PDA

View Full Version : leaking headlight

mike90mav
30th September 2010, 12:18 AM
been out four-wheelin two nights in a row now and have busted a globe each night from doin creek-crossings.

have taken the lamp out and theres no cracks in it, and the rubber cap seems to be fixing well.

anyone had this problem and/or have any tips on how to make sure its watertight?

cheers.

Maxhead
30th September 2010, 08:01 AM
Have a look at this thread... might help
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?512-Water-in-lights&highlight=headlight

mike90mav
30th September 2010, 06:55 PM
sweet yeah thanks, theres some good info in there. my problem is more that as soon as the water gets in, the cold on hot busts my globe straight away. so im trying to keep the water out all together... its possible ive just gone in a little too deep tho... =)

NissanGQ4.2
30th September 2010, 08:00 PM
sealed beam headlights is the answer............ i went from sealed beams to h4 globes, every time i done a river crossing, blew the globe. went back to sealed beams, no trouble.....
Are you running sealed beams or something else????

bartoni79
2nd October 2010, 03:28 PM
Are the fuses working ok?

Bigrig
5th October 2010, 08:13 PM
Definitely go sealed beams ... just did the same myself (about 8 weeks ago) as I always have the lights on when I'm out on tracks, and low and behold - no more blown bulbs ...

mudtrolluk
3rd November 2010, 06:57 AM
I've sealed all my lights with silicon, drilling holes didn't work as the mud pluged it and was to dirty, so striped cleaned then filled all holes with silicon.:bigthumbup: Cheep as chips.

89GQ
3rd November 2010, 09:29 PM
My Narva semi-sealed are good through water, well touch wood! But they have a good rubber boot the globe slides into.Bigrig, are the sealed beam just standards or can you get higher wattage ones??That was the reason i went semi-sealed for the H4 Globes instead of the candles that were in the sealed units!

patch697
3rd November 2010, 10:15 PM
You can get sealed beams in a range of wattage & colors now so you can get a light that work for you but if you blow one its a headlight change (a small down side hay)

Matmobile
8th December 2010, 12:12 AM
yep the only way is sealed beams and turn them off in the water