PDA

View Full Version : Quickest way to Brisbane from Hunter Valley

Rip'n'Shred
2nd May 2012, 10:01 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows from first hand experience if it would be quicker to drive from Singleton to Brisbane via the Pacific Hwy or the New England Hwy.

I am going there thursday night, friday morning early hours to pick up my new patrol (second hand :)

I am a little worried about wildlife hits, especially in the car I'm driving up there to trade in.

Any info would be great.

Bigrig
2nd May 2012, 10:17 PM
Hey mate, go Pacific if the concern is animals ... new England is good at night with limited traffic and the trucks (heaps of them) usually sort the wildlife out well before you get there, but best to be safe. I have travelled both literally more than 15-20 times each at day and night and find the New England to be less "boring" as such, but Pacific is marginally quicker and safer (generally).

Sir Roofy
2nd May 2012, 10:18 PM
the only wild life there mate are 60t b doubles low flying

Silver
2nd May 2012, 10:19 PM
quicker to fly? What suburb is the car in? Maybe one of us can collect you (or not if it is a looonnnggg way :-) )

Last time I went via the Bucketts Way. Don't go that way.

I used to think that the New England was better because it had more dual carriageway. Out of habit I haven't used the Pacific much.

Maybe check NRMA site, or RACQ site for travel times?

NissanGQ4.2
2nd May 2012, 10:21 PM
quicker to fly? What suburb is the car in? Maybe one of us can collect you (or not if it is a looonnnggg way :-) )

He is trading his car in, hence the drive

Rip'n'Shred
2nd May 2012, 10:29 PM
Yep unfortunately got to drive trade in up there.

Misses wants to go pacific, seems a bit safer, kind of.

Definitely not going buckets way. I know that road!

Just can't wait to get rid of the BT50 and get behind the wheel of the patrol. :)

Bigrig
2nd May 2012, 10:31 PM
Yep unfortunately got to drive trade in up there.

Misses wants to go pacific, seems a bit safer, kind of.

Definitely not going buckets way. I know that road!

Just can't wait to get rid of the BT50 and get behind the wheel of the patrol. :)

So we catching up for a quick coldie on Friday when you're here??? Happy to come to wherever you are ... happy to bring beer!!! lmao

Rip'n'Shred
3rd May 2012, 10:24 AM
Haha, would like to but taking the kids and misses too. I don't think they would be all that understanding of dad having a beer while they wait again after a 10hr drive, while seaworld waits for them.

Thanks anyway.

NissanGQ4.2
3rd May 2012, 06:16 PM
I don't think they would be all that understanding of dad having a beer while they wait again after a 10hr drive, while seaworld waits for them.

Drop them @ seaworld then go have beers, do some wheelin in the new patrol.....pick them up a few days later......they will be understanding *L*

Rip'n'Shred
4th May 2012, 10:45 PM
Well finally got her.

Been a huge day, left home at 2:30 am this morning, got back to hotel with the patrol at 5:00pm. Done the pacific in about 9hrs with 2 stops. Good run.

Kicking back, sinking bundy's after a big feed of seafood.

Here's the thread

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=11279

nomadTech87
2nd September 2012, 10:04 PM
looks like I'm a few months too late but anyway on the off chance anyone else ever needs : I have to drive both new england and pacific regularly for work. I'd avoid the Pacific at all costs if possible as it is one of the most dangerous roads in Australia. (400 deaths since 1995) and with the roadworks still ongoing it's a much slower drive. Last time I took a trainee up to Grafton on the Pacific we passed 2 separate truck accidents and an overturned caravan