PDA

View Full Version : Why don't copied post work properly?

NissanGQ4.2
29th April 2012, 07:59 AM
When I copy a thread that has pictures displayed in the post the copied version does not show the pictures, it only shows "Attachment 1234" and at the end of the post shows attached thumbnails.

Any thoughts peoples

rusty_nail
29th April 2012, 08:20 AM
are you talking about that locked DIY thread b4? ill see if i can shed some light. ill get back to you shortly

rusty_nail
29th April 2012, 08:56 AM
so your problem is the way this site is written. AB and i have had a similar problem before(when trying to implement an auto counter on video hits). we realised that the site is written in HTML code, however you IE browser converts it to PHP (i think) i did up a thread in the test area to show i had managed to copy the thread. let me know if you need my help anymore?

NissanGQ4.2
29th April 2012, 09:17 AM
so your problem is the way this site is written. AB and i have had a similar problem before(when trying to implement an auto counter on video hits). we realised that the site is written in HTML code, however you IE browser converts it to PHP (i think) i did up a thread in the test area to show i had managed to copy the thread. let me know if you need my help anymore?

Show off...........................ok enlighten me mate..how did you copy it over then???

I am using Google not IE but guessing it does the same as IE, + I am using the copy function in the admin tools so one would think that would work regardless.

Yes it was the locked gearbox thread.

I had copied that thread earlier and it copied over fine, but deleted the thread for other reasons and done it again and didn't work!

I hate computers!!!!!!! *L*

rusty_nail
29th April 2012, 09:42 PM
haha ok well the only way i could easily work out was to copy the page code, then change it all back to HTML(manually) unfortunately this was time consuming. if you like i can email you the first part of it. the second part should only take about 5 mins to convert to HTMl using word. PM me if you want my email addy =)