PDA

View Full Version : Clutch taking very low down

pdawsonsa
22nd April 2012, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum, so here's a bit of BG about me and my new (old) patrol.

I am currently living in Zambia and have recently taken delivery of a 2001 Patrol GR 3.0 Turbo Diesel that I imported from the UK. In general, the car seems to be in great condition. I was initially concerned about all the small electric motors and the like that drive the seats etc, but all seems to be in great working condition. The only gripe I have thus far is that the clutch seems to take very low down. It seems to work very smoothly so I don't think that there is an actual clutch issue, but rather it might need a bit of adjustment. I was wondering whether it is a hydraulic or cable clutch, but unfortunately I only have the service sections of the manual and not the full manual. Incidentally, it was my search for an electronic manual that bought me to this forum. In Zambia, popping down to my local Nissan dealer is a 600km drive so I was wondering if it would be possible for me to adjust the clutch taking point by myself. If anyone can shed some light on the clutch specifics (while I slowly get through my 25, hopefully meaningful posts before I can DL the manual) I would really appreciate it.

Sorry for the ramble
Regards
Peter

taslucas
22nd April 2012, 06:27 PM
Gday Peter, Hopefully some one will be along soon to help you out with your question.
In the meantime can you hop over to the introductions section and give us a brief introduction about yourself. Its just something we ask all members to do:)
But anyway, Welcome to the forum mate, hope you enjoy your stay.

pdawsonsa
22nd April 2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks Lucas.

I'll do that.