PDA

View Full Version : Dreampot

paulasandmark
28th April 2012, 01:32 PM
HI

Just looking for some personal experience with people using dreampots? Thinking of buying one

Thanks
paula

AB
28th April 2012, 09:11 PM
Had to look that up, never heard of it...Hopefully someone who has one can shed some light....Interested!

growler2058
28th April 2012, 09:19 PM
Is that like a new name for wacky tabaccy?

Bigrig
28th April 2012, 09:35 PM
I used a dream pot once ... married someone else though!!! LMFAO!!!

Hope someone can provide better help than me mate - never heard of them either.

wildgu6
28th April 2012, 09:42 PM
I used a dream pot once ... married someone else though!!! LMFAO!!!

never heard of them either.

LMAO Scotty, nice work mate.
X2 on the dream pot though, never heard of it, something like a farmer wants a wife ????

http://www.dreampot.com.au/

http://www.dreampot.com.au/product/40-delicious-recipes-for-thermal-cooking/

Yappa tappa doo

Silver
28th April 2012, 10:02 PM
The main thing that has stopped me buying one is that I have had a spectacular run of bad luck with name and no name brand stainless vac flasks.

I can see a real application when touring, or even when stopped for a couple of nights - dinner can be doing its thing while out playing. Just the thing for the feed me right now starving kid :-)

But then again, a fro2en vac sealed stew is pretty easy to reheat. I gather they can do a lot more than stews!

pearcey
29th April 2012, 03:31 PM
Don`t have one myself but know about six couples with one. They all say the same that they work great .
but most don`t use them any more or have sold them on. They are very convenient for first night out when preparation is done at home , but when camping it is alot easier to cook on the spot as mentioned with premade meals especially with todays cheap stoves etc Ask around a bit more as they are, as I said very good an may suit your needs

Sir Roofy
29th April 2012, 04:08 PM
We have one .good for the first night out when your camping
but then you cook on the stove after that or the last night
you might do a camp oven,they are good though

Drew
29th April 2012, 08:22 PM
We have the Thermos version, seriously saweet.

We use it at home to make a curry with rice and the rice comes out soooo much better than a cooker.

Tymeup
29th April 2012, 09:14 PM
HI

Just looking for some personal experience with people using dreampots? Thinking of buying one

Thanks
paula

We have one, have had for 10 years. We think it is great. We used when travelling around Oz, if we knew we had to get some k's under our belt it was great to quickly prepare a meal before we packed up that morning, knowing that we might arrive late at the next camp. Arrive buggered and you don't have to worry about tea as it is all ready done. If it was a really long day, 8 hours plus, you might have to reheat it a bit.

We have also used it at home. They do have their place and we haven't really experimented as much as people on the website have. There is a massive range of things you can do with these things.

Cheers.

Ty.

gmoneeeee
14th June 2013, 05:48 PM
I have never heard of a dream pot.

Tymeup
14th June 2013, 06:06 PM
I have never heard of a dream pot.

Get amongst it mate, very handy bit of kit. 1001 uses, especially if your taveling.

Cheers.