PDA

View Full Version : Gq93ti efi

merckx
3rd October 2010, 10:58 AM
Hi everyone.

I bought a patrol on duel fuel and went to pick up yesterday.
it have a problem the fuel pump. The gaz finish half way home and i drove to the next petrol station (50km) idling on 4 low , because the petrol was not geting to the engine. I enjoy DIY but i saw that are at least two diferent fuel pumps.its hard to do
ta

YNOT
3rd October 2010, 11:20 PM
Dual fuel (petrol/LPG) cars that are run soley on LPG for extended periods often end up having problems with the petrol fuel system.
You said you had to drive idling on 4 low to get TO the petrol station, how was it after you filled with fuel? Or did you just switch back to LPG?
Your fault could be anything from stale petrol, faulty fuel pump (as you suggested), blocked fuel filter, blocked injectors, or even something like faulty mass air flow sensor.
I would be diagnosing further before you start spending money replacing parts.

Tony

sweet_gq
26th November 2010, 09:36 AM
I would agree with YNOT. I run dual fuel but I make sure a put a tank of petrol though at least once a month - my preference. I have been through a similar process where I had to eventually diagnose a dodge fuel pump. I was getting fuel starve over 2200 rev's. Wasn't running rough, just dying.

If it is coughing and spluttering, then maybe more towards stale / dodgy fuel. Cheapest way to start is empty fuel tank and fill with fresh good fuel. Replace fuel filter, and maybe mix in a bottle of injector cleaner and drive off and on for a week between petrol and gas. You can also get a mechanic to pressure test your fuel pump to see what it is putting out.

See if there is any improvement. After that, you can look at getting your injectors cleaned and the spray patten tested - but $$$ more expensive.

Hope it helps

B