, 10:33 AM

shore he,d love to come down have,nt you got room or even fletcha

TUR7LE
15th June 2012, 10:54 AM
Yer we got a few spare seats

Sir Roofy
15th June 2012, 10:56 AM
Yer we got a few spare seats

excellent just grab him and bring him along

healy
15th June 2012, 06:14 PM
Good stuff mate, look forward to seeing some new faces. Let's hope the weather holds out for us!!!
I like rain lol you gonna have those bags for the rear available??

krbrooking
24th June 2012, 08:48 PM
Sounds awsome fellas will definitely be up for this I am trying to convince the father inlaw to come and bring his pajero but he isnt quite into the whole 4wding thing, "always thought there was something wrong with him", have now been able to put my finger on it. Looking forward to it. Thanks heaps for setting all this up.

AB
24th June 2012, 09:51 PM
I like rain lol you gonna have those bags for the rear available??

Yes mate, they'll be here for sure.

Got the Gables up on the pergola today too but not a good chance of roofing to be installed by the 7th...LMAO....No rain please!!!

Timbo
25th June 2012, 12:15 PM
Looking forward to this fellas. Haven't been off road since Loveday.. unless you count being bogged on my own front lawn "off roading". Had to use 4WD to get off my lawn, lol!

I'll be bringing the Missus too! Give her a taste of 4WD'ing!

Oh and looking forward to using my new Redback Bag too!

Sir Roofy
26th June 2012, 06:21 PM
Is getting closer people
come on vic members get behind your forum
for a great day out and a barbie afterwards
heres your chance to meet other members to talk
about your rigs in person

MEGOMONSTER
26th June 2012, 07:34 PM
Still trying to get the Saturday off, Sunday would have been a better for me and I would have four other 4x4's come with me.
I am still a little hesitant as it will be my first 4wd experience but at the same time, I am really excited if I end up going. (AB) I got my mates long range handheld UHF radio and got my recovery kit and first aid kit too.
Who will be my mentor????LOL
AB has been a great help and I openly thank him for his time and effort.
Shit, I was hoping a mate of mine would come with me in his patrol (yet to become a member), I just found out that some donkey drove through his open front door folding it forward onto the front guard at the boat ramp this afternoon.

Sir Roofy
26th June 2012, 07:39 PM
Still trying to get the Saturday off, Sunday would have been a better for me and I would have four other 4x4's come with me.
I am still a little hesitant as it will be my first 4wd experience but at the same time, I am really excited if I end up going. (AB) I got my mates long range handheld UHF radio and got my recovery kit and first aid kit too.
Who will be my mentor????LOL
AB has been a great help and I openly thank him for his time and effort.
Shit, I was hoping a mate of mine would come with me in his patrol (yet to become a member), I just found out that some donkey drove through his open front door folding it forward onto the front guard at the boat ramp this afternoon.

dont be scared mate we help each other a team effort ,no pressure think the hole is to deep for you
go round it all in a days outing

AB
26th June 2012, 08:04 PM
Glad you got the handheld mate, as said on the PM thats all you need for the day mate.

I'm excited to show you around too and you'll learn a lot mate. Feel free to bring your mates too if they can make it.

You can all check out the new rustic pergola I'm building too. We can sit back after a good day out and talk bollocks of where the bar should be...LMAO

It will end up being the clubhouse for us to hang out and talk nonsense after our trips and I want to get some black and white photos done with old timber frames to hang on the walls too with an old pot belly, bar and fridges, stereo, etc...

A true Man Cave!!!!

Maxhead
26th June 2012, 08:14 PM
It will end up being the clubhouse for us to hang out and talk nonsense after our trips and I want to get some black and white jackets for our club

A true Man Cave!!!!

I love it men, just watch those rules against the bikers......

belzi82
26th June 2012, 08:57 PM
Mmmm trip sounds interesting, i may have to tag along to keep all u blokes in line, will let u know

Maxhead
26th June 2012, 09:01 PM
On ya Bel, make sure you keep them in line if you get up there!!!!

AB
26th June 2012, 10:04 PM
Mmmm trip sounds interesting, i may have to tag along to keep all u blokes in line, will let u know

Good stuff Belzi!!!

krbrooking
27th June 2012, 07:40 PM
I am so looking forward to this fellas it will be my first trip over here since being back from perth. "Fitted" my EGR blocker yesterday and it seem to have helped a bit, I can just notice it instead of struggling at 60/65kph up the hill into kinglake from whilttlesea I can now wind it out to nearly 70kph well that is at the steap parts with a bit of a run up at the base, what can I expect from a 2.8 though. I will also have two hand helds if anyone will need to borrow them for the day.

AB
27th June 2012, 09:52 PM
Good stuff mate, yeah thats a big hill going to Kinglake as well!

Bigrig
27th June 2012, 10:02 PM
Shaping to be a bottler trip for you!! Bloody good effort on the part of you Mexicans! lol

AB
29th June 2012, 05:07 PM
Looking forward to meeting some new faces for the forum too!

Well some good news. The Gazebo will be built but it wont have a roof, pavers or a bar... In fact it will just be 4 posts some gables and a few battens but hey...We can look at it anyway...LMAO

Sir Roofy
29th June 2012, 05:50 PM
Looking forward to meeting some new faces for the forum too!

Well some good news. The Gazebo will be built but it wont have a roof, pavers or a bar... In fact it will just be 4 posts some gables and a few battens but hey...We can look at it anyway...LMAO
good idea andy nick down to sams warehouse get an elcheapo tarp and drag over the top
then when you have finished with he tarp use it to keep your fire wood dry

AB
29th June 2012, 08:08 PM
good idea andy nick down to sams warehouse get an elcheapo tarp and drag over the top
then when you have finished with he tarp use it to keep your fire wood dry

I didn't realise how high these gables sit. Your going to laugh when you see it. Looks like an old rustic church...LMAO

MEGOMONSTER
29th June 2012, 08:10 PM
Church of Patrology

AB
29th June 2012, 08:16 PM
Church of Patrology

Prayers start at 8pm followed by the the initiation ceremony consisting of several tasks:

1. Leap of Faith (the blindfolded candidate has to jump from a height of about a foot)
2. Crossing the Desert (the candidate has to walk between to lines of Patrology, everyone paddles his rear end with a bat)
3. The Unblinking Eye (the candidate has to walk between to lines of Patrology, everyone paddles his rear end with a bat)
4. The Wreck of Hesperus (the candidate has to walk between to lines of Patrology, everyone paddles his rear end with a bat)
5. The Paddling of the Swollen Ass ..., with Paddles (speaks for itself).

MEGOMONSTER
29th June 2012, 09:32 PM
AMEN to that

Sir Roofy
29th June 2012, 10:14 PM
I didn't realise how high these gables sit. Your going to laugh when you see it. Looks like an old rustic church...LMAO

looking forward to it mate

AB
2nd July 2012, 08:14 PM
Great news Vics...Melbourne is sunny and a barmy 14 degrees for Saturday...LMAO

But we are in for a hell of a rain fall this week so prepare to have wet and slippery tracks...Love it!!!

Does anyone need to stay the night at my place? If you do then PM me...

Pergola is looking good for the sunshine as well...LMAO

belzi82
3rd July 2012, 10:57 AM
Prayers start at 8pm followed by the the initiation ceremony consisting of several tasks:

1. Leap of Faith (the blindfolded candidate has to jump from a height of about a foot)
2. Crossing the Desert (the candidate has to walk between to lines of Patrology, everyone paddles his rear end with a bat)
3. The Unblinking Eye (the candidate has to walk between to lines of Patrology, everyone paddles his rear end with a bat)
4. The Wreck of Hesperus (the candidate has to walk between to lines of Patrology, everyone paddles his rear end with a bat)
5. The Paddling of the Swollen Ass ..., with Paddles (speaks for itself).

Why are men obsessed with paddles???

Looking at the weather, my car is not suitable for muddy and slippery tracks. Will I be able to jump in with someone????

krbrooking
3rd July 2012, 01:33 PM
You are more than welcome to jump in with me belzi will you need to be picked up

threedogs
3rd July 2012, 01:37 PM
Yo BIG RIG whats your choice of beer, trying to figure out that Mexican bit

AB
3rd July 2012, 02:13 PM
Yo BIG RIG whats your choice of beer, trying to figure out that Mexican bit

Haven't you heard of that saying before. We're called mexicans...NSW people call us Mexicans as we are south of the border...lol

Queenslanders: Bananabenders
Victorians: Yarra-yabbies. Mexicans
Tasmanians: Taswegians, Tassies, Apple Islanders.
South Australians: Croweaters.
Western Australians: Sandgropers, Westralians.
NSW: Cockroaches
NT: Territorians.

healy
3rd July 2012, 03:42 PM
I've only got 31" MUDs am I gonna have to miss a lot of the fun on the tracks? I'll have 2or3 spare seats

AB
3rd July 2012, 05:12 PM
It'll be fine mate. Roofy runs 31's and does pretty much everything we do and is more than happy to go around the deeper parts, etc....

krbrooking
3rd July 2012, 08:11 PM
I am only running 31's as well fellas and they are only extreme at's, they arent even muddies. I believe if you are careful and aware of what you and you car are capable of you will be surprised as to where you can go.
P.S just let me know if you need picking up Belzi.
P.P.S I must be a sandgroping, mexican, saffa (south african).

Winnie
3rd July 2012, 08:22 PM
Damn I wish I could make it to this, I'll definitely be in for the next one fellas!

Sir Roofy
3rd July 2012, 08:27 PM
i am only running 31's as well fellas and they are only extreme at's, they arent even muddies. I believe if you are careful and aware of what you and you car are capable of you will be surprised as to where you can go.
P.s just let me know if you need picking up belzi.
P.p.s i must be a sandgroping, mexican, saffa (south african).

you,l be right mate unless its super sloppy should be fun

Sir Roofy
3rd July 2012, 08:28 PM
damn i wish i could make it to this, i'll definitely be in for the next one fellas!

gave you plenty of notice lol

Winnie
3rd July 2012, 08:29 PM
I only found out about it last week!

healy
3rd July 2012, 08:46 PM
So how many people/4b's so far? Me the wife and maybe a mate in one

krbrooking
3rd July 2012, 08:56 PM
I'm one + 1 with the old man [only one car].

Sir Roofy
3rd July 2012, 09:03 PM
i'm one + 1 with the old man [only one car].

ill be there you comming bel can jump in mine if you come over

AB
3rd July 2012, 09:20 PM
me + Timbo + Rossco and maybe my brother in a Gu Ute as well.

Possibly Fletcha and Turtle as well.

Sounding like 6-9 cars I think which is a perfect number. Sometimes when you have too many cars it can get difficult so I'm very happy with that number!

Can't wait folks, need to make sure we take plenty of videos and photos too. We always end up forgetting and not posting it on the forum...LMAO

belzi82
4th July 2012, 03:11 PM
You are more than welcome to jump in with me belzi will you need to be picked up

Thanks - I live about 15 mins from AB's so I am happy to meet at his place. Thanks for the offer tho!!

belzi82
4th July 2012, 03:12 PM
I am only running 31's as well fellas and they are only extreme at's, they arent even muddies. I believe if you are careful and aware of what you and you car are capable of you will be surprised as to where you can go.
P.S just let me know if you need picking up Belzi.
P.P.S I must be a sandgroping, mexican, saffa (south african).

Sorry internet has died at home, can't access forum on mobile atm, and have not been in the office much. I will meet you at AB's!!

belzi82
4th July 2012, 03:13 PM
I am coming mate, I will let you guys fight over who wants me in their cars. I will bring my handheld video and still camera and be the unoffical photographer!!

belzi82
4th July 2012, 03:14 PM
me + Timbo + Rossco and maybe my brother in a Gu Ute as well.

Possibly Fletcha and Turtle as well.

Sounding like 6-9 cars I think which is a perfect number. Sometimes when you have too many cars it can get difficult so I'm very happy with that number!

Can't wait folks, need to make sure we take plenty of videos and photos too. We always end up forgetting and not posting it on the forum...LMAO

I am happy to be the photographer - hehehe

AB
4th July 2012, 03:17 PM
I am happy to be the photographer - hehehe

Sounds good Belzi, looking forward to this one!!!

belzi82
4th July 2012, 03:18 PM
Sounds good Belzi, looking forward to this one!!!

Yeah me too, it;s great to be getting back to the forum. I have missed it!!

krbrooking
4th July 2012, 08:25 PM
You are going to be busy belzi being photgrapher and winch b#$%@.LOL

MEGOMONSTER
5th July 2012, 06:28 PM
I'm still trying to get Saturday off work to join in. However now the Misses is now getting on my back about taking the new GUrl out after watching the 4wd Action DVD at Levuka 4x4 park and said there's no way you're doing that. LMFAO

MEGOMONSTER
5th July 2012, 06:39 PM
How long does the trip go far or expected approximate finish time or when does the BBQ start to sizzle

krbrooking
5th July 2012, 08:18 PM
not long now ppl, I am so looking forward to this trip hope you are able to make it megomonster, see when I watch those dvds I explain to my misses that that is what our 4rby's are capable of "but there is no way I will be doing that extreme stuff" lol.

AB
5th July 2012, 08:49 PM
Not sure exact time but I hate getting back late and trying to organise everything in the dark. I think we should aim for 4-4:30pm back at camp to get everything organised.

Ok, please please please can someone remind me to do the Swap N Go for the gas bottles as I just ran out and would hate to get back and start to the BBQ....Click, click, click...lol

AB
5th July 2012, 08:55 PM
Weather's looking fabulous too guys and girls...Finally after a week of rain and freezing temps we have some barmy sun at 14 degrees...lol, no wind and sunshine all day!!!

healy
5th July 2012, 08:59 PM
Not sure exact time but I hate getting back late and trying to organise everything in the dark. I think we should aim for 4-4:30pm back at camp to get everything organised.

Ok, please please please can someone remind me to do the Swap N Go for the gas bottles as I just ran out and would hate to get back and start to the BBQ....Click, click, click...lol

hey mate swap n go the gas bottles

AB
5th July 2012, 09:08 PM
hey mate swap n go the gas bottles

Thanks for reminding me, I nearly forgot...lol

I mean in the morning when we drive out you nutter...I'll do a swap n go then and put it in the car...lol

healy
5th July 2012, 09:41 PM
i got a full bottle here i can bring it down if ya want

AB
5th July 2012, 09:59 PM
i got a full bottle here i can bring it down if ya want

All good mate, I need to get both bottles swapped...I just keep forgetting...lol

Sir Roofy
5th July 2012, 10:37 PM
I'm still trying to get Saturday off work to join in. However now the Misses is now getting on my back about taking the new GUrl out after watching the 4wd Action DVD at Levuka 4x4 park and said there's no way you're doing that. LMFAO

dont let m watch unless you take them out and show her your good side
then just ease her into it ah what the heck just bring her along she,l enjoy it

Sir Roofy
5th July 2012, 10:40 PM
All good mate, I need to get both bottles swapped...I just keep forgetting...lol

ANDY cant you pick them up tomorrow friday you dont want them bounceing around while your in the bush

AB
6th July 2012, 06:55 AM
Thats what I'm planning to do now Roofy....I'll take them to work today.

Sir Roofy
6th July 2012, 10:22 AM
andy dont forget to SWAP AND GO

AB
6th July 2012, 11:16 AM
I forgot to bring it to work...LMAO!!!

I'll do it tonight..lol

Sir Roofy
6th July 2012, 01:27 PM
ok will check in at 6

healy
6th July 2012, 03:31 PM
I reminded you last night mate come on get it together lol

healy
6th July 2012, 03:33 PM
Staying at the balgownie estate tonight to cut the morning drive down is there a servo near your place ab?

AB
6th July 2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah mate in Yarra Glen right near Eltham/Yarra Glen Road on the way to my house (Ampol)....5 mins from my place.

Or the United another 1 minute down from Ampol too..

MEGOMONSTER
6th July 2012, 04:42 PM
Don't forget the gas bootlegs

MEGOMONSTER
6th July 2012, 04:43 PM
Bottles not bootlegs

belzi82
6th July 2012, 05:08 PM
Bottles not bootlegs

Is Bootlegs, Andy's new nickname???

healy
6th July 2012, 05:39 PM
Just did a local drive of the area staying 9k from ya tonight ab don't get to excited having a feed at the yarra glen

Sir Roofy
6th July 2012, 06:13 PM
ANDY mate did you remember

Maxhead
6th July 2012, 06:14 PM
Have a good trip boys and girls, travel safe and we want pics pics pics

Sir Roofy
6th July 2012, 06:27 PM
Have a good trip boys and girls, travel safe and we want pics pics pics

see how we go mate got the cam ready BEL,S got the cam and camera should get something for ya
you travel safe with your lot and hope to see you at the meet up in scottyland
and forget we likepiccies to

Sir Roofy
6th July 2012, 06:28 PM
ANDY mate did you remember

bump this up for ya mate

Maxhead
6th July 2012, 06:40 PM
see how we go mate got the cam ready BEL,S got the cam and camera should get something for ya
you travel safe with your lot and hope to see you at the meet up in scottyland
and forget we likepiccies to

Cheers Roofy, will do mate. It should be a great meet up up at Scottys backyard.

big_fletch
6th July 2012, 07:16 PM
Unfortunatly Myself and turtle wont be able to make it, as we now have to go to ballart. Have a good trip everyone and take loads of pics for us

Fletcha

Sir Roofy
6th July 2012, 07:22 PM
Unfortunatly Myself and turtle wont be able to make it, as we now have to go to ballart. Have a good trip everyone and take loads of pics for us

Fletcha

sorry to hear that chris was looking forward to another catch up
ah well see you two next time were in shep

AB
6th July 2012, 09:23 PM
You should of stayed at my place tonight mate!!!

Sorry you can't make it fletch!!!

Good news just got back from getting the bottles...lol

Winnie
6th July 2012, 09:40 PM
Hey Andy better swap the bott...

MEGOMONSTER
6th July 2012, 10:22 PM
Good news boys, I got tomorrow off and I'm coming for my first trip and for my GUrl.
Really excited and nervous at the same time.

AB
7th July 2012, 07:38 AM
You'll be right mate, seeyas in a couple of hours!!!

Blue skies and sun is rising lads, wake up!!!!!!!

MEGOMONSTER
7th July 2012, 08:19 PM
Here are some photos of today's trip out on the tracks.
Driving to our first destination
Then we hit gravel
Then the sun came out
We found some slippery muddy narrow tracks, with me pulled over to let every pass and then turn back again.
this was the slippery slope to enter the track(which I didn't make the first up)
AB then found us a small puddle to cross
Which he attempted
after a cigarette
Slowly dipped his toes in
Had some momentum going
Pushed through a little further
And further again
Found a little deep spot
Still pushed on
Nearing the end got a little deeper again
Just about got to the end 17535
And found a steep exit 17536
So he climbed
And that's where he stopped
And reversed all the way back out and took the easy way around.
So Rossco had crack with real finesse
Second vehicle stuck in the same possie
But didn't let this small puddle get the better of him and winched himself out

Thanks to everyone who came out and helped. I enjoyed myself immensely and can't wait to do it again.

Maxhead
7th July 2012, 08:25 PM
Bloody sensational ...pic 13 is it wat a top shot

MEGOMONSTER
7th July 2012, 10:26 PM
I agree it's a great shot

healy
7th July 2012, 11:40 PM
it was a good day

AB
8th July 2012, 09:09 AM
Good photos mate and great to meet some new faces too!

Ripper day out, loved it!!!

That was bloody deep and the end was just too steep, hung up on the ledge and couldn't get momentum otherwise you would start floating....Time to clean the carpet out now...LMAO...Again!!!

krbrooking
8th July 2012, 09:10 AM
The photos just don't do it justice though it is so much better watching it standing next to the puddle with the risk of getting wet. Will post some pics and vids at the next poss time

krbrooking
8th July 2012, 09:12 AM
Forgot to get that sticker off ya ab

AB
8th July 2012, 09:13 AM
Forgot to get that sticker off ya ab

Arr bugger....All good mate, next time hey!

Sir Roofy
8th July 2012, 10:37 AM
turn the heater off

Sir Roofy
8th July 2012, 10:50 AM
we had a good day out on the tracks,nice to meet some new ppl on this trip,glad to see timbo and partner back on the scene really nice to see 3 ladys
on this trip would be good to mix it up some more though
the church of patrology is looking good wonder if it will be ready for xmas lol well done Andy it will be a credit to you
Mick hope you enjoyed your self youve got a great day to clean that rig of yours up
Hopeing to see more on our next outing in the near future and more new ppl

MEGOMONSTER
8th July 2012, 03:22 PM
Maybe should of left it dirty cos I think I know why there are no black 4wdrivers.
The whole left side scratched up pretty well and must of hit something with the left side rear bumper

Sir Roofy
8th July 2012, 05:20 PM
maybe should of left it dirty cos i think i know why there are no black 4wdrivers.
The whole left side scratched up pretty well and must of hit something with the left side rear bumper

welcome to 4x4 driving mate 1battle scar and bushpin stipeing
now to find a track to even up the other side ----lol

MEGOMONSTER
8th July 2012, 08:11 PM
Thanx Roofy, I'll attempt the same track in reverse next time.

AB how's the carpet drying business going

AB
8th July 2012, 09:44 PM
Thanx Roofy, I'll attempt the same track in reverse next time.

AB how's the carpet drying business going

It's a PITA mate. Spent a few hours today with the heater...lol

Found a lot of water in the airbox too. It was worth it though...haha. Good fun!!!

krbrooking
8th July 2012, 10:17 PM
Glad to hear the carpet is drying out might have to check those clips or seals on the air box ab. Shouldn't really get water in your air box with a snorkel. Sorry to hear about the unexpected bush pinstriping megomonster what did the other half say about that or did you just get some of her black nail polish and hide it before she noticed

MEGOMONSTER
8th July 2012, 10:25 PM
It's really not that bad I guess, on any other color you wouldn't see it at all

Rossco
8th July 2012, 10:39 PM
Bloody Oath! . .

It was a good day- good to meet some new faces, especially locals and enjoy a good play in the mud!

This is the first hill climb which was a bit of a slipery dip.

Anthonys trusty GQ at the bottom

Andy having a crack at the bog hole challenge.

I wonder where that water came from AB . . . .

This was the "Sensible Way" aparently.

Who invited a Disco? . . .

Going back up hill on Wee Track.

No Go Disco.

Nice view from the top. No winching required in the trusty GQ. . . . this time! LOL

Then back to AB's for a wicked Barbie.:smiley_thumbs_up:

Cheers to everone for a fun day, it was good to catch up and meet a few newbies.

Timbo
8th July 2012, 10:53 PM
Top day everyone! Was buggered when I got home then had to front up to a 30th afterwards. So now I'm really tired!

Spoke to a bloke at the servo near Toolangi while I was pumping up the tires. He said a Landcruiser blew a diff trying to go through a boghole.

On the way home, I see a grey Landcruiser being pulled up onto a tow truck at the Marginal road intersection. Bad day for him!

krbrooking
9th July 2012, 10:42 AM
Poor bugger should have bought a troll will hopefully get some pics and the vid up tonight if not in the next couple. How the exhaust hunging in timbo. What's the smell like in the car at the moment ab.

Winnie
9th July 2012, 10:47 AM
Looks like I missed out! I'll be along for the next one though

Tappa tappa

Bloodyaussie
9th July 2012, 10:56 AM
Yeah sorry I could not meet up with you guys I had brief communication with someone from the forum but could not get enough detail as to your location.
We spent 3 days up there and had a ball, will write about it later.

MEGOMONSTER
9th July 2012, 09:41 PM
Video of Rossco attempting big hole on our recent trip
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hp_WvAZJFXw

Fixed up the link for you mate...AB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp_WvAZJFXw

Rossco
10th July 2012, 12:36 AM
Vid of AB having a crack at the bog hole. . . . Can't say that he did't give it a good shot, it was heaps deeper that day and just couldn't get over the hump at the end. Good Fun But!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VnaDkqSKNvg

AB
10th July 2012, 08:43 AM
Damn hump....LMAO....Good fun though!!!

growler2058
10th July 2012, 09:12 AM
Can't say ya didn't have a red hot crack at it Andy ;-)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?v2dcyw
Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

Flo-w
10th July 2012, 10:01 AM
Bugger I missed out. :(

Winnie
10th July 2012, 10:04 AM
So guys, when is the next meet???:D:smiley_thumbs_up:

SammiGQ
10th July 2012, 04:05 PM
Think I'll be in the next one too :animierte-smilies-t

healy
10th July 2012, 06:40 PM
Yeah I'm up for it again it was a good day

AB
10th July 2012, 06:47 PM
When the smell of wet dog clears from my car...LMAO

Always up for another one!!!

Winnie
10th July 2012, 07:05 PM
We should have a nissanpatrol camping trip through the high country some time... maybe during the warmer months lmao.
I'd just be keen to get out anywhere though!

AB
10th July 2012, 07:09 PM
We should have a nissanpatrol camping trip through the high country some time... maybe during the warmer months lmao.
I'd just be keen to get out anywhere though!

I'm a 100% keen for High Country missions when the weather gets better too.

Even just a gathering on the Murray too will be fun.

Weekend meet ups like we just did too!

Winnie
10th July 2012, 07:14 PM
Yeah I don't know any good fourby locations other than a couple of local areas here, so it would be good to get out more and see what's around!

Sir Roofy
10th July 2012, 09:43 PM
http://youtu.be/MS_1BeXamR0

couple more to follow

threedogs
10th July 2012, 10:11 PM
When weather warmer and tracks open hows this. Base camp at Sheepyard Flats, Craigs hut the back way, great trip, gets your pucker button going

Sir Roofy
11th July 2012, 09:07 AM
http://youtu.be/MS_1BeXamR0

couple more to follow

http://youtu.be/FmyXx6Nu9UA

Sir Roofy
11th July 2012, 09:10 AM
http://youtu.be/FmyXx6Nu9UA

http://youtu.be/Bz803Y4J_Cs

4x4rookie
15th July 2012, 10:26 PM
hey guys I'm shattered i missed this trip. Would love to tag along and hopefully learn a few things on the next one. Cheers

Sir Roofy
16th July 2012, 04:05 PM
might be one comming up in the future

Tobes
18th July 2012, 12:07 PM
Hi guys, as 4x4Rookie said... shattered! I didn't even see it in the forum. I would love to tag along next time

belzi82
18th July 2012, 01:30 PM
HI guys, I have finished editting the video - had trouble with the program on the laptop but all fixed and finally transferred to the desktop with internet, will upload to youtube either tonight or tomorrow night

krbrooking
18th July 2012, 07:58 PM
Sorry have not posted any pics yet ppl have just upgraded to a apple mac from a normal pc and for the life of me cant figure out how to resize the pics so they will fit on the page, it seems a bit late as there is that many up here now I will only be duplicating the pics. Hopefully Brooks [my dad] will get the video onto youtube soon and chuck it up.

healy
18th July 2012, 08:10 PM
Sorry have not posted any pics yet ppl have just upgraded to a apple mac from a normal pc and for the life of me cant figure out how to resize the pics so they will fit on the page, it seems a bit late as there is that many up here now I will only be duplicating the pics. Hopefully Brooks [my dad] will get the video onto youtube soon and chuck it up.

put them up when ya can anyways mate

krbrooking
18th July 2012, 08:14 PM
will make sure to chuck that small vid of you coming down that drop at the end there man.

healy
18th July 2012, 08:20 PM
cheers mate

greeny_gu_ute
18th July 2012, 09:12 PM
mmm would of been a good chance to meet and greet to bad i was away up on another trip next time for sure work permitting.

AB
18th July 2012, 10:17 PM
Now you all pop up...haha. For sure guys we'll organise another one soon indeed!!

Loads of places to go around this area and we'll do another BBQ and fire back at my place if needed, no stress at all!

My Patrol needs a bit of love for a week or so as its been treated like a bag of %^*^&( lately...lol

Winnie
18th July 2012, 10:28 PM
Wait a month or so until I have my new bar!! haha

healy
23rd July 2012, 08:45 PM
should make one for early september or mid october and i'll be keen on that

AB
23rd July 2012, 08:46 PM
September sounds good to me. Should have the man cave built by then too...LMAO

healy
23rd July 2012, 09:55 PM
early september and ill be in then going on a cruise at the end of that month thanks to the tax man for our honeymoon so we should set a date and some of you vics who missed out can get on it this time

Winnie
23rd July 2012, 10:22 PM
September sounds good to me. Should have the man cave built by then too...LMAO

Sounds shit hot!

healy
23rd July 2012, 11:17 PM
The man cave was alright how it is lol little chillie tho

krbrooking
10th August 2012, 05:45 PM
http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j321/kevmate1/
I have finnally done them pics ppl let me know if the link does not work as I am unsure if I did it write.

AB
10th August 2012, 07:27 PM
Worked a treat mate, jeesh you took your time..lol

Sir Roofy
10th August 2012, 08:25 PM
I have finnally done them pics ppl let me know if the link does not work as I am unsure if I did it write.

thought you had forgot about the trip
thanks for sharing

MEGOMONSTER
13th August 2012, 09:50 PM

At least you got a photo with my 4by

krbrooking
14th August 2012, 08:37 PM
sorry fellas I know some things take a while for me to do I dont get much time to jump on the computer and when I do it takes me even longer to figure out how to do things like uploading photos and things of the like. My dad [brooks] is still trying to figure out how to edit the vid as there is heaps of other stuff on the tape, maybe some time next year between the both of us we might figure that out. LOL!

Winnie
14th August 2012, 08:45 PM
So come on guys when is the next trip? LMAO all in good time..

AB
14th August 2012, 09:07 PM
So come on guys when is the next trip? LMAO all in good time..

I'm happy to go anytime but...

I just put the front lokka on today so I need 1000km's racked up to wear the bearings in and thats a long time for me in 2wd...LMAO

I'm super keen for a meet up and I'll just jump in someones car and drink lemonade...LOL

Winnie
14th August 2012, 09:14 PM
Any time after Monday is good for me, I'll be able to show off my new winch bar :D :D

Bloodyaussie
14th August 2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah my 40th this Saturday and all i want to do is go 4wding but it is not to be, boo hoo!!!

healy
14th August 2012, 09:52 PM
Organize a day fellas Andy I'm in the same boat with the 1000ks just got over the 200ks today after a week can't wait to test the lokka and 35s someone make a day and time and not the Saturday of the 4x4 show lol

big_fletch
14th August 2012, 10:53 PM
Getting my Lokka installed soon so i will also be interested in a meet up.. Tur7le is also keen seeing as we missed the last one, my 4wd lever is getting abit rusty hahahaha

krbrooking
15th August 2012, 09:28 PM
Hey Healy when and where is the 4x4 show.

Winnie
15th August 2012, 09:32 PM
Melbourne showgrounds next weekend from Friday to Sunday!

Tappa tappa

healy
15th August 2012, 09:35 PM
Weekend of the 25th this month and it's at the royal Melbourne show grounds

AB
15th August 2012, 09:45 PM
Melbourne showgrounds next weekend from Friday to Sunday!

Tappa tappa

Time flies, didnt know it was only next weekend.

I'll work out a time and place for the meet up on the Saturday at the show.

Something like 1pm at a well known landmark would be good.

krbrooking
19th August 2012, 08:01 PM
Time flies, didnt know it was only next weekend.

I'll work out a time and place for the meet up on the Saturday at the show.

Something like 1pm at a well known landmark would be good.
Sounds good man just let us know when you have sorted out the details.

MEGOMONSTER
21st March 2015, 07:14 AM
Video of Rossco attempting big hole on our recent trip http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hp_WvAZJFXw Fixed up the link for you mate...AB YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp_WvAZJFXw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp_WvAZJFXw)
Was this the Don't go track.
What is this track called.
I'm pretty sure they did this track on the recent 4wd action DVD.
First thing Natalie said was " Don't tell me you that when you went. ". Lol

Any chance of the names of most of the tracks we done out there.
In both Kinglake and Toolangi.
And what the the turn offs were from the black top.

AB
21st March 2015, 08:11 AM

Not much help track. That track is no good!!!

AB
21st March 2015, 08:12 AM

Head up marginal road and take your pick mate.

Wee track is a good easy fun climb

mudski
21st March 2015, 02:06 PM
The turn off just before Devlins bridge is the road into where the camp grounds are, and one end of Marginal rd... If it helps. Or the other end of Marginal road is on the right, north of the Kinglake turn off on the Melba hwy. Somewhere....

MEGOMONSTER
21st March 2015, 02:23 PM
Head up marginal road and take your pick mate. Wee track is a good easy fun climb
Is the turn off at Eucalyptus road/track off the highway to Kinglake side.