PDA

View Full Version : hidden amp for sub

healy
3rd May 2012, 08:08 PM
so i found a nice spot to hide my amp in the car so it wont get damaged pulled the panels off the back left hand side and moved the bottle jack and holder as i have no use for it anymore and put it behind the frame work. dont know if someone has had this idea before but i thought i would show my idea i had this arvo took about 20 minutes so now it cant get damaged. Sub will be tied to the cargo barrier when i get one hope it gives some people an idea if the like there tunes like i do

AB
3rd May 2012, 08:23 PM
It's a good little hideaway spot that one. Nice work.

Do you do much muddy deep crossings type of offroading? If you do you may want to put a plate under the amp as I get a lot of mud up in there only when your deep muddy water though.

healy
3rd May 2012, 08:32 PM
thats the next trick tomorrow seal in and out and lay some plastic around it. Still havnt gone out in it yet just got it road worthy yesterday and transfered it today so she is officialy mine after two weeks of cleaning and fixing her up. Mud is where she will live wasnt made to be clean lol first trip to conquer bunyip last 4b died there not this time bunyip

AB
3rd May 2012, 08:34 PM
Congratulations mate...Jeesh, doesn't take you long to start changing things...LMAO

rusty_nail
3rd May 2012, 08:35 PM
does the sub vibrate the amp much in that cavity?

Winnie
3rd May 2012, 08:36 PM
Just remember mate amps get hot so don't suffocate it or it will overheat. I've just got one amp under the rear passenger side seat and another screwed to the sub box in the back.

healy
3rd May 2012, 08:41 PM
does the sub vibrate the amp much in that cavity?

nah dosn't vibrate at all mate solid as

healy
3rd May 2012, 08:43 PM
Just remember mate amps get hot so don't suffocate it or it will overheat. I've just got one amp under the rear passenger side seat and another screwed to the sub box in the back.

was gonna do it to the box but but thought it would get to dirty. under the seat i think it will get dirty and wet im leaving the hole where the rear seat belts go through the panel so air wont be a problem but thanks for the tips

Winnie
3rd May 2012, 08:47 PM
Just meant that for if you wrap it in plastic or something haha, no dramas. The only mud that gets inside my car is from my boots, never in the mood for stripping the interior and cleaning it all haha.

healy
3rd May 2012, 08:50 PM
Just meant that for if you wrap it in plastic or something haha, no dramas. The only mud that gets inside my car is from my boots, never in the mood for stripping the interior and cleaning it all haha.

oh my mistake i get ya now im a little slow mate after a few vitamin b's

garrett
12th May 2012, 10:09 PM
nice idea, i have a ute tho so its under my seat