PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Mods?

chipompi
30th September 2010, 08:16 PM
Hi There, I have just recently purchased the 3.0 DDTI and have read with interest the comments, just cant get enough, Iam a fanatic about my vehilces, love fiddling with them. my previous car was a Landcruiser Vx, had not one problem with it, hopefully the Patrol comes up to my expectations as I have always wanted one as I feel there are only 2 true 4x4s, these being the Landcruiser and the Patrol

Iam open to any suggestions on what mods I can do to my vehicle, I have been reading with interest the blocking of the EGR, can this be done with having to adjust anything ?.

Iam South African but live in Uganda in East Africa

Regards

Lawrence

AB
30th September 2010, 08:50 PM
Moved your thread here Lawrence so people can find it better.

YNOT
30th September 2010, 09:02 PM
As far as engine saver modifications go, your best bet is to read the reference document found here; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?89-Nissan-Patrol-Reference-Document.

Blocking the EGR on its own will cause other problems, you will understand better after reading the reference document.

Tony

Chaz
30th September 2010, 09:11 PM
Hi Lawrence,
Personally, I believe that blocking the EGR on a ZD30 is a good move and helps to preserve the engine. It will increase your boost, so you may need to do something to bring the boost back down to an acceptable level so that you don’t have any limp mode issues. Also, you should consider fitting a catch can or better still a Provent 200 crankcase filter. This will stop the crankcase blowby gasses and oil from getting into your intake system where it will contaminate the MAF and intercooler.
The other mods are to fit boost and EGT gauges to monitor the engine. There are many more that you can do and if you’re looking for performance as well as engine preservation, a performance chip, low restriction exhaust and lift pump are worth having.
Good luck with the Patrol.
Cheers,
Chaz

molongmick
18th October 2010, 09:34 PM
Hi Lawrence,
you should consider fitting a catch can or better still a Provent 200 crankcase filter. This will stop the crankcase blowby gasses and oil from getting into your intake system where it will contaminate the MAF and intercooler.

Excuse my ignorance here, but I would like some more info on the Catch Can.
I have heard the term catch can mentioned a few times.
I assume this prevents/collects oil vapour that normaly gets reintroduced into the air intake to be reintroduced into the engine for a cleaner exhaust.
How hard is it to install, and where should it go?

AB
19th October 2010, 07:39 AM
Hi Mick, this thread below explains the catch can in a lot more detail mate.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?447-4.2L-Catch-Cans&highlight=catch

If your still a bit lost or have any more questions mate, just ask.

molongmick
19th October 2010, 04:42 PM
Thanks for that AB

v.t.c 4800
10th December 2010, 03:43 AM
god pless you

Patrolute4x4
17th April 2011, 05:23 PM
Good thread mate

turbopsi
4th December 2011, 08:06 PM
Great info, thanks

Biscuits
1st April 2012, 08:55 PM
cheers mate

BubbaChang
7th April 2012, 03:38 AM
Great ifno really helpful

4WD DUDE
20th September 2013, 08:23 PM
I've had allot of doubts about buying a 3ltr patrol, now feeling better and getting a good idea of the facts. Thanks for the info.

Skitz_Dout
9th July 2016, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

Just got my first patrol most mods have been done but I like to tinker which makes this a very useful thread

Love the work everyone puts into this site keep it up everyone

87chopper10
18th December 2017, 03:56 AM
Cheers for posting this up! Lots of reading to do.