PDA

View Full Version : How not to

TOECUTTER
1st October 2010, 05:21 PM
Have a go at this bloke...lucky he had a trailer on the back to stop him from flipping completely over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbojfun27pg&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbojfun27pg&feature=related)

AB
1st October 2010, 08:05 PM
Yep seen that and don't know why I never showed it here. Cheers TC, one very lucky guy indeed. Someone should have atleast told him he was not in line before going down though.

Finly Owner
5th October 2010, 08:10 PM
Yep seen that and don't know why I never showed it here. Cheers TC, one very lucky guy indeed. Someone should have atleast told him he was not in line before going down though.

yeah it was AB

TOECUTTER
10th November 2010, 06:03 PM
You can really blame this on driver inexperience.

I really think people that have not had a lot of experience in 4WDing need to get some time up before tackling challenges like gunshot etc. Driver education through a course and some short trips should be the minimum.

My 2cents

TC

AB
10th November 2010, 08:17 PM
I agree TC, we should organise a category of courses and contacts around each capital city to help new 4x4 drivers.

TOECUTTER
11th November 2010, 03:14 PM
I agree TC, we should organise a category of courses and contacts around each capital city to help new 4x4 drivers.

Good thinking 99.

I wonder if any newby 4WDers would be interested in teaming up with more experienced drivers for a weekend away driver training. You could probably mix it up a little and hold it over a couple of weekends on different terrain such as bush and beach, include basic recovery techniques, night driving, nav and vehicle maintenance, similar to the way all drivers in the army do a week long course before they can drive a land rover. This would also be a great social experience as at the end of the days driving there would always be the obligatory beer and BBQ.

Woof
11th November 2010, 07:45 PM
Now for the correct way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOrKuqHhcg4&feature=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOrKuqHhcg4&feature=player_embedded)

AB
11th November 2010, 08:00 PM
Slow and steady Doggie.

YNOT
11th November 2010, 08:06 PM
You can really blame this on driver inexperience.

I really think people that have not had a lot of experience in 4WDing need to get some time up before tackling challenges like gunshot etc. Driver education through a course and some short trips should be the minimum.

My 2cents

TC

This is one of the benefits of joining a 4WD club, doing the clubs basic driver training program is mandatory before you can attend any trips that require low range. After the driver training you are encouraged to go on a few trips and put into practice what you've just learnt, and do it all in the company of other friendly like minded people. For a novice it's a great introduction to 4WDing.

Tony

AB
11th November 2010, 08:15 PM
Agreed 100% Tony, for any new 4wd owners reading this you will learn so much by joining a local club with sensible knowledgable drivers to teach you and make some friends.

I couldn't think of anything worse then a new 4wd owner just hitting the tracks without any basic knowledge.

Extremely dangerous!

Woof
11th November 2010, 08:28 PM
That is one of the main reasons that I joined a 4WD Club, you learn so much, I just thought that you put it in 4WD and just hit all obstacles flat out........wow was I wrong:SNruQWn369624407:
Best thing that I ever did was to join the club I am now in, one of the greatest things is that my youngest son absolutely loves it, so we get to spend a lot of quality father and son time together.:cool:
If anyone is thinking about joining a club........don't think just do it.

tariadamar
11th November 2010, 08:46 PM
i never ended up doing my 4wdclub driver training something came up that weekend. i stil learnt how to drive on alot of trips with them also got a great navigator and have smashed a couple of skills and nav weekends.

still remember how i learnt to drive down a sand dune. by calling over the uhf for help when i was like 1 meter from the top of the dune ready to come down.

one thing people needed to rememeber is to speak up. if u need help just ask, i have went out with a few people from online before and u ask themif they have driven hardcore off road and they say yes u tell them to speak up if they need a guied or something for some sections. next thing u know they are in all sorts of trouble cause they have no idea. then they tell u they have never done anything this hard before.

szaf
13th February 2011, 07:55 PM
Seeing some of the footage I might trade my patrol of a Volkswagen and stay in the city

rcolijn
18th January 2012, 11:27 AM
Driver inexperience or stuboorness, did I see right he had a spotter but wasn't listening?
I found with tricky stuff people dont use spotters (or just ignore them) to be cool and that gets them into trouble a lot.

Slow and steady takes it all the time....

Was the second video the second time he did it (after he repaired the horn:)?

stock patrol
18th January 2012, 11:52 AM
right on mate. probably gun ho! they forgot the bit about the guy havein to clean the seat and his change his pants.

The Tank
25th January 2012, 06:29 PM
I watched this a few times just to see if I'd missed anything...because on first impressions it didn't look that hard out. Am I missing something? Heading up might be greasy but going down would appear to be pretty simple. Maybe the spectators were just waiting to see someone crash,hence the lack of guiding.

Chris-W
5th December 2012, 09:01 AM
They could have been drowned if the truck went over!

MEGOMONSTER
5th December 2012, 11:17 AM
New fender and new front seats, there's no way to clean the stains out of that seat.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

threedogs
5th December 2012, 02:27 PM
Do it through a club as you are then covered in case of an accident, Not a good idea going bush with Joe Blow you may be passing on bad habits, IMO
Everyone should do a driver awareness or recovery course as a minimum.
If you want to you can then take advanced driving, recovery, first aid, Your local or state 4x4 asocc. should be able to help.
Just make sure its accredited, Who knows you could end up a tour operator.
As for Gunshot vid been around awhile now, just a clown showing off,and very lucky, maybe too many $$$$ so not bothered IMO only

Jakob
27th June 2013, 05:08 AM
Lucky he didn't go all the way around :P

kegatron
24th August 2013, 11:29 PM
whoh!!, what was the hurry, and needs to shoot his spotters!!

ezza57
25th March 2014, 03:30 PM
Braver than I am taking on something like that

cltchrystal
15th January 2016, 02:10 PM
sounds like a good idea, that looks like something I would like to be a lot more proficient before I give that a go.

Truckus
15th February 2021, 02:47 PM
Seemed to be the right topic for this.

Inexperienced P Platers with NFI making what looks pretty easy judging by almost everyone else passing by, extremely hard.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9qveMR9FiQ

Just count the errors and safety no no's....

Must be the extreme 40 PSI plus 4x4 club!

One comment there is a classic...

"IQ is inversely proportional to tire pressure."

That's a classic!

Inskip point, right off the ferry on Frazer...hours of entertainment to be had without even turning the key!:band: