PDA

View Full Version : 2001 GU Patrol - Just bought.

AB
14th June 2010, 11:30 AM
After all this i thought i better show you guys my Patrol.

I havent mentioned anything lately as my old GQ is on its way to god and I have finally found my new toy.

It's only a stock 2001 GU ST Patrol 3ltr turbo intercooled.

I recently purchased this off a lady who primarily used it to tow the horse float around so i don't think its been off road much.

Looking forward to beefing her up a bit when the funds arrive one day :)

Woof
14th June 2010, 09:51 PM
Looks great Andy, looking forward to see her grow.

YNOT
26th June 2010, 08:19 PM
I got curious and went looking to see what you were driving Andy. That's almost exactly what mine looked like when I got it. It didn't stay that way very long! What are your plans for building it up?

Tony

AB
26th June 2010, 08:41 PM
Well like most of us here funds will limit her.

I "WAS" planning on putting a 3" exhaust through initially with a 3" lift (I actually didnt mind seeing yours with the Snake racing mega lift springs and tough dog shocks either).

I like doing a lot of DIY stuff like the roof consoles, rear drawers, etc.

Anyways, the important word up there is "WAS".

We have just had our first child (girl who's going to have all the boys toys) and my misses is still driving the old VP commodore wagon...I know, I'm not a nice partner...haha.

The diff is starting to whine, the tranny is slipping on the commo and all round its not good news and on her last legs.

Before I do anything it would probably make sense to give her the patrol (it hurts just writing this), selling the vp commodore for about 5 bucks and either fixing up the rubbish tip GQ in the shed or hopefully buying some poor buggers GQ that he has spent thousands on and can't sell.

I like doing things from scratch which is why i got the stocky GU wagon but finding a nicely looked after stock GQ or a teenage crazed mod GQ that hasnt seen dirt could be an idea as well.

So, there may be another members rides coming up soon!

AB
26th June 2010, 09:03 PM
The A\C is also buggered in the commodore so It's just not worth fixing it up.

What I really want is A Jayco camper.

My misses has never been overly keen on the trips I take her on and roughing it up and now with the baby girl we need to go on "family" trips more then the boys treks.

I also want a xr250, Big Bear quad bike with trailer for the wood and tools, kanga for landscaping, 5 tonne excavator for cutting hills out, 10k fire sprinkler system with dedicated pump and copper piping, underground fire bunker with double steel doors 10 ft deep, Sting ray corvette, coupe Impala, spa bath and swimming pool, fix up the bungalow with pool table and finish the 17 projects I already have going around the property.

Does anyone know what the jackpot is for next powerball???? :)

YNOT
26th June 2010, 09:27 PM

Does anyone know what the jackpot is for next powerball???? :)

Question is, does anyone know what the winning numbers will be?

Congratulations on your baby girl.

It's a shame you're so far away, I'm getting ready to sell my old '94 GQ.

Tony

AB
26th June 2010, 09:29 PM
Question is, does anyone know what the winning numbers will be?

Congratulations on your baby girl.

It's a shame you're so far away, I'm getting ready to sell my old '94 GQ.

Tony
Cheers for the congrats!

put it up for sale on here when you ready, you never know!

GQ4.2
26th June 2010, 10:03 PM
looks good for a project tourer vehicle, just make sure you do all the recomended things to keep the 3ltr going, otherwise it turn into a grenade

mudduck
27th June 2010, 08:33 AM
Nice looking truck Andy, gotta love a white GU

billy61
7th November 2010, 06:11 PM
Nice truck