PDA

View Full Version : Electric Windows Again?! 98 GU Patrol

ozzymalone
30th April 2012, 02:50 PM
Riddle me this.

Why do all of my electric windows work only through the main (drivers') switchboard?
And NO, i haven't got them "locked".
What should I be looking for to remedy this?

All help is appreciated believe you me.:bananarock:

dan&tamspatrol
30th April 2012, 04:55 PM
mate would love to know this to as i have the exact same problem

Bigrig
30th April 2012, 05:08 PM
Sounds like one for Rocket Rod!!!!

YENDOR!!!!!!!!!! Over to you mate!!! lol

Hang tight lads, help is not far away (he's a genius I tells ya!!!!).

dan&tamspatrol
30th April 2012, 05:11 PM
i bloody hope so coz missus keep winging her window dont work lol

Bigrig
30th April 2012, 05:14 PM
i bloody hope so coz missus keep winging her window dont work lol

Tell her it's a safety feature!! lmao

dan&tamspatrol
30th April 2012, 05:16 PM
lmfao dont think she will buy it

my third 256
30th April 2012, 05:33 PM
try this thread and there is also som other ones under windows
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?9357-Im-gettin-Dizzy-can-you-help-Elec-Windows-prob.&p=198875#post198875

Yendor
30th April 2012, 06:38 PM
Ozzy and Dan,

It it all passenger windows (LHF and both rear windows) that don't work from their own switches?

If you put the windows down with the drivers switch can you put them up with their own switch?

dan&tamspatrol
30th April 2012, 06:45 PM
for me LHF doesnt work with its switch at all LHR goes down but not up RHR works fine

Yendor
30th April 2012, 07:39 PM
for me LHF doesnt work with its switch at all LHR goes down but not up RHR works fine

The problem with your LHR window is more then likely its switch, as long as the white wire at the back of the switch has power in it with the ignition on.

The easiest way to check it is to remove the LHR window switch, turn the ignition on and use a test light to confirm the white wire has power in it. If it does you can swap the switch with the RHR one to confirm.

Your LHF window problem is more then likely its switch as well, once again just confirm that the white wire also has power in it. I'm not sure if this switch is interchangeable with the RHR switch or not, if the connectors are the same it should be.

You can carefully pull the switches apart and clean the contacts or just replace them.

dan&tamspatrol
30th April 2012, 07:41 PM
thanks mate will try this when i get a spare minute or 2 cheers

twiggsy
25th September 2012, 10:49 AM
Just wanted to post a thanks on this topic. I had this problem on my 98 patrol where my back window wouldn't wind down. Pulled my arm rest apart and cleaned around the switch now works like normal!!! Easy to do as well. Especially for someone like me who is completely non mechanical lol.