PDA

View Full Version : what lift kit would best suit my needs

luvpsi
30th April 2012, 09:33 PM
hey guys im looking at a lift kit for my gq i only want a 2" lift but cannot decide on brands etc. im going to be alot of beach and bush track work. i have a arb steel bullbar with winch and soon to be dual batteries. i dont tow anything but have drawers with recovery gear and camping gear in the back. i have a fairly tight budget. i dont need anyone to fit as i can fit myself however i wanna try and keep it under 1K if possiblle. im tossing up between ironman OME and suspension stuff's felxy coil kit. what would you guys suggest

growler2058
30th April 2012, 09:44 PM
I think they're all ok mate but I don't know much about the flexi coils they sound good if they perform

OME been around forever and are a proven good product

Tappin N Crappin

Bigrig
30th April 2012, 09:47 PM
Dhucks brother has 2" flexi coils on his GQ and they are superb ...

nissannewby
30th April 2012, 10:11 PM
OME are great for all round work and are as tough as nails i have had a set of shocks in my ute for about 150k no troubles

MudRunnerTD
30th April 2012, 10:32 PM
Ironman should never be mentioned in the same breathe as OME or Suspension stuff mate. Junk. For your budget of $1k you should have no trouble getting OME and they are second to none. Easy choice! OME all the way bud.

Enjoy

mitchgq
1st May 2012, 10:48 AM
agreed. ironman is not the best available talk to shane at suspension stuff, i got a 3inch lift with drop boxes and all the bits sent to my door for 1200. happy as. it had dobinson coils and sus stuff shocks , i cant fault either.

luvpsi
1st May 2012, 01:37 PM
What coils should I use with ome

nissannewby
1st May 2012, 01:40 PM
OME coils with OME shocks bloke tried and true

luvpsi
1st May 2012, 01:43 PM
Sounds good to me who is a good dealer in Perth for ome

nissannewby
1st May 2012, 01:47 PM
Usually arb are a dealer for them but if you jump on their website it should be able to point you in the right direction.

luvpsi
1st May 2012, 01:54 PM
Ok cool I'll have a loOk

madmike
1st May 2012, 10:02 PM
take a look at suspension stuff they have a lot of different set-ups and for the $1000 mark. Also they are very helpful with sending the components that are most suitable for what you require. I went for a 3 inch lift and upgraded the shocks to tough dog I'm very happy with the lift that I installed

TheFlyingBadger
25th May 2012, 09:11 PM
I put a 2" King/Koni lift onto my GU for about the $1000 mark. I'll have a chat with you on sunday about it

luvpsi
25th May 2012, 10:59 PM
sounds good jon cheers so much to choose from