PDA

View Full Version : Gas_guzzler's offroad camper

Gas_Guzzler4800
5th May 2012, 12:09 PM
Loving the new section, so I thought I would post up some pics of my Camper trailer. Its an entry level camper but seems to do what I want it to do at the moment. I'll be taking it to the cape in 2 years time so that should test her out. Anyway its an MDC Offroad Deluxe, she comes standard with

Offroad hitch
7 leaf pack shackle to eye springs
85L water tank
Tailgate kitchen with stainless sink
18ft tent with fully enclosed annex
Alloy toolbox
Twin Jerry can holders
Twin Gas Bottle holders

I optioned a stone deflector, spreader poles for the tent to make it fully self supported & a storm cover. I have made up some strip LED lights that I just run off a spare battery at the moment. I will eventually run a dedicated battery and 12v outlets, hot shower with electic pump etc etc

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j268/Tufflux/P2240175.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j268/Tufflux/P2250180.jpg

wildgu6
25th May 2012, 06:46 PM
Very nice, Looking at getting one when $$$ permit, so if you dont mind me asking what sort of $$$ did you pay for this baby.
So sick of puttin up tents with no instructions in the wind hahahahaha

oncedisturbed
25th May 2012, 07:00 PM
let us know how you go with it as it is 1 of the campers I am looking at as well. Can't complain for 5k complete for entry model even if you need to do a few extra bits on it

Richo460
2nd June 2012, 10:13 AM
damn i cant see the pics. went to the website and they look like a great product. How heavy are the tents on these things? I need a camper that can fir 2 dirtbikes aswell. Hope you enjoy it.

big_fletch
2nd June 2012, 03:25 PM
Very nice camper mate, i am looking at something similar myself.. Something else to pour money into as well bahahaha

Gas_Guzzler4800
23rd June 2012, 08:10 AM
All up it was about $5400 with a few add ons. So far I have been extremely happy with it. Its a nice heavy ripstop canvas and so far has been completely waterproof

NissanGQ4.2
23rd June 2012, 12:04 PM
Looks good mate

MudRunnerTD
23rd June 2012, 09:12 PM
I like the look of your camper, hope you have a great time for many years with your new buy.