PDA

View Full Version : Is the forum running slow for you??????????

AB
23rd April 2012, 08:10 PM
Have any members noticed the forum taking a while to load some times?

In particular, members who are not forum sponsors so members who see the advertisments???

When it loads and it starts to hang I have noticed it hangs on trying to load ad.amgdgt.com.....You can see this in the bottom left hand corner of the screen if you are running Chrome...Not sure on Explorer or Firefox.

This is an ad management program from the company who runs some of the ads on here. Can anyone please confirm if it happens to you as well???

Also, how are the forum sponsors finding the speed as they do not see ads. Is it acceptable speed too?

Even if you are a new member, I would really appreciate your feedback on this please???

I'm happy to remove this to ensure everyone is satisfied with using the forum!!!

Maxhead
23rd April 2012, 08:13 PM
Seems pretty good here mate, no complaints. The "what's new" can take a while to load up sometimes but has been pretty good of late

AB
23rd April 2012, 08:14 PM
I think the Whats New can hang because we are all impatient buggers and probably have hundreds of people trying to run that one call to action every minute of the day....You dont see adds so your happy with the speed when you browse posts, etc???

Maxhead
23rd April 2012, 08:15 PM
I think the Whats New can hang because we are all impatient buggers and probably have hundreds of people trying to run that one call to action every minute of the day....You dont see adds so your happy with the speed when you browse posts, etc???

Speed is pretty instant to me mate, all good. I just tried different sections and no problems

the ferret
23rd April 2012, 08:19 PM
All good Andy, no problemo Mate.
Cheers, the ferret.

Silver
23rd April 2012, 08:19 PM
All good here, AB.

And since we are chatting, thanks for all you do!

AB
23rd April 2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks guys....Cheers for the comment too mate. I'm pretty sure it is the company who run the adds on here. The ad program takes 10 seconds to load sometimes and I dont want members getting peed with that. I might have to remove it unfortunately.

I really need non forum sponsors to reply...I noticed it hanging today and Growler is having problems now. He sees the adds being a moderator.

Maxhead
23rd April 2012, 08:28 PM
I just logged out and played around as a guest and it is a bit slower but not concerning slow. About 4-5 secs to load the forum. Similar when jumping into different sections

dan&tamspatrol
seems pretty normal to me ab

AB
Just removed the top and bottom adds and it seems to run lightning fast...Just waiting on Growler to confirm via PM.

AB
23rd April 2012, 08:29 PM
seems pretty normal to me ab

I just removed the adds and it seems to be running super fast...You must have just jumped on as I did this...lol

dan&tamspatrol
23rd April 2012, 08:31 PM
lol poor timing it hasnt been bad all night but

taslucas
23rd April 2012, 08:33 PM
Seems to slow down a bit between 6pm and 8pm for me( both on tappatalk and laptop running firefox). I just thought it was probably the most common time with a lot of demand on the site.
But it does seem to be a little slower tonight even though I'm on tappatalk? Maybe I'm just imagining it?

tappin it

AB
23rd April 2012, 08:37 PM
Nah 6pm-10pm is prime time with shiploads of people. I think the top and bottom banner ads are causing this because It's running ten times better with them gone.

I'll put them back on now and see how it goes...May have to remove these altogether.

taslucas
23rd April 2012, 08:47 PM
The ads shouldn't affect tappatalk though should they?

tappin it

dan&tamspatrol
23rd April 2012, 08:49 PM
Nah 6pm-10pm is prime time with shiploads of people. I think the top and bottom banner ads are causing this because It's running ten times better with them gone.

I'll put them back on now and see how it goes...May have to remove these altogether.

ur right definitely slower with them up

AB
The ads shouldn't affect tappatalk though should they?

tappin it

No, Tappa problems would be 50/50......Too many people on at once and sometimes 3G or home wireless can get slow, well mine does anyway....lol

AB
ur right definitely slower with them up

Yeah ok, thanks mate....How long do you wait on page load....More than 5 seconds???

dan&tamspatrol
23rd April 2012, 08:52 PM
nah couple of seconds tops but noticed the difference with the ads gone

taslucas
23rd April 2012, 08:59 PM
No, Tappa problems would be 50/50......Too many people on at once and sometimes 3G or home wireless can get slow, well mine does anyway....lol

The price I pay for laying on the couch! Lol

tappin it

megatexture
23rd April 2012, 10:33 PM
mines been running sweet the whole time no difference either way and my comp is working its ass off with multiple pages and programs open

gbab01
23rd April 2012, 10:38 PM
Only been a member for about a week and haven't noticed any difference over that time. All good.

Clunk
23rd April 2012, 11:07 PM
Have any members noticed the forum taking a while to load some times?

In particular, members who are not forum sponsors so members who see the advertisments???

When it loads and it starts to hang I have noticed it hangs on trying to load ad.amgdgt.com.....You can see this in the bottom left hand corner of the screen if you are running Chrome...Not sure on Explorer or Firefox.

This is an ad management program from the company who runs some of the ads on here. Can anyone please confirm if it happens to you as well???

Also, how are the forum sponsors finding the speed as they do not see ads. Is it acceptable speed too?

Even if you are a new member, I would really appreciate your feedback on this please???

I'm happy to remove this to ensure everyone is satisfied with using the forum!!!

Yeah mate, see that from time to time when on the lappy using chrome but no biggy, speed is great most of the time too

Tap tap tappity crap

AB
24th April 2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback!!