PDA

View Full Version : 2" body lift

healy
6th May 2012, 02:42 PM
whats the best 2'' body lift poly, aluminium?? as im going a gu 2" lift on my gq as well i've got a manual is there anything else i would have to look at doing as well

MudRunnerTD
6th May 2012, 03:12 PM
at least 70mm diameter Poly blocks mate and it will be fine.

Extend your diff breathers, check your gear box breather on the way up to.
Relieve the clutch vac line connected to the chassis rail on the left side near the fire wall.
Relieve the steering column rubber uni by slipping it down the column to flatten it out.
Slot the back of the Low range stick floor opening to allow for selection of Low range.
Watch out for the lower cowl on the radiator as it may need adjusting for the fan to operate. I have never had to do this and have done 5 or 6 BLs already but i have heard of plenty that have.

healy
6th May 2012, 05:46 PM
thanks mate

healy
6th May 2012, 05:52 PM
i've already got diff breather kit but i cant find where it goes does anybody have photos up so i can see or can someone send pics

luvpsi
8th May 2012, 07:42 PM
what kit fo you have piranha?

healy
28th May 2012, 05:07 PM
ok so i've orderd my 2" body lift and getting a bar that suits the lift. What do i need to do to make things fit?? as i understand brake lines dont come into affect by a 2" BL gotta drop the rad and alter the hi/lo shifter (can i just gut the floor abit)?? is that all?? and whats the best way of fitting the blocks in??

MudRunnerTD
28th May 2012, 10:36 PM
Read my post again

at least 70mm diameter Poly blocks mate and it will be fine.

Extend your diff breathers, check your gear box breather on the way up to.
Relieve the clutch vac line connected to the chassis rail on the left side near the fire wall.
Relieve the steering column rubber uni by slipping it down the column to flatten it out.
Slot the back of the Low range stick floor opening to allow for selection of Low range.
Watch out for the lower cowl on the radiator as it may need adjusting for the fan to operate. I have never had to do this and have done 5 or 6 BLs already but i have heard of plenty that have.

nissannewby
29th May 2012, 10:56 AM
I havent moved the radiator in mine and have no issues with the cooling side of and the fan doesnt foul. One thing i did do was shorten the lower radiator hose as it looked like it nearly had a kink in it.

healy
30th May 2012, 03:22 PM
cheers for the info mate

aussiemale
9th June 2012, 08:46 PM
I take it that the same issues to keep an eye on with the GQ with a lift would be the same across the board?

97_gq_lwb
9th June 2012, 10:22 PM
I just did mine used a big chunk of wood about 6x6 on the top of the trolley jack about midway on the drivers door floor.
It was easier then expected loosened all bolts left the nuts on the bolts on the opposite side of the car and did it one side at a time then tightened them all up .
No issues with radiator either although i still haven't tweaked the shifter.
The rear bar looked horrid with a big gap so i raised it up using the lower holes in the top holes wich gave me 45mm if i remember correctly and drilled some new holes and fitted nuts on the inside of the chassis for bumper brackets

aussiemale
9th June 2012, 10:46 PM
How'd you remove the rear two Bolts? Having a shit of a time trying to undo them

MudRunnerTD
9th June 2012, 10:57 PM
Open up the hole in the floor a little with a cold chistle and use a piece of square tube over the top of the captured nut. You might have something lying around (old chair leg or something) ;)

Or open it up enough to get a socket on it. Your going to lay your carpet back over it anyway.

healy
21st June 2012, 12:41 AM
So I did the lift a couple of weeks ago didn't have to touch the radiator at all using a blow torch on the rear bolts loosens them up it's a simple job only took 2 hours thanks for the info