PDA

View Full Version : 6.2 lt Chev V8

kkrogs
22nd April 2012, 07:08 PM
Hi im thinking of converting my 4.8lt patrol to a chevy 6,2 lt V8 diesel just wondering if anyone has done this and if they could pass on any info that be good

NissanGQ4.2
22nd April 2012, 08:24 PM
Hi im thinking of converting my 4.8lt patrol to a chevy 6,2 lt V8 diesel just wondering if anyone has done this and if they could pass on any info that be good

Sorry mate, can't help with the conversion, when you get a chance please drop past the introduction thread found here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

and tell us a bit about yourself and your rig.

Cheers

Todd

kkrogs
23rd April 2012, 08:36 PM
I just bout a gu3 pretty much stock standard and is in good condition so I slowly gonna do it up this is my first patrol so any info would've good

Clunk
23rd April 2012, 08:57 PM
I've heard these motors aren't the most reliable of things........ we see plenty converted trols come up for sale in WA, so must be a reason. Id be sticking with the 4.8 til it dies mate, thirsty it may be but a dam sight cheaper to run than the cost of getting it converted to the chevvy

Tap tap tappity crap

johno90
24th April 2012, 07:21 PM
6.2 and 6.5 diesels have massive strength problems with thier blocks even in n/a form. if you were thinking v8 diesel then save your pennies and go duramax.

kkrogs
24th April 2012, 07:57 PM
thanks mate just been looking around to change the petrol to a diesel the only reason i bought it i got it for a good price so yea what i really wouldn't mind is the new v6 diesel nissan launched thats in the narvara 550 also that be going into the new patrol later on?

97_gq_lwb
24th April 2012, 08:43 PM
I remember reading somewhere about a new 4.5 litre duramax .