PDA

View Full Version : Jurien Bay/Sandy Cape

GreenGQ
23rd May 2012, 04:41 PM
Heading off to Jurien tomorrow morning and wondering where to camp for free on the beach, and if possible directions on how to get there from Jurien (google maps?)

Cheers :D

oncedisturbed
23rd May 2012, 06:13 PM
The shire of dandarragan have no free camping areas and year wide fire bans, caravan parks is all there is "legally"

GreenGQ
23rd May 2012, 07:51 PM
Anybody know anywhere else up there that I can have a camp fire and not get hassled by the ranger?

oncedisturbed
24th May 2012, 01:22 PM
Not to my knowledge, will have a hunt around and see what I can find

the evil twin
24th May 2012, 04:26 PM
Anybody know anywhere else up there that I can have a camp fire and not get hassled by the ranger?

Unless you are on private land you may well get hassled and as prev mentioned AFAIK fires are prohibited without a permit.

Why not camp at Sandy Cape?... I quite like the spot actually... costs a couple of bucks but plenty of tracks to explore and good fishing most times
http://www.dandaragan.wa.gov.au/health_building_townplanning_ranger/rangerservices/camping_information.html

Cuppa
4th June 2012, 11:19 PM
Dandaragan shire is probably Australia's most unfriendly to free campers. They have active rangers who patrol, I was informed they work in conjunction with the caravan parks.

oncedisturbed
4th June 2012, 11:57 PM
Dandaragan shire is probably Australia's most unfriendly to free campers. They have active rangers who patrol, I was informed they work in conjunction with the caravan parks.

Insider trading or whatever yah call it..lol