PDA

View Full Version : GU ZD30 fan belt squeal

whitegu03
20th April 2012, 09:31 AM
Hi all,

I have a 2003 gu patrol ZD30 and am having some persistant issues with the drive belt and its getting very frustrating! I know this topic has been discussed a lot before and I have read through the posts to try and find an answer but I have a more specific question.
In the last 12 months I have replaced the belt 3 times, the tensioner pulley and the hydraulic tensioner as well. Each time it has lasted a while before replacing another part which I found was faulty. However this time it is a little different. I noticed it started squeaking a few days ago and couldnt figure out why. I tried water first to make sure it was the belt and it was. Then tried soap which stopped it for about 5 mins.
I finally decided to replace the belt and it stopped for about 2 days and now the squeak is back.

I noticed a while ago that my AC pulley was a bit noisy and know that the front bearing/or whole compressor is going to need replaced soon. I am wondering due to it being a bit loose due to the faulty bearing could this stretch the belt enough to make it squeak?

I dont really have the money to fix the compressor at the moment so I dont want to replace it now if it isnt going to fix the squeak. I have checked all the other pulleys and they seem to be running ok, no noises.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers,
Marty

97_gq_lwb
20th April 2012, 11:39 AM
supercharged v6 commonwhores used to be a pain with squeaky belts i would use silicon spray it worked .

bazzad
24th April 2012, 06:44 PM
Hey Marty,
What i do with my wifes mazda is put on a new belt, wait about 3 days till it starts to squeal. Remove the belt and flip it around to run the other way. Seems to work for it. may be worth a try.
bazza