PDA

View Full Version : Heat switch

Superoo
25th April 2012, 06:10 PM
Hi all,
Does anyone know anything about a switch which is located on the right hand side of the steering wheel,it has heat on it?
I've just purchused my Patrol 03 GU and I switched it on but nothing happens I think..
Thanks.

the evil twin
25th April 2012, 06:35 PM
Hi all,
Does anyone know anything about a switch which is located on the right hand side of the steering wheel,it has heat on it?
I've just purchused my Patrol 03 GU and I switched it on but nothing happens I think..
Thanks.

Is it a ZD30?

If so it is an electronic "fast idle".

When it is switched on with the gear selctor in neutral and the clutch out the idle RPM should increase to about 1200 ish.

Used for warming the engine in cold climates... not sure what temp it switches out at if at all when the engine warms up but mine stays at higher idle and is very handy for keeping the Alternator output up when winching etc.

BribieAndy
13th June 2017, 03:24 PM
re the 'Heat Switch' - being in Qld I haven't needed to use it - perhaps this winter (perhaps not) :o Anyway it appears that as soon as you put the car in gear and take off, the heat switch is turned off. Only used when stopped in Park (auto) and Neutral (man). However thanks for the tip re the use of the switch when winching

jp4294
28th December 2017, 07:17 PM
Bit of an older thread but I'm wondering if anyone has bypassed the temperature sensor so it can be used when the engine is already warm? That way it'd be perfect for winching/jump starting/etc.