PDA

View Full Version : Air horn connections

paulvdw
6th May 2012, 09:00 PM
Attached sketch.

I want to wire the airhorn with as little wiring as possible and have it working with the existing one. So i would be looking at diagram 2.

I do not want the selector switch in there as it is 1 more i need to add to the dash. Don't want to have to pull wires through the firewall of my GU if i do not have to.

Any advice??

Big horn for big car :)

MudRunnerTD
6th May 2012, 09:43 PM
I am on my iPhone so can't see the diagrams well but I get the idea.

So, don't get confused with what you are trying to do by the diagram, you just want to add or upgrade the horn! Not put in a second horn as such.

I assume you want this to be added to your current horn switch?

So! All you need to do mate is piggy back of the positive side of your Nissan horn to power up the switching relay for your new horn as per the diagram. Instead of a new switch just use the switching circuit in place, really simple when you get your head around it ;)

Good luck mate

Yendor
6th May 2012, 09:54 PM
The easiest way, is to mount the air horn relay and fuse as close as possible to the vehicle battery.

Wire up the relay as per figure 2

Terminal 87 to pump motor
Terminal 86 to earth
Terminal 30 to the positive battery post via the 30amp fuse.

Terminal 85, run a wire from here down to the original horn on the driver side radiator support panel, just below the headlight. Disconnect both the LHS and RHS original horns.

Connect the wire from Terminal 85 to the coloured wire (possibly Light Green with a Red trace wire) that was connected to the RHS horn.

If you still want the original horns to work as well just leave them connected.