PDA

View Full Version : ferrets rear lights

Malgreen
19th April 2012, 09:54 PM
just abit of advice please.
been told that to fit a 33 inch tyre to the rear spare holder, i will need a special spacer to bolt on first as the bigger tyre ...
BUT i was wondering if Ferrets rear light bracket would do the same?
has anyone done this and how does it fit?

thinking of buying this in a couple of weeks ( http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/REAR-4x4-DOUBLE-LIGHT-BRACKET-Nissan-Patrol-GU-4WD-Fishing-Camping-Off-Road-/251029453582?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a72857b0e )

so will i still need a spacer bracket or not ?
was the guy at the 4X4 shop in cairns pulling my leg about it?
will ferrets light bracket do it ??
thanks

the ferret
19th April 2012, 10:22 PM
I would say the Guy at the 4x4 shop has a hold of your breast and is giving it a tug!!
The Ferret light bracket gives you 25mm spacing, this is plenty of room to fit 33s on a GU or even GQ.
The Ferret bracket is built to be high enough for 33s.
With 35s, some Nissans need a spacer that lifts the wheel carrier as well as spacing.
I'm sure someone on here will verify for you.
Cheers, The ferret.

AB
19th April 2012, 10:29 PM
Yep 33s on my Ferrets GQ bracket works fine and my brother has Ferrets dual light bracket on his GU with 33s and that is fine as well....No problem at all!

Mmarcuss
19th April 2012, 11:41 PM
16x8 -12 offset and 285/75/16 tyre fits on a GQ no probs

megatexture
19th April 2012, 11:42 PM
ive got one of the brackets im not useing any more but did for 33s to space and raise it off of the bumper.

Tweakedoffroad
20th April 2012, 03:14 AM
Yea mate will be heaps have fitted a few of his light brackets with my rear led work lights and they come up a treat

Rip'n'Shred
20th April 2012, 06:00 AM
How much are your work light LED's?

wildgu6
20th April 2012, 08:24 AM
Ferrets gear is top stuff buddy, and he knows his patrols, hes not a silly man lol so I guess he takes everything in to consideration when he makes his gear for trolls, not just a std generic one size fits all and buy extras to fit it, it's Aussie made gear too.

Hijack
Rod, do you do the extended barn door hinges ?? for GU
If so can you PM me with a price
Thanks buddy

Yappa tappa doo

Malgreen
20th April 2012, 10:38 AM
hey guys , thanx for the info..
Hey ferret, you will be sending one of them to Cairns real soon... cheers

the ferret
20th April 2012, 10:46 AM
Ferrets gear is top stuff buddy, and he knows his patrols, hes not a silly man lol so I guess he takes everything in to consideration when he makes his gear for trolls, not just a std generic one size fits all and buy extras to fit it, it's Aussie made gear too.

Hijack
Rod, do you do the extended barn door hinges ?? for GU
If so can you PM me with a price
Thanks buddy

Yappa tappa doo

Onya Mate, The extended hinges are on Ebay, they are soooo cheap, it's not worthwhile for me to make them
Cheers, The ferret.