PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Patrol club in MT Gravatt

Finly Owner
24th September 2010, 09:35 PM
Had the pleasure of accompaning Tony to his club on Monday night. I can see myself joining, but not until after the AGM unless it stops me from doing the DAP weekend.

Nice group of Nissan nuts.:icon_driving:

YNOT
25th September 2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks Tim, it will be good to have you in the club. You've only met (or seen) about 10% of our members so far, but you're right, they are a great bunch. A few years ago I went through a really tough time when my first wife died. The club members were like family to me and helped me get through it, so I think pretty highly of them.

Tony

DX grunt
25th September 2010, 10:42 AM
Great to hear guys. Do they have their own website? Let us know so we can check it out.

Take care out there.

YNOT
25th September 2010, 01:25 PM
www.nissanpatrolclub.org.au

Tony

DX grunt
25th September 2010, 01:59 PM
www.nissanpatrolclub.org.au

Tony

Great website Tony.

Love the 'Countdown Clock' till next meeting.

Maybe, just maybe, AB could do one for our South OZ meeting, once we know a date.

YNOT
25th September 2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks Ross.
You might have recognised some of the technical posts!!!
It's not as active as this website, but we're happy with it.

Tony

DX grunt
25th September 2010, 03:14 PM
Thanks Ross.
You might have recognised some of the technical posts!!!
It's not as active as this website, but we're happy with it.

Tony

Not a problem. If you're happy, I'm happy. lol

I've joined and just given my intro. Different forums have different styles.

Ya gotta admit, this forum is different from all the others.

I'm so greatful for your advice and that of others. I know squat, but aren't afraid to ask the basic questions,
that many have known for years and years.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

TOECUTTER
1st October 2010, 03:18 PM
Hey Tony,
Mate what are some more details about the club, such as recent trips etc. Might be interested in joining, quiet like the idea.

YNOT
2nd October 2010, 10:53 PM
I copied this from our club website home page;

The Queensland Nissan Patrol 4WD Club Inc. comprises a group of people who drive 4WD vehicles and enjoy the company of others in seeking access to isolated & interesting places in the great outdoors.

The Club conducts trips into relatively inaccessible places where members participate in many other activities of a recreational nature.

The Club has a well coordinated driver training program which is run regularly throughout the year for drivers of varied experience with off-road vehicles. This program may incorporate a "get to know your vehicle" segment as well as a practical session on a well planned circuit in an area of South East Queensland.

A large number of our members are families and our activities are designed to cater for all tastes and age groups. Activities are coordinated by the Club Committee & members have every opportunity to participate in the planning of such activities.

Meetings are held on the third Monday of every month at the Mt Gravatt Showgrounds and commence at 7.30pm. Visitors and guests are welcome to attend and enjoy a free cup of coffee or tea.

Recently we have had trips to Central Australia and Lake Ayre, as well as trips closer to home like Mt Mee and Jondaryn woolshed.
There is a trip calander on our site that outlines upcoming trips and their gradings.
It would be great to see you at one of our meetings.

Tony

Cadbury
3rd November 2010, 12:57 PM
The club sounds good and its not too far from my place. I will try and make it there for the next meeting.
Canbury

YNOT
3rd November 2010, 02:05 PM
It is a good club, I look forward to meeting you.

Tony

Finly Owner
5th November 2010, 12:31 AM
Yeah gotta admit, you're made feel welcome form time you enter,first meeting. Free coffee for visitors. All age groups, all aspects of 4wd represented. Family orientated. Next meeting 10 days away.

DX grunt
5th November 2010, 08:59 AM
Next meeting 10 days away.

Do you do video link ups? lol. Sounds like a great club. Helps me with some ideas, too.

YNOT
5th November 2010, 01:05 PM
Ahhhh, no, no video link ups! But your welcome to attend as a visitor any time you want!

Tony

Woof
5th November 2010, 11:21 PM
Hey Tony, maybe we can do some sort of link to both of our clubs and share some info and such, like trips, training etc.
Will have to put it to the rest of our committee first but maybe it could be beneficial to both clubs.
Just a thought.

Finly Owner
5th November 2010, 11:21 PM
Ahhhh, no, no video link ups! But your welcome to attend as a visitor any time you want!

Tony

I 2nd that motion!

DX grunt
5th November 2010, 11:23 PM
Hey Tony, maybe we can do some sort of link to both of our clubs and share some info and such, like trips, training etc.
Will have to put it to the rest of our committee first but maybe it could be beneficial to both clubs.
Just a thought.

Awesome. We have a 'sister' Club in a land far, far away. lolol

YNOT
5th November 2010, 11:45 PM
Just a thought.

I'll run the idea past our club committee, but WPC members (and anyone else for that matter) are always welcome to join our club website.
Does the WPC have it's own website?
I don't see any reason why there would be a problem with sharing information or the 2 clubs meeting on outback trips.

Tony

Finly Owner
5th November 2010, 11:46 PM
I'm not financial member yet, Ross, but will be, as members are the type of people if find easy to mix with, friendly, inviting and helpful.

DX grunt
5th November 2010, 11:48 PM
I'm not financial member yet, Ross, but will be, as members are the type of people if find easy to mix with, friendly, inviting and helpful.

Do they bet? lolol

I need some subordinates. LOLOL

YNOT
12th February 2011, 11:48 PM
Next general meeting of the Qld Nissan Patrol Club will be held on 21/02/11.

Tony

Finly Owner
13th February 2011, 12:04 AM
Next general meeting of the Qld Nissan Patrol Club will be held on 21/02/11.

Tony
8days 20hours and 56mins from now

Airstrike
13th February 2011, 12:27 AM
Is the club invite only kind of thing?

YNOT
13th February 2011, 12:31 AM
Is the club invite only kind of thing?

No, it's open to visitors/guests as well as members. You don't even have to have a Patrol, although it is preferred.
You are more than welcome to attend one of meetings as a guest to get a feel for the club, if you like it you are welcome to join.

Tony

Airstrike
13th February 2011, 12:39 AM
Cheers for the reply mate, I might pop over to meet up and see whats what :)

Finly Owner
13th February 2011, 01:04 AM
We'll see you there then, have a look at us:
http://www.nissanpatrolclub.org.au/news.php

Dhuck
15th February 2011, 08:57 AM
We'll see you there then, have a look at us:
http://www.nissanpatrolclub.org.au/news.php

I have and sure you were a bearded old man

Bigrig
15th February 2011, 09:28 AM
I might pop over next Monday and have a squiz also ...

Whitewulf
15th February 2011, 06:49 PM
I have looked at a few clubs and they were not what I was looking for, so If I may ask some quick questions to save the Club time.

Q:1 I can see from the posts that the members are friendly and all get along, would not be a club for long without it but, is the club more into "bush bashing" and just driving to get bogged and make a mess, or is it a social club, where the trips/outings are for a purpose. ie.. to get somewhere and either camp or a nice view for lunch ??

Q:2 Does the club allow kids on the trips.

Q;3 Allot of clubs required you to have done some offroad training before you can go on trips with them - I am booked to do Bush 4x4 Training with QLD Driver Training in the next weeks,
Do you know if I would have to pay again to do the club training, if so how much was it ? (http://www.qldoffroad.com.au/ not a plug for them)

YNOT
15th February 2011, 08:56 PM
A;1 Our club is into responsible 4WDing and "tread lightly". We do all sorts of trips from social that you could do in a regular car, State forest trips (only with relavent permits), long distance desert/ Cape york etc trips, and everything in between. For those who like a challenge a bit closer to home we go to 4WD parks. Different people are into different types of driving, we try to cater for all of them (except those that want to be irresponsible, we don't want those people in our club) with different trips. Our club is a member of the Australian 4WD association.

A;2 Children are welcome on all our trips, we are very much family orientated.

A;3 While we do acknowledge that a lot of people coming into our club already have extensive 4WDing experience, it is a requirement of our club insurance that all new members complete our clubs in house DAP (driver awareness program). I think the DAP costs about $60.

Tony

Finly Owner
16th February 2011, 12:51 AM
And may I also point out the club is very much like this forum ie no question is stupid and and very friendly.

Tim

Finly Owner
18th February 2011, 11:42 PM
Next meeting is 7:30pm Monday night

Bigrig
19th February 2011, 12:10 AM
Next meeting is 7:30pm Monday night

I'll definitely try to get across for this one.

frenzy
24th March 2011, 09:39 PM
Hey All,

I went to a meeting for the first time this Monday night. After I found a spot amongst the well set up beasts in the carpark, I was asked to sign in and given a name tag and then I was introduced to a long term member (damn it cant remember his name!) who was happy to tell me all about the club.

During the meeting, the visitors in the room were welcomed by name, members stood up and regaled us with recent trip reports and we were briefed by a guest speaker on performance chips, exhaust systems and LED bars. During the break when some sandwiches and tea were served, several people came over to meet me when they saw my "visitor" name tag. It was all very well organised and they made me feel welcome.

Based on this, I'll be there next month to sign up and am hoping to get out for a trip shortly. Unfortunately, I cant make the DAP weekend this weekend which are apparently a nice couple of days away and a prerequisite for most club outings.

Cheers,

Steve

Bigrig
24th March 2011, 10:05 PM
Hey All,

I went to a meeting for the first time this Monday night. After I found a spot amongst the well set up beasts in the carpark, I was asked to sign in and given a name tag and then I was introduced to a long term member (damn it cant remember his name!) who was happy to tell me all about the club.

During the meeting, the visitors in the room were welcomed by name, members stood up and regaled us with recent trip reports and we were briefed by a guest speaker on performance chips, exhaust systems and LED bars. During the break when some sandwiches and tea were served, several people came over to meet me when they saw my "visitor" name tag. It was all very well organised and they made me feel welcome.

Based on this, I'll be there next month to sign up and am hoping to get out for a trip shortly. Unfortunately, I cant make the DAP weekend this weekend which are apparently a nice couple of days away and a prerequisite for most club outings.

Cheers,

Steve

Glad to hear mate - I went over in January and pretty much same experience. Haven't joined as we have four kids and our trips etc are somewhat 'spontaneous' but seems like a good bunch of people.

YNOT
24th March 2011, 10:34 PM
Hey All,

Cheers,

Steve

If I'd known you were there I would have introduced myself, as would Tim (Finly owner). I'll see you next month.

Tony

frenzy
24th March 2011, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. We've got 2 kiddies and I'm hoping joining a club will help us to commit and get out more.

Bigrig
24th March 2011, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. We've got 2 kiddies and I'm hoping joining a club will help us to commit and get out more.

Should do mate - good family atmosphere in most clubs that helps keep the kids interested and occupied whilst you get the car dirty!! lol

Finly Owner
24th March 2011, 11:06 PM
If I'd known you were there I would have introduced myself, as would Tim (Finly owner). I'll see you next month.

TonyWe will and Ghost to maybe?

Finly Owner
24th March 2011, 11:07 PM
Glad to hear mate - I went over in January and pretty much same experience. Haven't joined as we have four kids and our trips etc are somewhat 'spontaneous' but seems like a good bunch of people.
Could still join and enjoy the more rough trips suited to you! Easter is being spent @ Straddie, family camp time. And 4wding.

Bigrig
24th March 2011, 11:10 PM
Could still join and enjoy the more rough trips suited to you! Easter is being spent @ Straddie, family camp time. And 4wding.

You never know ... I'd like to, but not fair on Doc as she loves to get out also and wants to take the jeep, so we just do our own thing usually ...

frenzy
24th March 2011, 11:31 PM
We will and Ghost to maybe?

Looking forward to it.
Cheers,
Steve

Finly Owner
24th March 2011, 11:37 PM
You never know ... I'd like to, but not fair on Doc as she loves to get out also and wants to take the jeep, so we just do our own thing usually ...
We do accept all FWD

Bigrig
24th March 2011, 11:40 PM
We do accept all FWD

Yep - the two memberships aren't a problem, but the 4 kids to bring along each meeting is ...

YNOT
24th March 2011, 11:41 PM

It wouldn't be the only Jeep in the club. Although we are a "Nissan Patrol club" we don't really care what make you drive, as long as it has at least 2 diffs and a transfer case and you enjoy getting out and about with like minded people you are welcome to join.

Tony

Bigrig
24th March 2011, 11:46 PM
It wouldn't be the only Jeep in the club. Although we are a "Nissan Patrol club" we don't really care what make you drive, as long as it has at least 2 diffs and a transfer case and you enjoy getting out and about with like minded people you are welcome to join.

Tony

Mucho appreciato on that!! As per above - just a bit difficult for us to attend meetings - we like doing this stuff together.

Ghost
29th March 2011, 07:41 AM
Finley will be there im sure :)

Finly Owner
15th May 2011, 11:13 PM
Tomorrow night 16/05/11 our club will be hosting Battery Traders and Logan Solar Systems.

Will be informative night about vehicle battery setups and 12v solar systems.

Tim

Finly Owner
26th July 2011, 10:40 PM
Next meeting 15/07/11

Tim

anwarg
18th November 2011, 01:20 PM
Wow this is great, I never knew about the existance of this club?

Finly Owner
18th November 2011, 11:17 PM
Next Meeting is Monday Night 21/11/11 7:30pm with Torque 4x4 visiting. Come for a look and free cuppa.

Tim

frenzy
21st November 2011, 08:06 PM
I'm off to the meeting now. Anyone is welcome! See ya there.

Andy D
23rd November 2011, 06:18 PM
Hi there Tony & Tim,
As you inferred this is a great website , no doubt you are both quite amazed that I have even managed to actually join up with no one holding my hand. I am as surprised as you.

I am feeling quite comfortable with the fact that there are a lot of wise people on this site who loyally stick with the GQs. Our club seems to favour the GUs and I must agree that they are a pretty truck!
I will be at the 4x4 show on this Saturday at Deception Bay, maybe a bit far for you, however. I'll have a look at the unaffordable and do a spot of drooling, it passes the time!

Was hoping to see you at the meeting on Monday night Tony,to get your opinion, however RB was kind enough to drive my truck round the Showgrounds, he thinks my persistant noise in the front end is caused by the packer on the top of the spring twisting out of its proper seating.Sounds Like a plan to fix it at last.

Regards Andy D.

YNOT
23rd November 2011, 07:29 PM
My apologies for not making it to the meeting Andy, I had to work late. Be careful letting Toyota owners drive your car.................

Tony

Finly Owner
23rd November 2011, 11:08 PM
My apologies for not making it to the meeting Andy, I had to work late. Be careful letting Toyota owners drive your car.................

TonyI was hoping everything was OK. Been meaning to calland check

Tim

Finly Owner
23rd November 2011, 11:09 PM
Hi there Tony & Tim,
As you inferred this is a great website , no doubt you are both quite amazed that I have even managed to actually join up with no one holding my hand. I am as surprised as you.

I am feeling quite comfortable with the fact that there are a lot of wise people on this site who loyally stick with the GQs. Our club seems to favour the GUs and I must agree that they are a pretty truck!
I will be at the 4x4 show on this Saturday at Deception Bay, maybe a bit far for you, however. I'll have a look at the unaffordable and do a spot of drooling, it passes the time!

Was hoping to see you at the meeting on Monday night Tony,to get your opinion, however RB was kind enough to drive my truck round the Showgrounds, he thinks my persistant noise in the front end is caused by the packer on the top of the spring twisting out of its proper seating.Sounds Like a plan to fix it at last.

Regards Andy D.
I suppose the GQ's are king of the coilys, but the MK is the real work horse of the family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim

GQ snail
16th March 2012, 09:27 AM
Hay.

Love the look of this club, def be heading along to next meeting on monday. Just interested to know cost involved with joining, I could not find info on web page.

Cheers

frenzy
22nd March 2012, 08:08 AM
Did you come along?

$30 joining fee plus whatever is left of the year in fees. If you joined now it would probably cost a total of $50-70.

Cheers,
Steve