PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 Run on after turning key off

guterra
2nd May 2012, 08:44 PM
Hi,

Just a quick question... Does the ZD30 (02 series 3) have a fuel cut off solenoid to stop run on after turning the key off?

I am aware the other diesels do but haven't been able to figure out if the 3ltr does... (well haven't had a good look yet..)

It only does it every now and then. Not all the time, but its becoming more frequent. It doesn't have any other issues with starting or running, etc, only shutdown.

powkers
3rd May 2012, 04:04 AM
Is motor takes oil ??
Is it heats??
Where is the indication of temperature ??

guterra
3rd May 2012, 10:07 AM
Oil is delo400
86degrees as always been on ecutalk
Still cooling down below 200 degrees betore shutdown...

Nothing has changed out of usual. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. Can pin point to an exact thing causing it, that's why I was wondering if a solenoid has gone dickie...

guterra
3rd May 2012, 10:09 AM
*Cant pin point* (can't edit post in tapatalk)

johno90
4th May 2012, 07:40 PM
Check your oil level to much oil can cause it. shut of solenoid on injector pump not fully closing.

guterra
22nd July 2012, 10:01 PM
Just for the record.... Found problem. It had to do with intercooler thermo fan. A dodgy relay caused it to backfeed a signal up the ignition line... yeah I know it's weird, but I worked out that if I shutdown with fan on, it would run on for a few seconds. If I shutdown with fan off, it wouldn't do it. Replaced relay and now all is good.

FeintStain
24th July 2012, 10:00 PM
Hi guterra

I may have the same problem. When I switch off, the engine always runs on for a few seconds - I thought it was due to massive flywheel slowing down. Can you detail which relay and what test I should perform to confirm this issue is the same as yours.

Cheers

fs

guterra
26th July 2012, 08:08 PM
Hey mate,

I have an ASE intercooler on the wagon, and it came with a underslung fan. The relay that this fan was driven by is hooked up to ignition with a switch so I can turn fan on and off... It was this relay that was causing problems for me... If I left fan on and turned key off, the fan would stop and the engine kept running for another 3-5 seconds. If I turned the fan off before I turned car off, the engine would stop straight away. Ive since replaced relay and now the fan and engine stop straight away.