PDA

View Full Version : Tubless OR tube tyre

Toha
23rd May 2012, 11:16 PM
Hi Can anyone tell me which tyre is give better performance. tubless tyre or just with tube ..
regards
Toha

Silver
23rd May 2012, 11:31 PM
being used for what, Toha?

I think the main reason people go for tubes and split rims is easier to reseat the bead when out and about.

Tubeless types would argue to use a rope patch for temp repair, or a mushroom patch and one of the bead seating techniques for a permanent repair.

Less heat with tubeless.

Usually more balance issues with split rims, and less tyre profile choices.

Some people say that tubes help keep the bead on the rim at lower pressures - I don't have the experience to back this up.

Apparently one can't use tube type tyres tubeless. According to a tyre dealer, who pointed out that marking on the tyre, it is because the tube type tyre is not as well sealed against air under pressure on the inside. No tube in a tube type tyre according to him increased the risk of tyre failure.

DX grunt
23rd May 2012, 11:44 PM
I have tubes and split rims and have been advised not to go below 20psi. It costs me about $50-$55 dollars every time a tube gets changed. Changing a split rim is dangerous unless you know exactly what you're doing.

I've had 2 x tube replacements, because I think sand has got in and rubbed against the tyre wall when I've let the pressure down. Either that, or cheap tubes. I won't be getting split rims again. I'm saving up for some sunnies.

Rossco

Toha
24th May 2012, 12:51 AM
Thanks silver :)

I think the main reason people go for tubes and split rims is easier to reseat the bead when out and about.

Tubeless types would argue to use a rope patch for temp repair, or a mushroom patch and one of the bead seating techniques for a permanent repair.

Less heat with tubeless.

Some people say that tubes help keep the bead on the rim at lower pressures - I don't have the experience to back this up.

Apparently one can't use tube type tyres tubeless. According to a tyre dealer, who pointed out that marking on the tyre, it is because the tube type tyre is not as well sealed against air under pressure on the inside. No tube in a tube type tyre according to him increased the risk of tyre failure.

Toha
24th May 2012, 12:58 AM
I have nissanpatrol y60 .. and my rims are steel 15x7 .. so just wondering which 1 give better perfprmance tublees or tube type . thanks

Less heat with tubeless.

Silver
24th May 2012, 01:32 AM
So, not split rims. I'd go tubeless.