PDA

View Full Version : Testing Logging out issues

taslucas
1st May 2012, 08:34 PM
Just testing logging out issues.

taslucas
1st May 2012, 08:41 PM
Vbulletin allows user timeout. This is typically set low (i.e. a few minutes). Normally this can be overridden by a cookie (what the remember me box does)

If you have this box checked and it's not working it's likely one of three things:
- Your browser is not set to accept cookies
- You are browsing in "private mode" or your browser is not set to store history
- Your browser is set to clear history on exit and is clearing the cookies down on every tab/window close. Common in shared sites like schools/libraries etc...
- Some browsers have a "resubmit info on refresh" setting that is set to off. This will ignore the cookie and prompt for credentials on every page refresh for some vbulletin installations

NissanGQ4.2
1st May 2012, 09:38 PM
testing logging out issues

taslucas
1st May 2012, 10:00 PM
Cool thanks for the info Lucas,um I mean Todd! Strange thing is that it comes and goes. Tonight it was fine when I was on the lappy, didn't get kicked off at all:). (fairly slow but that's because I'm using the wireless broadband in a different area than usual).

Tap, crackle, pop

taslucas
1st May 2012, 10:26 PM
this is so weird, I got kicked out earlier under your username. The only thing is if you get logged out then I will also be logged out, Did that make sense twin brother Lucas, Does it feel like your talking to yourself *LMAO*

Working on it still is all I can say

NissanGQ4.2
1st May 2012, 10:45 PM
Cookie Monster......mmmm yum cookies :)

Google Analytics Cookies

http://www.morevisibility.com/analyticsblog/from-__utma-to-__utmz-google-analytics-cookies.html

taslucas
2nd May 2012, 08:42 AM
Ok im posting here. Its the morning now and i never get kicked off in the morning , always runs fast and good. some of my best work is done in the morning! lol