PDA

View Full Version : Big Spare Tire Support For The Rear Door

Ade
2nd May 2012, 09:23 PM
Gday guys,

This is how I avoid my rear door or its hinges from cracking with a 315x16 spare tire on it. I was about to make a proper spare wheel carrier attached to the rear bar but came up with this idea that is pretty easy to make so I give it a go and now been using this set up for about a year with lots of driving on a long corrugated and gravel road with no cracking or rattling issues.

I used 3'' angle bar and 3 sets of M12 s/s bolts and nuts. Its a bit limited to tire sizes as in my set up it will only suit 35'' and 36'' but its height adjustable with the jacking bolt to suit a worn tire.

Hope this will give peoples some idea who intend to fit or make their own custom rear bar.

Cheers,
Ade

Bigrig
2nd May 2012, 09:25 PM
What a supremely good idea mate!!! I've just organised to borrow a pipe bender from a mate to make the new rear bar, so this will be on the agenda also -- thanks a million for posting!!!!

Ade
2nd May 2012, 09:27 PM
And in my set up, I had the factory spare tire mount moved up about couple of inches too..

Silver
2nd May 2012, 09:28 PM
that's clever.

Ade
2nd May 2012, 09:30 PM
What a supremely good idea mate!!! I've just organised to borrow a pipe bender from a mate to make the new rear bar, so this will be on the agenda also -- thanks a million for posting!!!!

;) Thanks to you too boss..glad you like it.

Rip'n'Shred
2nd May 2012, 09:47 PM
Sounds great, can't see pics, forum is playing up on me

growler2058
2nd May 2012, 09:48 PM
I thought it was tappacrap I can't see em either

Tappin N Crappin

Rip'n'Shred
2nd May 2012, 09:52 PM
I'm on tappa crap too. Can't open in browser through tappa crap even.

Clunk
2nd May 2012, 09:56 PM
That makes three of us then lol.......... dam technology

Tap off!!!!!!!

Bigrig
2nd May 2012, 10:18 PM
I used tapatalk on the iPad and can see them??

megatexture
2nd May 2012, 10:19 PM
great idea mate i did a similar thing to my camper after i mounted a 33" on its rear door only i supported the door not the tyre when its shut using this same idea nice work!

Winnie
2nd May 2012, 10:25 PM
I'm tappin and can also see it no problemo

Tappa tappa

Clunk
2nd May 2012, 10:31 PM
I used tapatalk on the iPad and can see them??

But that was before AB broke the forum...... lol

are, what a great Idea ........ this wouldwork for any size wheel but obviously the spare wheel mount would need to be lowered or raised depending on the size of tyre......... now there's an idea, where's the Ferret ????????

Ade
3rd May 2012, 01:52 AM
:gossip: guys..what is with all this tappa tappin crappa crappin stuff....???

timbar
3rd May 2012, 02:16 AM
:gossip: guys..what is with all this tappa tappin crappa crappin stuff....???

its a application for forums on your mobile phone call tappa talk

Ade
3rd May 2012, 02:32 AM
its a application for forums on your mobile phone call tappa talk

Mmmmmm..need some upgrade with the computer. What version is the Windows now..I still got this Vista working fine LOL