PDA

View Full Version : Hazard Lights GU 199 2.8TD

robbo0001
27th April 2012, 11:39 PM
Rightyo,

had a short in the front right indicator (ARB bar light....full of old water, rusted out).
This started a fire in the flasher can behind the centre console, which I extinguished pretty quickly, (there was a 30 Amp fuse in the holder.....second hand car:mad:)
Flasher was melted, wiring and plug look good.

Replaced the flasher can with a generic brand (fastest way of fixing indicators)....now my indicators work perfectly, but hazards are stuffed.

Thinking I need a Nissan flasher can (a heap of circuitry in the burnt module, generic can has bugger all)....

Anyone have a wiring diagram, or experience with this circuit?

Looking at flames coming out near your feet, while driving.......sucks, to put it mildly:biggrin:

All front bar lights rewired and earths re-run....just hazard function faulty now (thinking switch or flasher...or open circuit?)

Any help appreciated..
cheers
Robbo

Yendor
27th April 2012, 11:51 PM
Have you checked if the hazard light fuse is blown?

The hazard light fuse is in the fuse box under the bonnet in the GUs.

robbo0001
27th April 2012, 11:56 PM
Shit mate....didn't even know there was a Hazard fuse....I have replaced 2 x 7.5A fuses already, one in the engine bay and one in kick panel near drivers right foot (thought indicators/ direction light fuses)
Will check again and see what I can find

Yendor
28th April 2012, 11:55 AM
The hazard light fuse is fuse 48 in the fuse box under the bonnet.

From factory it is a 10 amp fuse.

With the extra lights you have in your bull bar and trailer you may want to increase this (unless the extra lights are LEDs).

robbo0001
30th April 2012, 08:51 PM
On the money, thanks Yendor.:clapping:

The 7.5A fuse I replaced in the engine bay should have been a 10A.....hazards and indicators working perfectly.

Thanks for the help

Yendor
30th April 2012, 08:59 PM
Good stuff.

I have to fluke something every now and then....lol