PDA

View Full Version : Advice On Mickey Thompsons

fatmacca
25th September 2010, 10:29 PM
Hi, I am looking at getting some Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib or MTZ. I wondering if anyone has had any issues with them? Also after a recommended size, I have a stock GU, not looking to lift or anything in the near future however is on the to do list later on.

DX grunt
25th September 2010, 10:33 PM
G'day mate

Welcome to you and your GU to the forum. There's a thread and a poll on tyres somewhere, so feel free to have a look and vote.

Where abouts in OZ do you live?

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Maxhead
27th September 2010, 11:56 AM
This is the area Ross mentions above...http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?901-Tyre-Feedback-Mickey-Thompson
There's a bit of info on them there

ilikedonuts_10
10th December 2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks guys

Bigrig
12th December 2010, 12:53 AM
Yep - as per the link referenced by NissPat above, love the MT ATZ 4 Rib ... just did over 2500 klm's on them in 3 days on dirt, bitumen, heavy rain, and sticking hot heat, and they didn't miss a beat - good grip, not too noisy, etc ... had to scream to a near halt outside of Taroom due to a kangaroo that we nearly cleaned up (the ultimate test I guess) and they gripped as good as anything I've had previously - awesome off road also ...

Ruby
3rd April 2011, 01:14 AM
Did you end up getting the MT and your thoughts

YNOT
3rd April 2011, 07:16 AM
Did you end up getting the MT and your thoughts

Fatmacca hasn't been on the forum since September 25 last year so you might be waiting a while for a response.
Bigrig is very happy with his ATZ 4 rib tyres.
I have Mickey Thompson MTZ as my off road tyres and I'm very happy with them.

Tony

Bigrig
3rd April 2011, 07:44 AM
Fatmacca hasn't been on the forum since September 25 last year so you might be waiting a while for a response.
Bigrig is very happy with his ATZ 4 rib tyres.
I have Mickey Thompson MTZ as my off road tyres and I'm very happy with them.

Tony

Tony is spot on!! The ATZ 4 rib are fantastic. I'll be going to the MTZ's also in the near future though!!

Ruby
3rd April 2011, 04:13 PM
Tony, what rims are you running for your dedicated off-road tyres. Have been thinking of getting a separate dedicated road and offroad set. I've been happy with the BFGs ATs, but they sure are getting pricey.

I guess you picked them up from the wreckers or EBAY

TOOR

YNOT
3rd April 2011, 04:26 PM
Tony, what rims are you running for your dedicated off-road tyres. Have been thinking of getting a separate dedicated road and offroad set. I've been happy with the BFGs ATs, but they sure are getting pricey.

I guess you picked them up from the wreckers or EBAY

TOOR

No, brand new. 16x8 ROH trak II, -25 offset in silver. I've had them about 7 years now, cost back then was about $125 each.

growler2058
3rd April 2011, 04:29 PM
G'day Ruby runnin mtz on my troll and wifeys prado so far excellant prado daily driver and they are bettter in all weather than the hwy terrains we had before. With all tyres muddys especially you need to rotate evry 10,000k's to get the most life outa them