PDA

View Full Version : renee

renee brown
2nd October 2010, 01:12 PM
Hi We have a 1999 GU patrol 4.2 turbo diesel that has just started stinking like rotten egg from the air conditioner and it is really bad from the outside of the car also has anybody else had this problem if so can you tell me the cause and how to fix it . thank you Renee

Chops
2nd October 2010, 02:25 PM
Normally the gas can smell like that, so I would say you might have a slow leak in your air conditioner. A sure sign is if isn't getting as cold as it was.

patch697
2nd October 2010, 03:01 PM
G/day & welcome to the forum Renee.

I've not had this or even heard of it before & please don't take offense at this question but do you think someone could have put an egg or 2 in your air vent & this is whats giving you this problem

Cheers
Paul

P.s. Post a thread in the introductions section & tell us a bit about yourself & your Patrol......

renee brown
3rd October 2010, 05:23 PM
Hi We have found the problem with the rotten egg smell. We have a dual battery system in the car and one of the batteries was losing charge because of collasped cells in the battery which created gas leaking out therefore making the rotten egg smell. We are lucky to have found it because the battery could have exploded and we could of had acid all thru the engine bay.Thank you for the suggestions to what it may of been. Thanks Renee

AB
3rd October 2010, 08:26 PM
Hi We have found the problem with the rotten egg smell. We have a dual battery system in the car and one of the batteries was losing charge because of collasped cells in the battery which created gas leaking out therefore making the rotten egg smell. We are lucky to have found it because the battery could have exploded and we could of had acid all thru the engine bay.Thank you for the suggestions to what it may of been. Thanks Renee

Thanks for getting back to us aswell Renee, It's good to find out the solutions to the problems too.