PDA

View Full Version : led dash lights

garrett
11th May 2012, 06:34 PM
hey guys, im going to put up a few photos and step by step instructions. basically all u need is 4 led lights like the ones in the park light of a gq might be more will let you know when i take it apart on my bros car already done mine just forgot to take step by step photos, heres the finish product

also does any1 know how to remove the needles? i didnt want to force them. and if its possible to change gq needles to red gu needles?

garrett
11th May 2012, 06:35 PM
this was also on the lowest dimmed setting they are very bright

paulvdw
12th May 2012, 09:28 PM
Hi Garrett

Mate, how much involved in getting to the led's in the dash?
Did you do the centre console one too?

I have a set of 7 blue ones i want to put into my GU and was wondering how much it entailed to get to them?

Cheers

garrett
12th May 2012, 10:00 PM
img1:these are the normal globes, you need to change 3 of them
img2:remove the 6 screws
img3:now the 2 screws on the white plastic
img4:2 bottom screws
img5:the 2 outer plugs u need to squeeze both sides to remove them, and the middle one just one side
img6:push down on the black clips, if you want to clean the inside of the clear part the push down on the clear tabs but be warned they tend to break
img7: other side more black clips
img8: this is the back of the cluster the 3 blue plugs are your main lights remove them also to take the rpm guage etc off you need to take the proper screws out
img9:front of the cluster, the guages should come of if you have unscrewed them
img10:this is one of the guages removed, as you can see its green so just replacing the light wont help unless you sand/scrape or whatever is easiest for you
img 11:i used a engraver and scraped it off

after doing all of them i put it together but havend got any led's yet so i will post up a pic of it tomorrow to see how it looks in my bros car as to mine since he has no dimmer

garrett
12th May 2012, 10:01 PM
i did the center one on mine also it was basically the same with one bulb, im not sure if its the same on a gu

garrett
12th May 2012, 10:04 PM
ill have to search for it but i remember someone was selling redone clusters that you just replace but im afraid of removing the needle to get to them. i heard wedging a fork would do it but no1 has confirmed this with me.