PDA

View Full Version : MK Steering Components

SUPER SLUG
24th April 2012, 09:17 PM
hi all i was just wondering if anybody can list all the steering arms and drags links under the front of a MK patrol , power steer if that makes any difference,, have done many normal car front ends before but never a 4x4 , the reason for this is i'm going to replace everything and trying to find prices (when you don't know what they are it makes it hard to find lol)
much appreciated
matty

Finly Owner
24th April 2012, 10:40 PM
I'll get back to you

Tim

GQ TANK
25th April 2012, 01:07 PM
ROODOGS carry a lot of the bits

SUPER SLUG
26th April 2012, 12:01 AM
had a look on roodogs website , they have gq stuff and there in melbourn i'm in brisbane

iansmqshotyy
26th April 2012, 08:31 PM
any good parts store can do all tie rods , idler arm, pitman arm, drag link, theyh are easy sourced and well listed( ive done hard parts for near ten years) try your local auto pro store they tend to have the most experianced staff. if you have troubles ill get you the part numbers one of my mates still works where i used to at auto pro here in hervey bay.

GQ TANK
27th April 2012, 10:59 AM
Ro dogs "new" store is in melbourne, but they started off as a online store will ship

SUPER SLUG
1st May 2012, 10:07 PM
ok as the thread reads i was chasing all the steering parts for the SLUG
i have been on egay chasing parts ( found all the parts and prices) ,
had my son a mechanic get prices and list from his dealer ( they could only supply half the parts and prices)
tried ROODOGS online (they have great stuff but most of there stuff starts from GQ)
have looked at autobarn , ( prices way to high)
and wouldn't even consider supercrud ( bahahahahahahaha cough cough )

I was about to do the egay thing pay and wait for parts three days a week or two when i though to myself
(mmmmm the local parts shop on the corner i pass everyday 500 meters from where i live) i'll go just check there,
i usualy go there for my ef, xf ford parts and low and be hold he has every thing and cheaper than everywhere else..

so here's the list of parts about to be relaced and prices

LH Tie rod $94
RH Tie rod $54
Draglink $185
Centre rod $120
idler arm bush kit $20
steering damper $120
power steering box rebuild kit $135

why didn't i just do that in the first place LOL

Steve879
15th May 2012, 02:16 PM
My race MK had al lthe front upgraded to a heim link setup before i bought it, its great, i also run a good steering dampner which makes a big difference too. I don't get any of the nasty shakes or wandering that can happen in these old girls. ill dig out a picture.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/goanna_2006/879%20Offroad%20Racing%20Patrol/40012_483483309814_782124814_6827490_858829_n.jpg

Finly Owner
15th May 2012, 10:01 PM
ok as the thread reads i was chasing all the steering parts for the SLUG
i have been on egay chasing parts ( found all the parts and prices) ,
had my son a mechanic get prices and list from his dealer ( they could only supply half the parts and prices)
tried ROODOGS online (they have great stuff but most of there stuff starts from GQ)
have looked at autobarn , ( prices way to high)
and wouldn't even consider supercrud ( bahahahahahahaha cough cough )

I was about to do the egay thing pay and wait for parts three days a week or two when i though to myself
(mmmmm the local parts shop on the corner i pass everyday 500 meters from where i live) i'll go just check there,
i usualy go there for my ef, xf ford parts and low and be hold he has every thing and cheaper than everywhere else..

so here's the list of parts about to be relaced and prices

LH Tie rod $94
RH Tie rod $54
Draglink $185
Centre rod $120
idler arm bush kit $20
steering damper $120
power steering box rebuild kit $135

why didn't i just do that in the first place LOL
So who is the Retailer? Give them a free plug here Mate. I'm certainly happy to deal with peple who aren't interested in ripping us off.

Tim