PDA

View Full Version : Tore Front Spring Hanger off Chassis - SWB MK Patrol

Cameronero
25th April 2012, 10:35 AM
Well, went out the other weekend for a bit of a drive and started hearing some real nasty noises coming from the front of the Troll. Got out to have a look, and I've managed to rip the Spring Hanger right off the Chassis on the front passenger side. I was lucky enough that it still sat on the chassis rail instead of dropping off completely, so was able to limp it home.

Now from a couple of things I've read here and there, this isn't that much of an uncommon issue. I'll post some photo's up to accompany my sad story so that you can see what I'm talking about, and the extent of the damage.

What I'd like is some feedback on how this can or should be repaired, and where you managed to pick up new Spring Hangers (or if you made them). Any personal experiences would be great. I'm hoping that its relatively easily fixable, and not the kinda issue that means I might as well start parting out the MK...

Anyway, thanks in advance for the help.

-Lyle

GQ TANK
25th April 2012, 02:02 PM
You shoukd be able to get a welder to weld on plates and reuse the old hanger (if its not damaged)

MQ MAD
25th April 2012, 05:50 PM
The factory spring hanger usually break the welds on the chassis
Just realign the spring hanger on the chassis and reweld the thing
Simple to do , make sure its welded properly with good weld to metal penetration

Very common issue with the MQ/MK models