PDA

View Full Version : What not to do!

Brendan56
10th May 2012, 08:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg_dONdcehQ

Multiple cringe worthy moments in this one, a prime example of inexperienced people punching above their weight.

Cheers, Brendan.

healy
10th May 2012, 08:34 PM
thats some funny stuff

Tank
10th May 2012, 08:42 PM
That was slightly terifing

growler2058
10th May 2012, 08:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg_dONdcehQ&feature=related

Multiple cringe worthy moments in this one, a prime example of inexperienced people punching above their weight.
Sorry guys, don't know how to embed the vid in the post.

Cheers, Brendan.

Bumma what else can isay

Finly Owner
10th May 2012, 08:49 PM
Some real dumb stuff there!
Oh hang on I'll stand somewhwere close to a snatch strap so I can catch it when it snaps. Not to mention using chains to snatch with, not digging out the bogged vehicle. No Crowd control.

Best thing camera person did was stand back and film in safety.

Tim

Maxhead
10th May 2012, 08:49 PM
uhmmm, uhmmm,uhmmmm, I'm lost for words

maxblack
10th May 2012, 08:51 PM
Oh my.....

NissanGQ4.2
10th May 2012, 09:01 PM
uhmmm, uhmmm,uhmmmm, I'm lost for words

I'm not

Words from a wise man, If they had real 4wds they would not of been in that situation *LMAO*

Brendan, I embedded the video for you, thanks for sharing

Maxhead
10th May 2012, 09:07 PM
I'm not

Words from a wise man, If they had real 4wds they would not of been in that situation *LMAO*

Brendan, I embedded the video for you, thanks for sharing

I was only lost for words because its a family forum......LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Freak
10th May 2012, 09:10 PM
I don't even know where to begin...

Brendan56
10th May 2012, 09:27 PM
I don't even know where to begin...

I began with, 'Is he getting a run up with a chain? NO STOP ACCELERATING, nevermind, you're bogged'
then it was
'man thats gonna break, oh shit i have to post this' haha.

Clunk
10th May 2012, 09:39 PM
No need to say anything about the recovery attempts.......... Wonder if the toyboatas sank or swam in the end????!!!!
Talk about 2 for the price of 1.....

Taps a lot!!!!!!

choppie
10th May 2012, 11:11 PM
That's scary stuff, boys with toys and no brains, snatching with chains?????????????????????????????????
Looked like they were getting a winch rope out at the finish, should have been used on the first one at the beginning!

Col

Woof
11th May 2012, 12:02 AM
That is just bloody stupid, they are so lucky that no one was injured or killed

Silver
11th May 2012, 12:32 AM
Crikey! Looks like the tide was still running out, happily for them.

Clunk
11th May 2012, 12:44 AM
Crikey! Looks like the tide was still running out, happily for them.

Nah, that's coming back in isn't it? Icant remember what a decent tidal movement looks like any more,hardly seemed to move over here

ozzymalone
11th May 2012, 09:31 AM
Even watching this with no speakers or sound and i was mortified! OMG! Lets hand around and watch....with the kids. OMG!

Common sense just isn't common anymore.........

growler2058
11th May 2012, 09:55 AM
Even watching this with no speakers or sound and i was mortified! OMG! Lets hand around and watch....with the kids. OMG!

Common sense just isn't common anymore.........

i work for a teir 1 builder that sets the bench mark for ohs/ehs/ohs&w whichever acronym your used to and we get our arses kicked if we say commonsense this or that apparently there is no such thing as the above footage shows

ozzymalone
11th May 2012, 11:46 AM
i work for a teir 1 builder that sets the bench mark for ohs/ehs/ohs&w whichever acronym your used to and we get our arses kicked if we say commonsense this or that apparently there is no such thing as the above footage shows

I'm with you mate! Don't get me stated on the building/construction industry! I'm sort of out of it now but its a joke from start to finish. You can implement ohs/ehs/bla/bla/bla as much as you like on a site but when all you need to walk on one is a blue card (state dependant of course) you are not going to have a safe workplace. (This is my example without appearing like a massive redneck) When a non-english speaking person can get an construction induction card with a translator it completely defeats the purpose of oh&s. The translator actually learns everthing and even helps with the answers but the moron who honestly has no understanding of what he was just told/taught gets the card! In both induction "classes" (different states) I was in there was a large percentage of blokes who not only didn't listen to the teacher OR translator but were sleeping most of the day with there heads on the desk and the translator actually did the final exam for them!?! WTF! ~ I would hate to see them on the tracks!

taslucas
11th May 2012, 12:10 PM
How many levels of incompetence are there?
Those guys ticked every box!!
So in the end the question is:
How many toymotas does it take to launch a jetski!!??

Tap, crackle, pop

ozzymalone
11th May 2012, 12:22 PM
How many levels of incompetence are there?
Those guys ticked every box!!
So in the end the question is:
How many toymotas does it take to launch a jetski!!?

I would have to say at least five. (1) Numbskull who gets bogged to get the ball rolling
(2) Knock-knock who tries a snatch extraction with a chain without the forethought to "just dig a little"
(3) Spoonman who thinks his rig will get er' done and only manages to help bog himself and #2
(4) The ambulance driver who has to come pick up the bits of injured bystanders but cos' he isn't allowed to lower his pressures gets bogged too! (Assuming its another Toymota)
(5) Ambo driver number two to come help out #4 with the cleanup and of course perform a safe recovery.

(If only #4 & #5 were replaced with the one Datto driven by someone with some brains who could have stopped it all from escalating -----or maybe just stood back to watch this deathly comedy of errors!)

97_gq_lwb
11th May 2012, 01:05 PM
I noticed the landcruiser with a rear wheel not even turning wich is typical of the lsd in them things.
The rest of it looked more like a disaster movie bunch of clueless fools i just couldn't help laughing though.
Why is it that something so dangerous and stupid still seemed funny to me .

ozzymalone
11th May 2012, 03:21 PM
Not worng there 97! Watch it in double speed with the benny hill music on!

growler2058
11th May 2012, 03:40 PM
I noticed the landcruiser with a rear wheel not even turning wich is typical of the lsd in them things.
The rest of it looked more like a disaster movie bunch of clueless fools i just couldn't help laughing though.
Why is it that something so dangerous and stupid still seemed funny to me .

Coz in a weird way it is funny, like when a mate hurts emselves, ya know the strike to the balls or similar always gets a giggle even though ya know it hurts like a mofo

growler2058
11th May 2012, 03:52 PM
I just watched it again and now i think mmmmmmmmmmmmm dig more ya m ugs av a bloody go
And WTF did the tojo dude think would happen to the snatch strap with a run up like that hahahahahahhaha is lucky no one was hurt

Bigrig
11th May 2012, 09:33 PM
Seriously??? It's all been said as for the ridiculous turn of events so I'll leave that be, but can someone tell me for the love of all that's holy why the square nose shovel that came out so early in the piece to dig out the tray back wasn't used at the outset to dig ramps in front of the first bogged cars wheels to start with??? Appreciate the diffs and pan may have started getting caught up, but really, wouldn't you try to dig away a fair bit first to at least give a snatch recovery a fair chance??? Not under the wheels as such, but in front of them and as much as possible under the body??

Or am I just a simpleton??

Finly Owner
11th May 2012, 10:07 PM
No mate, we are just too smart for them!

Tim

taslucas
12th May 2012, 06:58 AM
Seriously??? It's all been said as for the ridiculous turn of events so I'll leave that be, but can someone tell me for the love of all that's holy why the square nose shovel that came out so early in the piece to dig out the tray back wasn't used at the outset to dig ramps in front of the first bogged cars wheels to start with??? Appreciate the diffs and pan may have started getting caught up, but really, wouldn't you try to dig away a fair bit first to at least give a snatch recovery a fair chance??? Not under the wheels as such, but in front of them and as much as possible under the body??

Or am I just a simpleton??

You may be a simpleton, but I think your %100 correct. Lmao!!!

Tap, crackle, pop

Bigrig
12th May 2012, 07:05 AM
You may be a simpleton, but I think your %100 correct. Lmao!!!

Tap, crackle, pop

Hahaha ... good to know others agree ... but that you still think I'm a simpleton!!! lmao

I'll take that as a 'double compliment' I guess!! lol

taslucas
12th May 2012, 07:17 AM
Hahaha ... good to know others agree ... but that you still think I'm a simpleton!!! lmao

I'll take that as a 'double compliment' I guess!! lol

Lol, if your that sharp as a simpleton imagine what you could do if you applied yourself!!! Hahaha lmao

Tap, crackle, pop

Bigrig
12th May 2012, 07:24 AM
Lol, if your that sharp as a simpleton imagine what you could do if you applied yourself!!! Hahaha lmao

Tap, crackle, pop

Applied myself?? To what?? Using what?? All I have in my head right now is bigrig glued to a wall ... consider myself "applied"!!!! lmao

taslucas
12th May 2012, 07:30 AM
Applied piper!!

Hahaha too early lol

Tap, crackle, pop

mtnranges
9th July 2012, 05:09 PM
Thats insane!!

trickgq
12th July 2012, 08:41 PM
That was out of control, will wake up tomorrow with saw stomach muscles from laughter.

2TROLLFAM
12th July 2012, 09:57 PM
Well HOLY CRAP ... Even I'm not that much of a dum dum!!

threedogs
12th July 2012, 10:20 PM
Very lucky no one got injured, TOOLS OF THE WEEK award

the ferret
15th August 2012, 04:26 PM
I don't need to say anything!!
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/001640x586.jpg
Cheers, the ferret.

joetrol
19th August 2012, 12:05 PM
whata bunch of clowns, what were they even using to snatch?

Bakes
21st August 2012, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg_dONdcehQ

Cheers, Brendan.

OMFG.... Holy amateur hour batman.....

MudRunnerTD
21st August 2012, 06:28 PM
The smartest person there was the LADY that walked up with a shovel! Shame she walked upto the wrong car! I can't believe that none of those blokes thought to grab that shovel and sort out the drowning hilux which surely should have been he priority!

That is nearlly the dumbest thin I have ever seen! Close second to the Toyota driver I saw put a snatch strap around the top rail of a vey bogged friend and ripped the bull bar off the car

DAMN THESE PEOPLE!

Bakes
21st August 2012, 06:31 PM
Gillard and her goons will get a sniff of this and ban 4WDing.....or tax it...

Silver
21st August 2012, 06:33 PM
The smartest person there was the LADY that walked up with a shovel! Shame she walked upto the wrong car! I can't believe that none of those blokes thought to grab that shovel and sort out the drowning hilux which surely should have been he priority!

That is nearlly the dumbest thin I have ever seen! Close second to the Toyota driver I saw put a snatch strap around the top rail of a vey bogged friend and ripped the bull bar off the car

DAMN THESE PEOPLE!

I dunno mudrunner, maybe he was trying to jettison unwanted weight and stuff he didn't want - it must have been a nice bullbar he thought would fit on something else :-)

MC97GQ
23rd August 2012, 02:45 PM
Well here's another one,

A reasonable outcome I suppose, but it could have been absolutely tragic, when are people going to learn about water crossings.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/father-saves-toddler-after-4wd-overturns-in-river-20120823-24nmj.html

Mark

nomadTech87
1st September 2012, 12:11 PM
where do we start,

* the tool who backed his ute up into the surf
* the chains being used in place of snatch straps
* the crowd buzzing around within snapping distance of the chains
* the chains being attached to towballs
* Top Gun getting a run up on attempting to pull the ute up
* the shovel that doesn't come out until the end. Was the shovel really just sitting there in the tray the whole bloody time???
* 3 utes on a beach and not one of them has: snatchstraps, winch, maxxtraxx?
* the cruiser revving its head off and digging itself into a hole

Les Penrose
3rd September 2012, 04:38 PM
Why didn't they ask if anyone up and down the beach actually had experience?