PDA

View Full Version : Rear 1/4 Chop

iht2670
13th May 2012, 07:37 PM
Rear 1/4 panel chop & wheel arch chops Legal in Victoria ?

Steve.

88Shorty
15th May 2012, 11:09 PM
Is the rest of ur car legal...?

megatexture
15th May 2012, 11:18 PM
tyres and lift can easily change if you get to much heat from the pigs chops cant

Bigrig
15th May 2012, 11:19 PM
Not sure that the quarter panel cut (not the arches) is illegal as such anywhere but having it myself and having been picked up 3 times over the Christmas period (never booked, just somewhat harassed) they never mentioned the quarter cut ...

Be interesting to know though ...

88Shorty
16th May 2012, 09:30 PM
True i'll agree with you there. Thats a good call.

Trolatron
17th May 2012, 09:30 AM
:groupwave:Chop it, Chop it, Chop it,:groupwave:

Just dont drive around with no mud flaps.Mine are removable with one bolt.

TD_Wagon
23rd May 2012, 03:11 PM
Pretty sure its legal as its not a structural part of the body, but yeah definately get mud flaps on and you'll be fine

Paul C
26th June 2012, 02:16 PM
Bugger You guys have some strict rules. Here in NZ we can pretty much do as we want with out trucks. I have front and rear cuts (Bars tuck under nicely) 3" shocks, 2" body lift, aftermarket turbo. No certificate required. If I wanted a bigger lift, wound boost up to give more than 20% power increase or wanted to run on the road with my beadlocks I would need to be certed. The cops here are looking for lowered cars not lifted trucks as we usually drive pretty sensibley on the black stuff. I have even got away with rusted holes right through the rear quarter big enough to put my hand through as this is not a structural item. But as the guys above say. Add some mud flaps and it will look better and less likely to attract unwanted attention from the revenue squad.

rusty_nail
26th June 2012, 02:21 PM
haha revenue squad, i like that