PDA

View Full Version : Driving lights GU Patrol

Bazhemps
9th May 2012, 10:55 AM
Hi All,
New to this forum. Last November I bit the bullet and traded my 1981 WB Statesman Caprice on a 2001 GU 3ltr turbo diesel automatic Patrol, mainly to tow my boat. The previous owner had removed the spot lights from the bull bar. When looking at replacements I won on ebay two LED spots from Bright light Auto Parts. When I came to fit them they looked out of place where the previous spots were, on investigation I found they fitted perfectly in the cut outs on the bull bar (factory alloy). The connection brackets removed, a few dobs of sikaflex to hold them in place with connection to the lower parking light wiring loom they came up a treat. I was thinking six would look awsome but could cause problems to radiator airflow.
Baz.

Rip'n'Shred
9th May 2012, 11:50 AM
They look great.

They are supposed to be only able to work on high beam and also have an isolation switch so you can use high beam without spotlights.

I personally would not have them on all the time with parkers, you will find a lot of people coming the other way who get annoyed with you very quick if they are on all the time. This is how I understand your post and pic.

TimE
9th May 2012, 12:16 PM
They are supposed to be only able to work on high beam and also have an isolation switch so you can use high beam without spotlights.

I personally would not have them on all the time with parkers, you will find a lot of people coming the other way who get annoyed with you very quick if they are on all the time. This is how I understand your post and pic.

That's the way I read it as well. If it is the case that they come on with the parkers you may find a defect notice coming your way. Also agree that you will annoy oncoming drivers, some of whom may just give you an eyeful of their HIDs.

Robo
9th May 2012, 01:20 PM
X3.
they do look trick.
you are correct, those slots are for air flow.
being pulled over is a very real possibility.

Bazhemps
10th May 2012, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I did not think it through. Isolation switch with relay connected to high beam going in.
Baz

Bazhemps
26th June 2012, 02:44 PM
Hi maque,
Sorry I did not get back to this post earlier. I won the lights on EBay for $50.00 pair the switch relay and wiring from Supercheap Auto cost $19.00. Have a look on EBay boating accessories, they come up all the time or Google Bright Light Auto parts they are about $65.00 each on their website plus postage.
Baz