PDA

View Full Version : Redback 4x4 Accessories - Tough vinyl spare wheel bags

Pages : 1 [2]

Maxhead
25th July 2014, 09:40 PM
OK, now that I have gone back to 33s, from 35s with the spare on the roof rack, where do people like me contact the manufacturer to purchase one of these......................maybe I have my wrong glasses on but I cannot find it anywhere here

Hahaha, try the first page or http://redback4x4.com/

AB
25th July 2014, 09:41 PM
OK, now that I have gone back to 33s, from 35s with the spare on the roof rack, where do people like me contact the manufacturer to purchase one of these......................maybe I have my wrong glasses on but I cannot find it anywhere here

Don't you start sunshine, everyone had forgotten about that!!!!

Maxhead
25th July 2014, 09:50 PM
Hmm, I mist have missed something here:confused:...but not much is making sense at the moment :)

Clunk
25th July 2014, 10:06 PM
Don't you start sunshine, everyone had forgotten about that!!!!

Over got Buckley's hence of that ever happening me ol' mucka!!!!!!!!!

Now chop chop get to it ;)

Woof
25th July 2014, 10:25 PM
Hmm, I mist have missed something here:confused:...but not much is making sense at the moment :)

I'm confused as well Kris, AB have you posted in the wrong thread mate?????

everz
10th October 2014, 01:10 PM
Was just checking out the site I'm looking for a good bag, What's the go with the "tough bag" coming soon?
How soon are we talking mate?

Thanks

AB
10th October 2014, 01:20 PM
Was just checking out the site I'm looking for a good bag, What's the go with the "tough bag" coming soon?

Thanks

I probably should update that page..lol

Yeah the bags are on hold unfortunately mate.

Shut up everybody!

Clunk
10th October 2014, 01:26 PM
I probably should update that page..lol

Yeah the bags are on hold unfortunately mate.

Shut up everybody!

Yeah everyone just shut up about the REDBACK ROOFTOP BAGS, stop harassing poor AB about the REDBACK ROOFTOP BAGS, don't you think he's got enough to do without everybody going on about the REDBACK ROOFTOP BAGS!!!!!!!!! :D

Bloodyaussie
10th October 2014, 01:43 PM
I would'nt dare to hassle Andy about the REDBACK ROOFTOP BAGS

TPC
10th October 2014, 02:35 PM
Andy, if you are not going to proceed with the REDBACK ROOFTOP BAGS can I keep the prototype?

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50177&stc=1

AB
10th October 2014, 03:31 PM
Andy, if you are not going to proceed with the REDBACK ROOFTOP BAGS can I keep the prototype?

Of course you can fancy pants....

krbrooking
10th October 2014, 03:38 PM
What's this about some roof top bags, they would really be handy when out and about. How can I get my hands on one of them.

megatexture
10th October 2014, 08:25 PM
What's this about some roof top bags, they would really be handy when out and about. How can I get my hands on one of them.

You have 3 options, Be extremely patient, Buy a needle and thread or shop around.
I've been trying the first option, option 2 ... I don't have a manjina so I may have to start shopping around lol :animierte-smilies-f

AB
10th October 2014, 08:34 PM
The honest situation to this is I have to fly over and show someone in person exactly how I want it.

I need to be there for at least 3 days. It goes like this...

I show them, they make it, it's wrong, I show mistakes.

They make again, it's almost correct but they used different zips and threads from my original explanation because they couldn't be bothered walking down stairs to replenish their stock.

They make again, it's correct but upside down.

I have a qc person on the floor that we pay ourselves as our employee. I need to properly make the product myself in front of him and the workers and put our employee in charge of qc based on final correct sample.

Clunk
10th October 2014, 08:48 PM
The honest situation to this is I have to fly over and show someone in person exactly how I want it.

They make again, it's almost correct but they used different zips and threads from my original explanation because they couldn't be bothered walking down stairs to replenish their stock.

I have a qc person on the floor that we pay ourselves as our employee. I need to properly make the product myself in front of him and the workers and put our employee in charge of qc based on final correct sample.

And your point is........................

Don't worry about it, we've waited this long, I'm sure another couple of years or so won't make any difference...... Besides we enjoy giving you a hard time ;):D
Bwahahahaha

mudski
10th October 2014, 11:40 PM

Thanks
Hey!? Theres a tougher version in the pipeline?

mudski
10th October 2014, 11:49 PM

Yep. I know how it goes. It baffles me how, they are not very bright they are sometimes.
I have just gone through the same with these promised LED GQ rear light assemblies. But it was all via email, photos and samples. I am at a loss on any other way to do it other than flying over their myself and showing them. I have already spent too much money on it...Sometimes it feels like I am trying to teach my daughter how to eat again. I have to spoon feed these people.

NissanGQ4.2
11th October 2014, 07:43 AM
It goes like this...

That's what happens when you outsource Aussie work overseas, pay peanuts you get monkeys

AB
11th October 2014, 08:10 AM
That's what happens when you outsource Aussie work overseas, pay peanuts you get monkeys

First off our employee is paid 50k a year and is highly skilled so hardly a monkey and hardly paid peanuts.

Secondly, our business sources parts from all over the world and we have tried our best to keep it in Australia but quite simply the quality of labour and product is actually non existent in Australia.

Thirdly, we have spent the last 12 months trying to bring portions of work back home (using same quality and labour) and after pricing it up, our cost price is higher then that of retail price in Australia.

I'm all for waving the old Aussie flag mate but unless the industry changes as a whole if we bring the business home we will have no business, no money, no home sooo.....

growler2058
11th October 2014, 08:12 AM
First off our employee is paid 50k a year and is highly skilled so hardly a monkey and hardly paid peanuts.

Secondly, our business sources parts from all over the world and we have tried our best to keep it in Australia but quite simply the quality of labour and product is actually non existent in Australia.

Thirdly, we have spent the last 12 months trying to bring portions of work back home (using same quality and labour) and after pricing it up, our cost price is higher then that of retail price in Australia.

I'm all for waving the old Aussie flag mate but unless the industry changes as a whole if we bring the business home we will have no business, no money, no home sooo.....

Sooooo how are the roof top bags coming on ;)

NissanGQ4.2
11th October 2014, 08:52 AM

Your QC may not be getting paid peanuts but I'm sure the people doing the actual work are getting paid peanuts.

Not knocking your product mate or where you get it done, your choice and understand your in it to make money.

Just a shame it is cheaper to outsource work oversees, and I doubt the industry will never change when we have overpaid monkeys running the country.

Edit: Andy is that 50g before or after tax? And how much would you pay a person here 2 do the same job?

AB
11th October 2014, 03:55 PM
Before tax mate, it's a good wage for him but he's also a mechanical engineer which is a huge bonus.

Believe it or not the workers get paid ok for their expenses. They live there and get fed and have a lot more holidays then we do, probably double.

It's just the communication breakdown. You need to be there and show them, make a prototype and then just follow that.

Drewboyaus
11th October 2014, 05:23 PM
I doubt the industry will never change when we have overpaid monkeys running the country.

I would argue we don't pay them enough......that is why we have shit leaders (in general).

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hodge
11th October 2014, 08:17 PM
A bloke at ARB asked me if the bag on the patrol is the tough bag???? He said the website says, coming soon. I told him these have been out for ages, and he loved what he seen so he may buy one. But whats these tough bags mate??? Spare wheel bag upgrade or roof bags?

AB
11th October 2014, 08:44 PM
A bloke at ARB asked me if the bag on the patrol is the tough bag???? He said the website says, coming soon. I told him these have been out for ages, and he loved what he seen so he may buy one. But whats these tough bags mate??? Spare wheel bag upgrade or roof bags?

Nah the tough bag was just a simple carry bag using the same vinyl with a double zip system on top of bag, pouches and loops on inner sides for tools and shackles and hard base to hold weighted objects such as straps and assortments.

Life just got in the way of my dreams mate, new born baby and funds to fly over damn it!!!!

TPC
11th October 2014, 09:27 PM
I would argue we don't pay them enough......that is why we have shit leaders (in general).

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
That is what i have always thought, the really smart guys can make far more money outside of politics.

Avo
11th October 2014, 10:18 PM
Before tax mate, it's a good wage for him but he's also a mechanical engineer which is a huge bonus.

Believe it or not the workers get paid ok for their expenses. They live there and get fed and have a lot more holidays then we do, probably double.

It's just the communication breakdown. You need to be there and show them, make a prototype and then just follow that.

should try hiring backpackers mate......I'm not going grey from 4 daughters,we just hire 12 backpackers a year...

Avo
11th October 2014, 10:19 PM
Oh and yeah,what happened to that HAT thread,need a new cap

TPC
11th October 2014, 10:59 PM
Oh and yeah,what happened to that HAT thread,need a new cap
Good point, time to resurrect it.

AB
19th May 2015, 07:18 PM
Scott, if you read this can you please check your email as I did not get your contact form and do not have your address to send you the bag before you leave on Monday.

HuskyInAuz
19th May 2015, 08:18 PM
Scott, if you read this can you please check your email as I did not get your contact form and do not have your address to send you the bag before you leave on Monday.

Address sent to your alternate email..

AB
19th May 2015, 08:24 PM
Address sent to your alternate email.. thanks mate all sorted now!

NissanGQ4.2
19th May 2015, 08:30 PM
Address sent to your alternate email..

Now you post after I tracked your mobile number down! *L*

HuskyInAuz
19th May 2015, 09:09 PM
Now you post after I tracked your mobile number down! *L*

Sorry mate, slow and out in the garage pondering and sorting tools/spares, etc.

Patrol-Guy
10th July 2021, 07:55 AM
Well it would seem things have changed since I was here last. No more Redback spare wheel bags. Very disappointing. If there’s anyone still hanging around and has one they don’t use, would you be interested in selling it to me? I’ve had one for long time and it’s still going strong but I’ve bought a caravan with 2 spare wheels…..see where I’m going?

Anyways hope to hear from someone with a stash of these bags.

Tanks
Paul

AB
10th July 2021, 11:28 AM
Well it would seem things have changed since I was here last. No more Redback spare wheel bags. Very disappointing. If there’s anyone still hanging around and has one they don’t use, would you be interested in selling it to me? I’ve had one for long time and it’s still going strong but I’ve bought a caravan with 2 spare wheels…..see where I’m going?

Anyways hope to hear from someone with a stash of these bags.

Tanks
Paul

I know its a bloody shame. The price of the vinyl just went sky rocketing and wasn't worth making them unfortunately.

Cuppa
10th July 2021, 11:28 AM
Still in daily use after a good few years.
Good for rubbish carrying, but also strong enough for firewood collection.
Don't want to part with them. Did have a 3rd one once, but someone here (TPC?) got it.
Good luck finding another.

Patrol-Guy
10th July 2021, 03:41 PM
Dammit! They are so good. Had mine since about 2015 always been one of my bestest buys. Been around Aussie twice and still in excellent condition.

Hodge
10th July 2021, 04:14 PM
Yep. They are the best. Got mine 2014 from Andy through Mudski ?? From memory ... Been on the car every single day since.
Well, it got carried over from my previous GU.
Other than those velcros starting to age and tear off , they bag it's self is like new after some vinyl treatment cleanup.
It's far superior than any other brand put there ( not going to mention any ).

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

growler2058
10th July 2021, 04:26 PM
I know its a bloody shame. The price of the vinyl just went sky rocketing and wasn't worth making them unfortunately.

Faaark was gunna hit ya up at the snow meetup :(

edit: So that’s a no for rooftop bags then

AB
10th July 2021, 08:15 PM
Faaark was gunna hit ya up at the snow meetup :(

edit: So that’s a no for rooftop bags then

Roof top bags coming soon don't worry about that cocko lol

jay see
10th July 2021, 10:31 PM
My son reminds me every time I put it on that it's his, he won it at the very first meet I went to at Matt's place and when he's buys a 4x4 he's getting it back.
Little does he know he's not getting it...

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Hodge
11th July 2021, 09:12 AM
My son reminds me every time I put it on that it's his, he won it at the very first meet I went to at Matt's place and when he's buys a 4x4 he's getting it back.
Little does he know he's not getting it...

That's cruel.

DX grunt
17th July 2021, 07:24 PM
@AB

My wheel bags are still going strong. Love em!

Roof top bags.........make em wait - more! lol

Hodge
5th December 2021, 11:01 AM
Why did I not buy 2-3 of these when the master was still crafting? lol
Anyways the bag is still in very fine form. I still stand this is the best quality bag on the market that I've seen to-date. And its not just because AB makes them. In terms of material and craft of it, it is in it's own league.
The only thing going off is the velcros being worn and drying off.
Anybody successfully replaced these? And if so, with that type? I had a quick look at Bunnings and can't really decipher what will bond good to this type of canvas.

MB
5th December 2021, 09:13 PM
Re-stitching fresh hook & loop (velcro) is the only real long term solution unfortunately Hodgey Mate. There was a glue available in Australia many years back that was able to etch its way into pvc type vinyl but was banned for import, nasty stuff I’m assuming.
Any boat type cover manufacturer nearby your place should be able to stitch on a fresh set of strips and or swing by the valley one day passing through, there’s one out here too [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudski
6th December 2021, 08:19 AM
Re-stitching fresh hook & loop (velcro) is the only real long term solution unfortunately Hodgey Mate. There was a glue available in Australia many years back that was able to etch its way into pvc type vinyl but was banned for import, nasty stuff I’m assuming.
Any boat type cover manufacturer nearby your place should be able to stitch on a fresh set of strips and or swing by the valley one day passing through, there’s one out here too [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and get them to stitch that small tear too Hodge.

Hodge
6th December 2021, 10:48 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThanks legend Mr. MB.
Stitching never occurred to me. But makes absolute sense.
The long Velcro on the lid flap is fine. The 2 smaller ones on the bag front are all but gone.

There's a boat place 400m from me. Will swing in and ask their sewing skills.

Sent using Pixel 6

Hodge
6th December 2021, 10:51 AM
and get them to stitch that small tear too Hodge.That was the mongrel van driver courier who done a runner after reversing into me few years ago.
Had to replace the big barn door and wheel bracket. The bag copped it all unscathed except somehow it made that slice into it ... [emoji2959]

Sent using Pixel 6

Stropp
6th December 2021, 12:29 PM
84976I’ve been meaning to get both of mine redone as well, bags are fine just the Velcro ��