PDA

View Full Version : gu patrol front floor collecting water - what to do?

jtdraft
13th May 2012, 09:02 AM
Hello All,
I have recently joined this forum and this is my first posting after looking through your postings. There are some very interesting videos and photos and one day I hope to post some of mine.
For now though, I have a water leak that collects on the left hand side front floor. I am not sure if it is from the air conditioner or from outside when it is raining, but I have noticed it in summer as well as now after rains. What could the problem? I have looked under the dash and under bonnet but can't see anything obvious. Can you help?
My car is GU 2004 ST 4.2TD
Thanks for reading and waiting for an answer in eager anticipation :gossip:
Travel safe,
Jack.

macca86
13th May 2012, 09:13 AM
If you can find any obvious holes patch them up. Chech the window sills for rust and the front firewall. if it's not holes or rust maybe try disconect your heater hose as the heater radiator may leak. If that's the case just means you won't have a heater.

wildgu6
13th May 2012, 09:16 AM
G'day & welcome aboard Jack
Great lot here with tons of advice and adventures and experiences,
Hang around, ask away and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Had similar prob on 98 GU, turned out to be heater core. Good luck

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Yappa Tappa Doo

Winnie
13th May 2012, 09:20 AM
Check your windscreen seal mate, mine does the same and I've got a small gap in the seal.

Bigrig
13th May 2012, 09:28 AM
Can also be the main grommet being worn wear the wiring harness comes though the firewall - that's what it was on mine after I went to the trouble to seal up the windscreen only to have water pool at my feet after having done it!!! lol

nissannewby
13th May 2012, 12:03 PM
My GU does the same the windscreen seal on mine has started to come away on the bottom of the windscreen so when it rains this same thing occurs (need to get it fixed lol)

jtdraft
13th May 2012, 02:25 PM
Thanks macca86 and the others that replied. The smell and colour of the liquid doesn't say coolant so I'm ruling out heater problems but I'll have a serious look at the windscreen seal.
Does anyone know where the air-conditioning drops the moisture it collects and is that the same place the air grill in front of the windscreen drops its collected water?

mudski
18th May 2012, 08:26 PM
Air con usually has a vent hose outside. Well not usually but it will, so any condensation will just drip onto the ground. If it ain't coolant, on a dry day, get the hose out, sit in the passenger side with a torch, get the missus or mate, to spray water all over the left side. Then look for leaks.