PDA

View Full Version : Front seats needs moving

MEGOMONSTER
29th April 2012, 08:29 PM
I am in need of someone that can move my front driver seat back an inch or two.
I have found no one that wants to do it cos of the driver side airbag.
I am 6'4" tall (194cm) and my knees are millimeters from the dash and would like the seats moved back.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Clunk
29th April 2012, 08:36 PM
Don't mean to sound rude but you must have giraffe legs or something......... my bro is 6'7 and has no problem at all in his GU, and although im a shortly at 6'3 I di have giraffe legs but also do not have trouble in a GU.......... now my GQ, well things are a little squishy in there lol

Tap tap tappity crap

boots
29th April 2012, 08:41 PM
Not sure of your location mate but you could try jamieson auto fit in Melbourne '' google them '' . I have used them years ago on a seat mod and they were great .

MEGOMONSTER
29th April 2012, 08:42 PM
Don't mean to sound rude but you must have giraffe legs or something......... my bro is 6'7 and has no problem at all in his GU, and although im a shortly at 6'3 I di have giraffe legs but also do not have trouble in a GU.......... now my GQ, well things are a little squishy in there lol

Tap tap tappity crap

I am wondering if my custom bucket seats has changed the way you sit in my seat cos my mate older GU 2005 has a little more space but not mine.

MEGOMONSTER
29th April 2012, 08:45 PM
Not sure of your location mate but you could try jamieson auto fit in Melbourne '' google them '' . I have used them years ago on a seat mod and they were great .

I tried they won't do it cos they won't get the engineers cert cos of the airbag.
By law they can't touch the seat cos of the airbag

MudRunnerTD
29th April 2012, 08:49 PM
I am wondering if my custom bucket seats has changed the way you sit in my seat cos my mate older GU 2005 has a little more space but not mine.

I tried they won't do it cos they won't get the engineers cert cos of the airbag.
By law they can't touch the seat cos of the airbag

So the guy that Built your Custom Bucket Seats did not consider that you are 6'4"?? Did he do a mod plate for those custom seats? go back to that bloke mate?

AB
29th April 2012, 09:09 PM
Sounds a bit strange but I'm 6'3" and find that angling the seat back a bit helps with the giraffe legs on the GQ. An inch or two back would be ideal but I find angling the seat helps a lot.

MEGOMONSTER
29th April 2012, 10:24 PM

So the guy that Built your Custom Bucket Seats did not consider that you are 6'4"?? Did he do a mod plate for those custom seats? go back to that bloke mate?

Alphaline did my seats and they too refused to do the mod

MEGOMONSTER
29th April 2012, 10:30 PM
Sounds a bit strange but I'm 6'3" and find that angling the seat back a bit helps with the giraffe legs on the GQ. An inch or two back would be ideal but I find angling the seat helps a lot.

I find I get a sore back when tilting the seat back from its position now but I will try your suggestion tomorrow morning and see if it's make any difference.
Today whilst driving, I only had a finger space between my knee and the dash on the side where the radio is, I also feel that my legs are more upright them elongated

Clunk
29th April 2012, 11:23 PM
I find I get a sore back when tilting the seat back from its position now but I will try your suggestion tomorrow morning and see if it's make any difference.
Today whilst driving, I only had a finger space between my knee and the dash on the side where the radio is, I also feel that my legs are more upright them elongated

Its gotta be your custom seats man.......

Tap tap tappity crap

nissannewby
30th April 2012, 12:09 PM
Is there room for the seat to be lowered at all? You wont get many people that will mod the new cars cos its all under the safety thing its as safe as it is cos of where and how everything works. If you do mod this you will unlikely to be able to get insurance cover (if they know about) As much as its a little niggling at the moment you may get use to it and it will retain the safety it has.

MEGOMONSTER
30th April 2012, 02:28 PM
Is there room for the seat to be lowered at all? You wont get many people that will mod the new cars cos its all under the safety thing its as safe as it is cos of where and how everything works. If you do mod this you will unlikely to be able to get insurance cover (if they know about) As much as its a little niggling at the moment you may get use to it and it will retain the safety it has.

I think I will have to let this slide, and get use to it.
It really isn't that uncomfortable just annoying.

MelSimon
30th April 2012, 05:40 PM
Just wondering if you had any luck with that seat adjustment? My truck is an 08 GU and the seat is great for me, but my husband is just short of 7ft. Thanks.

MelSimon
30th April 2012, 07:06 PM
Sorry make that 6ft 7in.

MEGOMONSTER
30th April 2012, 07:20 PM
Just wondering if you had any luck with that seat adjustment? My truck is an 08 GU and the seat is great for me, but my husband is just short of 7ft. Thanks.

If your Patrol has no driver side airbag then call Jamiesons autofit

MEGOMONSTER
28th May 2012, 09:51 PM
I have my driver seat moved back one inch with very little modified and it was the way my custom bucket seats were made that pushed me forward more than the standard seat.
I can't believe the difference one inch makes to the way you sit in the car, so much better.

The BigFella
29th May 2012, 07:20 AM
sounds more like the seats to me,,,,,,,,, I have a SAAS seat and it gave me an extra 2 inches by the way it sits on the rails.
I'm 6f2i and done have any problems,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, like the dudes have pointed out above, do some measurements of your seats and start there.