PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit in a Slow Cooker/Camp Oven

Woof
26th May 2012, 08:59 PM
This is brilliant, have only tried it at home in the slow cooker but should be just a good in the camp oven.
http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Slow-Cooker-Rabbit-L8012.html

DX grunt
26th May 2012, 09:01 PM
Sounds like it might be yummie in my Cobb, too.

Woof
27th May 2012, 10:44 PM
Well I put it on this morning before work and got home and it was done, just added some lentills and some peas and did the taste test..........another success, bloody beautiful..

oncedisturbed
27th May 2012, 10:45 PM
i am not much of a bunny man anymore after few rotten one's when i was younger but happy to give most things a crack. I had a look at the rest of the site through the link and found some pretty cool ones to try out

Woof
27th May 2012, 11:16 PM
i am not much of a bunny man anymore after few rotten one's when i was younger but happy to give most things a crack. I had a look at the rest of the site through the link and found some pretty cool ones to try out

You need to get some fresh ones, I get mine from Spearwood butchers which they get fresh from Baldivis............................or you can get one from your local pet shop, the ones with the big floppy ears are great...lol

oncedisturbed
28th May 2012, 12:01 AM
lololollololololol - thumper stew

gmoneeeee
14th June 2013, 05:47 PM
Got to love a quality slow cooked meal.

Cuppa
14th June 2013, 06:12 PM
You need to get some fresh ones, I get mine from Spearwood butchers which they get fresh from Baldivis............................or you can get one from your local pet shop, the ones with the big floppy ears are great...lol

Ours are so fresh they still run away from you! Plenty of the little blighters too.

threedogs
14th June 2013, 06:16 PM
Its "un Australian" not to at least try one Bunny stew in your life, IMO

kool-lights
14th June 2013, 06:30 PM
Is it a "bucket list" thing?

sent from one of those mobile thingies

threedogs
14th June 2013, 06:36 PM
Years ago it was the norm to have roast bunny for a meal, but since the virus its popularity dropped off.
Can't beat roast bunny wrapped in bacon,, I get meat sweats thinking about it Hmmm bunny

P4trol
14th June 2013, 07:23 PM
Just remember if you can catch them on foot... Maybe they are a little sick!

Cuppa
14th June 2013, 07:29 PM
Bunnies almost killed me when I was a teenager!

I was riding pillion on a vespa scooter, chasing across paddocks at night time, chasing rabbits & waving a 4.10 shottie at them. Mate didn't see the ditch. We went down heavily & the old hammer type gun let rip. Dangerous things them bunnies!

Cuppa

wildgu6
14th June 2013, 07:37 PM

Or get em fresh

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

oncedisturbed
14th June 2013, 07:54 PM
Did a couple in alfoil stuffed with onion garlic and herbs on the coals drizzled with a type of lemon butter, was soooo good. Have bee told I have to go down and shoot a few more now lol

Tap, Tap, Taparoo

mudnut
14th June 2013, 07:58 PM
Roasted bunny, stuffed with onion, bacon and rice and a touch of mixed herbs. Followed by a great big mulberry pie with cream and ice cream.

macca
14th June 2013, 08:13 PM
Used to really enjoy eating the rabbits we shot, can not stand the smell of the little buggers when gutting them.

Winnie
14th June 2013, 08:39 PM
This thread is making me drool.

growler2058
14th June 2013, 08:59 PM
Its "un Australian" not to at least try one Bunny stew in your life, IMO

UnAustralian not to roll as many of the buggers as possible.

My Ol Auntie used to make bunnie taste better than Kentucky fried chicken (the original stuff not this KFC try hard Kentucky chook)

growler2058
14th June 2013, 09:02 PM
Used to really enjoy eating the rabbits we shot, can not stand the smell of the little buggers when gutting them.

Hahahahahaha
When I was a kid same hated the smell.
Now strange story. When I was a kid 13-14 I rekon the old man had a pair of pliers the rubber grips kept falling off and there was some sticky shit on the handles that smelt like rabbit guts. Hated using those pliers kosa the stink hahahahahahahah

macca
14th June 2013, 09:32 PM
Hahahahahaha
When I was a kid same hated the smell.
Now strange story. When I was a kid 13-14 I rekon the old man had a pair of pliers the rubber grips kept falling off and there was some sticky shit on the handles that smelt like rabbit guts. Hated using those pliers kosa the stink hahahahahahahah

I can relate to that...... hahahahhaha

The BigFella
15th June 2013, 06:46 AM
In my early teens I often sold dressed bunnies to our local butcher. Always made me stand an inch taller when I'd visit his shop for some meat for mum and sitting in the glass cabinet were "my" bunnies. Ahhh, those were the days,,,,,,,,,,

Woof
15th June 2013, 07:57 PM
When I was 15 and working at the local abattoirs my mate and I used to take the odd sicky and go bunny shooting, we then drove back to town (yes unlicensed drivers) to one of the local pubs and sold the bunnies.